collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: What was vortex talon HD replaced with?  (Read 4990 times)

Offline buglebuster

• ELKOHOLIC
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
What was vortex talon HD replaced with?
« on: June 04, 2018, 12:30:00 PM »
I have a set of vortex talon HD binos that are having some issues, I noticed they are discontinued now. What are they replacing them with if they deem them unrepairable?

Offline outdooraddict

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Re: What was vortex talon HD replaced with?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 10:01:54 AM »
i am interested in this exact situation, i too have a pair of talons, and if its an upgrade, mine might be unrepairable too

Offline yakimanoob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 10:11:45 AM »
My guess is they were "replaced" with the Viper HDs.  Just looking from the specs/MSRP, I imagine Vortex decided the Talon and Viper line were close enough together to drop the Talon. 

Offline buglebuster

• ELKOHOLIC
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 12:29:27 PM »
That’s kind of what I had figured

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 12:59:26 PM »
Call them and ask. (800) 426-0048
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 01:25:20 PM »
Call them and ask. (800) 426-0048

Thanks for posting this. It reminded me to call them about my spotter.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline swisski

• Tracker
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 09:24:36 PM »
What was the verdict after calling them? I've long wondered this. My backup pair is my old Talon HD's. Nothing wrong with them, but knowing they were discontinued I always wondered about a replacement.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 10:56:07 AM »
What was the verdict after calling them? I've long wondered this. My backup pair is my old Talon HD's. Nothing wrong with them, but knowing they were discontinued I always wondered about a replacement.

I was told if they could not repair my Viper non-HD spotter, they'd replace it with the newer HD model. They no longer make the non-HD model. I've been slacking and haven't sent it in yet.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline syoungs

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 07:36:15 PM »

I was told if they could not repair my Viper non-HD spotter, they'd replace it with the newer HD model. They no longer make the non-HD model. I've been slacking and haven't sent it in yet.

I am still holding out for a new viper pst gen 2 showing up in the mail next week, I'm guessing they will just fix my gen 1 though  :P

Offline frankhunter

• Pilgrim
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 02:40:57 AM »
The theme has been covered for hundred times already but I was at the same situation and simply asked for help. I like ATN brand for optics. Look on https://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-binocular. As a part of ATN's Smart-HD optics line of digital devices, these binoculars feature the Obsidian user interface for the most user friendly experience possible. Even the shape was built with the user in mind, that's why it's made as ergonomically as possible, with your feedback. Very good thing, and price is not high!

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal