collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New brass to the market  (Read 3335 times)

Offline b23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
Re: New brass to the market
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2018, 04:54:50 PM »
I think Lapua had contracted with another company to produce the 300 win brass. I’ve read that Norma actually produced it but no way to be sure. I wish whatever they did they would do it again.

I talked to Kevin Thomas (Lapua's USA Rep.) about this once and that is what he told me, Lapua subcontracted with Norma to make some 300 Win brass with Lapua head stamp on it, but the brass was produced by Norma.

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2018, 05:02:11 PM »
RWS makes great 300wm brass
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2018, 06:26:38 PM »
I think Lapua had contracted with another company to produce the 300 win brass. I’ve read that Norma actually produced it but no way to be sure. I wish whatever they did they would do it again.

I talked to Kevin Thomas (Lapua's USA Rep.) about this once and that is what he told me, Lapua subcontracted with Norma to make some 300 Win brass with Lapua head stamp on it, but the brass was produced by Norma.
Did they say if it was spec ed to something special or different than the Norma win mag brass? Different alloy? Or anything like that?

Offline yorketransport

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Frontiersman
  • Preferred pronouns: were/was
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2018, 07:40:28 PM »
The only Bertram brass I've used extensively is the 375 CheyTac brass I use in my 338. It's good strong brass, but the rims are inconsistent. The diameters and thickness on the rims is enough of an issue that I have to actually sort it. My BAT action with a sliding plate style extractor will take all of it but the Lawton's Sako style extractor struggles with probably 10% of the brass.

I'm on 5-6 firings on most of my cases and the primer pockets are still as tight as the day I got them, so it seems to hold up pretty well. I don't push it very hard though. That was the whole reason for going with a case this big. I'd rather throttle back a large case than red line a smaller case (338 Lapua improved) to get the same performance.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal