collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Lawsuit against the WDFW  (Read 7490 times)

Offline time2hunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
Lawsuit against the WDFW
« on: May 31, 2018, 04:02:51 PM »
WDFW sued over bear hunts on timber farms
http://www.king5.com/mobile/article/tech/science/environment/wdfw-sued-over-bear-hunts-on-timber-farms/281-560352815
(Via KING 5)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Local 3482

Offline eastsidemallard74

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • EVEN THE PRESIDENT OF PETA EVOLVED FROM A HUNTER .
Re: Lawsuit against the WDFW
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 04:14:15 PM »
"Tried to keep out of the public eye" Remember the days before social media......... :bdid:
Is it waterfowl season yet..............

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 05:33:13 PM »
Wonder if the timber companies will help out WDFW in fighting this?  Maybe it will lead to OTC spring bear or if all goes to the tribal houndsmen.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 05:43:04 PM »
Wonder if the timber companies will help out WDFW in fighting this?  Maybe it will lead to OTC spring bear or if all goes to the tribal houndsmen.

timber companies :pee:

They want to keep public off their property AND pay cheap property tax rates AND have WDFW slaughter bears AND not let anyone use the carcasses?

Ya, pizz on em.  I hope WDFW looses the suit and bears strip the hell out of their trees until they fling open all their gates and beg hunters to come get some bears

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 06:01:45 PM »

timber companies :pee:

They want to keep public off their property AND pay cheap property tax rates AND have WDFW slaughter bears AND not let anyone use the carcasses?

Ya, pizz on em.  I hope WDFW looses the suit and bears strip the hell out of their trees until they fling open all their gates and beg hunters to come get some bears
:yeah:  +1
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 06:35:08 PM »
I was hunting bears on timber property today and ran across a trespasser on a quad that beat a path around the gate and was ripping circles in the road digging big ruts.  A couple hours later, I ran across another truck of trespassers that flat out told me they didn't have permission but had the code for the gates.  At just about every pullout, there was a pile of garbage and every sign had a bunch of bullet holes in them.

Maybe it's just me, but I bet they won't be begging for more people on their land anytime soon.

That said, the lawsuit says you can take two bears and bait them, so that is different from the draw hunts as far as I know, it must be a completely different program.  I also don't see them complaining when bears get into urban neighborhoods and are dealt with.

Offline CarbonHunter

• Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF, WSB
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 07:16:28 PM »
I just seen the report on channel 5.  How can judges take these people seriously in court?  I think it is time for a real judge to step up and issue a ruling saying that it is the job of the wdfw to set the regulations and that a 20 year old initiative and a lawsuit from a liberal group is not how we manage wildlife.

Was the tribes listed as a violator of the law or are the liberals only suing the wdfw and the corporate timber companies?

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 06:14:12 AM »
Bet if they win it taxpayers will pay the attorney fees.
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 06:36:27 AM »
I will NEVER blame timber companies from shutting down their lands, it's THEIR land, I know if I owned a couple hundred thousand acres I wouldn't let people hunt it or I would do what the timber companies do and sell a few keys to responsible people , look at what people do to the land that is state owned :bash: it's a joke and a disgusting mess, having said that , wdfw needs to man up and get rid of the no trapping, no baiting, no hounding laws and let us get out there and control the damn predator problem!!
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 07:01:35 AM »
I will NEVER blame timber companies from shutting down their lands, it's THEIR land, I know if I owned a couple hundred thousand acres I wouldn't let people hunt it or I would do what the timber companies do and sell a few keys to responsible people , look at what people do to the land that is state owned :bash: it's a joke and a disgusting mess, having said that , wdfw needs to man up and get rid of the no trapping, no baiting, no hounding laws and let us get out there and control the damn predator problem!!

You won't ever own that much property.  And usually, the actual companies doing the logging don't either.  These are billionaires out to make a buck, however they see fit.  Not lifetime loggers who know the land.  This isn't a property owners right issue.  It's investment groups who are taking advantage of massive tax breaks and not giving back in return what they were supposed to.  How on earth this is still happening is beyond me.

I'm with KF on this one.  Paying $300 to access property that they get a reduced tax rate on to allow public access to, only to have them start managing wildlife on their own with no regard to what WDFW puts out?

WDFW's wildlife policies suck, but the answer is not competing agencies.  It's cleaning up what we have.

Now, if a timber company buys some land and pays the full tax on it.... Let them do what they want as far as access goes.  As for the bears, they still need to obey the law!

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 07:15:07 AM »
CBD sucks.

If timber companies don’t come to bat with WDFW CBD will wipe the floor with current practices.

If CBD wins our west side spring bear hunts will be next. :twocents:

People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 07:18:33 AM »
Simple solution, change the law, allow baiting and hounds again. 

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 07:22:10 AM »
"They've taken what was a small exemption in the voter initiative and driven a Mack truck through it."
What a massive over reaction. 

I'd be willing to bet if one of these bears chewed one of their tree huggin buddies, they wouldn't complain about using dogs to track it down.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 07:30:15 AM »

You won't ever own that much property.  And usually, the actual companies doing the logging don't either.  These are billionaires out to make a buck, however they see fit.  Not lifetime loggers who know the land.  This isn't a property owners right issue.  It's investment groups who are taking advantage of massive tax breaks and not giving back in return what they were supposed to.  How on earth this is still happening is beyond me.

I'm with KF on this one.  Paying $300 to access property that they get a reduced tax rate on to allow public access to, only to have them start managing wildlife on their own with no regard to what WDFW puts out?

WDFW's wildlife policies suck, but the answer is not competing agencies.  It's cleaning up what we have.

Now, if a timber company buys some land and pays the full tax on it.... Let them do what they want as far as access goes.  As for the bears, they still need to obey the law!

Lots of people pay reduced taxes including farmers, low income seniors, etc.  The only reason timber companies get the heat around here is that they used to allow free access.

Offline dscubame

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2018, 07:36:09 AM »
Lets remember who owns the land.  I would not want people trespassing on my land especially the way people leave it and what they do on it.  It's called private by correct definition.
It's a TIKKA thing..., you may not understand.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal