collapse

Author Topic: Washington state loses big legal battle over salmon culverts  (Read 1634 times)

Offline 7mmfan

• Virtual Campfire
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
Re: Washington state loses big legal battle over salmon culverts
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2018, 03:42:45 PM »
I believe that. I've seen incredible days in the last 5 years, but I know they are the exception. Those days almost make me sad when I'm out there because I know that's what it used to be like all the time. When I sat at Hartzell's this spring watching that push of fish come through at dark, I couldn't help but think of what it was like before nets stretched all the way across the river. Would have been impressive to see.
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Online Badhabit

• Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2018, 03:50:57 PM »
To me, the bottom line is the court decided in favor of the fish. Why would that be a bad thing?

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Virtual Campfire
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2018, 04:18:33 PM »
The sooner the culverts are removed, the sooner that excuse is done away with and can get closer to the issues of SE AK commies and tribal nets. 

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Explorer
  • Wake me when you need me.
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2018, 04:29:59 PM »
The sooner the culverts are removed, the sooner that excuse is done away with and can get closer to the issues of SE AK commies and tribal nets.

Im all for reducing blockages such as culverts... Until River specific numbers studies can be done all solutions are a shot in the dark. It leads me to believe this is less about Salmon than it is about water, and the control that can be exerted. Ironic that information already collected cannot be used to help solve the problem.  :twocents:
The Truth is like Poetry, and most people hate Poetry

Offline Slow-1

• Pilgrim
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2018, 03:01:53 PM »
My prediction is they will not stop gill netting until there is nothing left to catch. Then say it was logging and culverts, lack of farm buffs or whatever .
Then demand money from the government (state and federal), and will get it, because “WE” destroyed their fish runs.

Online HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #35 on: Yesterday at 05:45:55 AM »
My prediction is they will not stop gill netting until there is nothing left to catch. Then say it was logging and culverts, lack of farm buffs or whatever .
Then demand money from the government (state and federal), and will get it, because “WE” destroyed their fish runs.

My thoughts exactly. Some(not all) of the tribes are a big part of the problem that they are trying to make others fix without addressing the gillnet and wasteage issue!

Offline timberfaller

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #36 on: Yesterday at 08:21:48 AM »
I see the Lumi Tribe is going after the whole Puget Sound clear into Canada's waters as their's.

They send demands to the Feds that THEY need to be "contacted" over ANY thing that goes on ANY where on their "Sea"!!

Any example or source for “what you see”?

The Lummi's are claiming the "Salish Sea" as their ancestral fishing grounds.   Its not a law suit yet but they are working at making it one.

Just for giggles I found this!

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/environment/seeking-to-free-a-puget-sound-orca-lummi-nation-launches-trek-to-miami/

I would love to give my "source" but it to fresh to be on the internet yet.   

People have forgotten WHO Gov. Booth G. and Weyerhaeuser used to come to the east side years ago and kill/Poach deer in the Methow!   I made a few hundred bucks for turning them in.  I would have made a lot more but the poachers made it back to their reservation  before the game wardens could catch them :bash:

Still remember the public meeting in Lake Chelan over the illegal dealings by Booth and Associates!!  Ole Booth should have been put in jail over it!

Our "two tiered" justice system has been around for a long time, its nothing new!
The only good tree, is a stump!

Offline Tbar

• Virtual Campfire
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sourdough
  • That Boy Ain't Right
« Reply #37 on: Yesterday at 09:29:03 AM »
 :dunno: What is the direction of your post Timber?

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Off-Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #38 on: Yesterday at 10:17:08 AM »

The Lummi's are claiming the "Salish Sea" as their ancestral fishing grounds.   Its not a law suit yet but they are working at making it one.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/environment/seeking-to-free-a-puget-sound-orca-lummi-nation-launches-trek-to-miami/

People have forgotten WHO Gov. Booth G. and Weyerhaeuser used to come to the east side years ago and kill/Poach deer in the Methow!   I made a few hundred bucks for turning them in.  I would have made a lot more but the poachers made it back to their reservation  before the game wardens could catch them :bash:

Still remember the public meeting in Lake Chelan over the illegal dealings by Booth and Associates!!  Ole Booth should have been put in jail over it!

Our "two tiered" justice system has been around for a long time, its nothing new!

What does the Lummi wishing the Orca Tokitae was no longer kept at the Miami Seaquarium have to do with any of your other claims?  And what does Weyerhauser and Booth Gardner's supposed poaching ring have to do with culverts?

Offline bigtex

• Virtual Campfire
  • Old Salt
« Reply #39 on: Yesterday at 10:25:44 AM »

What does the Lummi wishing the Orca Tokitae was no longer kept at the Miami Seaquarium have to do with any of your other claims?  And what does Weyerhauser and Booth Gardner's supposed poaching ring have to do with culverts?
:chuckle:
Because it's the government! Gah! Tribes, Democrats, Politicians, Oh my!  :o

* Recent Topics

2018 Special Permits: Drawing Results by NOCK NOCK
[Today at 12:43:19 PM]

washington draw by gasman
[Today at 12:37:25 PM]

Skagit spring bear by h2ofowlr
[Today at 12:34:59 PM]

Got the email & the tag by duckmen1
[Today at 12:27:45 PM]

Crawdad Mania - 2018 by Jonathan_S