collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Someone's shooting cows  (Read 5332 times)

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Someone's shooting cows
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 10:08:51 AM »
Since cattlemen in Stevens County began to experience consistent wolf attacks in 2012, cattle have been the target for malicious opportunists who are shooting cattle while they are grazing near a public roadway. The animals are often shot at random and left to die. SCCA suspects the attacks are being carried out by those who may be upset about environmental issues, including the current conflict with wolves.
I'm sorry but people have been shooting cows long before wolves were in this state. So if someone shoots a couple cows in Stevens County they're some environmentalist wolf lover but if they shoot them in Grant County they're just a ahole?

This is nothing more than the SCCA trying to tie something with wolves that has a 99% chance of it not being related. People have shot at cows as long as we've been on this planet, doesn't matter if wolves are there or not.
These are not animal rights or environmental activists...that's just a dumb idea being pushed for political purposes.  If cattle operations were being interfered with that did not directly involve shooting or harming animals I would say for sure it's them...cutting fences, damaging equipment etc. are how enviro wackos act.  This is plain ol criminal activity by dumb kids, annoyed neighbors, or some locals with a grudge.

again the quote by tim coleman executive director of the kettle range conservation group "its INHUMANE and UNJUSTIFIED to put livestock on top of important predators and expect the predators not to take a bite out of them." He and probably his followers believe its the CATTLES fault for being there. I know nothing about this specific group but No question these people would shoot cows with that mindset. It could be jerk kids too or anybody, but its a mistake to think even the suggestion of enviro wackos is just a political stunt. My guess is they should be on the short list of suspects. Just look at some of the different enviro groups track record, shooting a cow would be mild compared to what they have done. If the cow was eaten by a wolf its the cows fault for being there, but if the cow got shot its the guns fault   :chuckle: 

Offline elkchaser54

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2018, 12:23:20 PM »
Some drunk dude and his buddies are out cruising a dirt road late at night booze cruising, with a rifle sitting shotgun and he bets his buddy that he can hit that cow at 500 yards....

Oh wait it was an environmentalist making a statement.  Talk about pushing your biases with no information leading to that.  Was there a note saying Hi, I murdered your cow cause I love wolves and the environment............

Jumping to conclusions eh?  Both my story and their story are feasible, no one knows who did it so why make an assumption like that.  I am not some pro wolf dude but there is more then one way for a cow to die. 

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2018, 01:17:36 PM »
Some drunk dude and his buddies are out cruising a dirt road late at night booze cruising, with a rifle sitting shotgun and he bets his buddy that he can hit that Wolf at 500 yards....

Oh wait it was an environmentalist making a statement.  Talk about pushing your biases with no information leading to that.  Was there a note saying Hi, I murdered your wolf cause I love cows and the environment............

Jumping to conclusions eh?  Both my story and their story are feasible, no one knows who did it so why make an assumption like that.  I am not some pro cow dude but there is more then one way for a wolf to die.

Changed the narrative a shade.    :dunno:

Offline elkchaser54

• Scout
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2018, 03:08:01 PM »
I wished they did shoot a wolf!!!!!!!!

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2018, 06:37:52 AM »
Most of the time up there, you don't see cows until they right next to the road and you sure don't see them 500 yards away late at night   ;)

When these people have their livelihood under indirect attack from one group and simultaneously under direct attack from another(or the same), I wont pass judgment on their thoughts about it.

I understand about jumping to conclusions generally but for this case it really doesn't matter.  There is never going to be a civil agreement reached between the two sides of the issue. 

Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2018, 07:44:44 AM »
Common problem, coyotes look other worldly with a bad case, seems to apply to canis lupos

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2018, 08:22:18 AM »
Are you guys really arguing about this? None of you know who shot the cows.

Imma go read the bigfoot thread.

I worked on a job site hauling dirt near the Echo Lake turnoff a few years ago. All the houses were GREEN FRIENDLY. Very expensive homes. Some ECO TERRORIST group came in and burned them. I think it was 4, because they weren't green enough if I remember right.

What I'm getting at is, the eco terrorist do, do these things.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline MR5x5

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2018, 09:23:01 AM »
Aliens until proven otherwise....

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2018, 02:16:37 PM »
Since cattlemen in Stevens County began to experience consistent wolf attacks in 2012, cattle have been the target for malicious opportunists who are shooting cattle while they are grazing near a public roadway. The animals are often shot at random and left to die. SCCA suspects the attacks are being carried out by those who may be upset about environmental issues, including the current conflict with wolves.
I'm sorry but people have been shooting cows long before wolves were in this state. So if someone shoots a couple cows in Stevens County they're some environmentalist wolf lover but if they shoot them in Grant County they're just a ahole?

This is nothing more than the SCCA trying to tie something with wolves that has a 99% chance of it not being related. People have shot at cows as long as we've been on this planet, doesn't matter if wolves are there or not.
These are not animal rights or environmental activists...that's just a dumb idea being pushed for political purposes.  If cattle operations were being interfered with that did not directly involve shooting or harming animals I would say for sure it's them...cutting fences, damaging equipment etc. are how enviro wackos act.  This is plain ol criminal activity by dumb kids, annoyed neighbors, or some locals with a grudge.
I agree.

Someone shoots a cow in King County its a dumb kid, poacher, etc.

Someone shoots a cow in Stevens County its a pro-wolf lover.

Politics baby.

My guess is if the individuals are caught and they're just a-holes we wont hear about it. If they're pro-wolf lovers you bet we'll hear about it.  :twocents:

The story said that problems have increased and who they suspect, it wasn't a definitive comment. On the other hand, you guys are making a definitive statement that it wasn't pro-wolfers.  :rolleyes:

Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline castie2504

• Scout
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2018, 08:26:23 PM »
Regardless of whether it is pro-wolfer or otherwise, it is a cowardly crime and I hope those responsible get what’s coming to them. Ranchers already face enough trouble without these senseless killings.
Life's a garden, Dig it!

Offline Remnar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scout
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2018, 09:01:09 PM »
Regardless of whether it is pro-wolfer or otherwise, it is a cowardly crime and I hope those responsible get what’s coming to them. Ranchers already face enough trouble without these senseless killings.
  :yeah:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw