collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Three-Deer Raffle Strategy  (Read 7211 times)

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
Re: Three-Deer Raffle Strategy
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2018, 08:44:51 AM »
I also love the talk of the 200” mule deer like there around every tree. Some people hunt for a decade in some premier states and never even see a buck of that caliber. Your doing pretty good for yourself if you can find a 180-190 buck in this state. The average joe doesn’t have the cash to pay the finder fees that a whale can.
   they are absolutely not behind every bush but some folks know where to look for them, they just can't get the tag required to hunt them.  :tup:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2018, 11:45:36 AM »
I also love the talk of the 200” mule deer like there around every tree. Some people hunt for a decade in some premier states and never even see a buck of that caliber. Your doing pretty good for yourself if you can find a 180-190 buck in this state. The average joe doesn’t have the cash to pay the finder fees that a whale can.
   they are absolutely not behind every bush but some folks know where to look for them, they just can't get the tag required to hunt them.  :tup:
those some people must be pretty special guys :tup:
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline hunterednate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2018, 02:33:58 PM »
I would put 100% of my time and energy into killing a 200"+ mule deer.  If I had some spare days I'd go find a whitetail.  After that I'd spend my remaining days gazing upon my mule deer.  Blacktails don't interest me in the slightest.  Sorry blacktail guys :chuckle:

Crazy man.   :chuckle:
I wouldn't even be will to spend $40 on a tank of gas to get over there for a weekend :chuckle: 

You could find some pretty nice "blacktails" close to the crest.

Ha! That would be my Sept. strategy, for sure. Find a "blacktail" like this guy I photographed just a few miles west of the PCT a couple years ago, then head straight east to try to find a decent whitetail still in its summer pattern. November and December in migration hunts for mule deer. Would be pickiest about the mule deer, for sure, but would be thrilled just get mature specimens of each in one season.

Offline Watimberghost

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2018, 02:55:03 PM »
Awesome pic! Thats a stud, no matter what side of the PCT he's on :tup: :tup:

Offline crabcreekhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2018, 03:48:24 PM »
Sept 1st would dump a 185" muley in the high country in full velvet, never had a chance to do that and snow/November is cold.  Throw him in the freezer jump across the crest, roll a 155" bench leg in the high country.  And then smoke a 165"+ muley in general season and eat the rat deer tag since the freezer is full!
"Courage is simply fear that has said its prayers"

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2018, 10:01:28 PM »
Road hunt the entire state of Washington in November!!
It is hard to follow one great vision in a world of darkness and of many changing shadows. Among these shadows men get lost.
-Black Elk

Offline nalley112

• Scout
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2018, 11:29:32 PM »
It would be hard to pass up a buck like this on in Sept! There will never be 200” deer around every bush or draw in any state.. but Washington does have  some great deer and if I had the tag would scout every single Cham e out to find one of those bucks.. I get out July and August looking for bucks and actually find my fair share of giant Washington bucks.. just like Karl said moat don’t have the tags or know where to go and find bucks of that caliber..
cortneynalleyphotography- instagram

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2018, 05:48:50 AM »
Kill a local blacktail in late Oct then go to Idaho in Nov and kill two more deer...that's 3 right.  :chuckle:

Offline Critter Ritter

• Hunter
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2018, 06:32:45 PM »
probably a dumb question to ask but just wanted to make sure,
if you draw the 3 deer tag do you get to harvest all three species any time through Sept 1st-Dec 31st and have all the tags in your pocket at the same time?
OR does the WDFW limit you to choose which species to hunt first than once you harvest the first species, WDFW will let you choose the second species and so on and so fourth?
Again probably a dumb question to ask but just wanted to make sure on what the process is.
Thanks in advance!

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2018, 12:18:19 AM »
probably a dumb question to ask but just wanted to make sure,
if you draw the 3 deer tag do you get to harvest all three species any time through Sept 1st-Dec 31st and have all the tags in your pocket at the same time?
OR does the WDFW limit you to choose which species to hunt first than once you harvest the first species, WDFW will let you choose the second species and so on and so fourth?
Again probably a dumb question to ask but just wanted to make sure on what the process is.
Thanks in advance!

You can hunt any and all, whenever you want, in the allotted time frame. ;)
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal