collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Campbell global permits  (Read 4713 times)

Offline JasonG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Campbell global permits
« on: June 12, 2018, 07:20:38 PM »
Just curious if you guys have or currently use the Campbell global permits? I was looking at the map and they own a lot of land. Is it worth the money? Do you see a lot of critters? Thanks for any info. It's fairly expensive so I was looking for some feed back. Jason

Offline Katmai Guy

• Retired
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
Re: Campbell global permits
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 09:27:15 PM »
I've bought the snoqualmie permit every since Weyerhaeuser started it.  I use it all year long for fishing, mushrooms, varmints. Not many elk, and deer have been scarce for a while, lots of cougar tracks like everywhere else. Some years it's closed from the middle of summer thru the start of archery season due to fire danger
"Keep shootin, when there's lead in the air, there's hope"

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 10:29:56 AM »
Just curious if you guys have or currently use the Campbell global permits? I was looking at the map and they own a lot of land. Is it worth the money? Do you see a lot of critters? Thanks for any info. It's fairly expensive so I was looking for some feed back. Jason
For a close, quick, decent hunting opportunity you can't beat it. Katmai mentioned some good info. The deer numbers have dropped the past 10 years or so (seems like cougar numbers are up in the same time.) Since you're behind locked gates it really reduces the riff raff in the area, I've never been worried about my vehicle or any other interesting characters lurking in the woods like I do on public lands.

Personally, I highly suggest buying it. Good deer, bear, cougar opportunity. If you dedicate some time you can even get an elk.

Offline Katmai Guy

• Retired
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 11:04:39 AM »
For a close, quick, decent hunting opportunity you can't beat it. Katmai mentioned some good info. The deer numbers have dropped the past 10 years or so (seems like cougar numbers are up in the same time.) Since you're behind locked gates it really reduces the riff raff in the area, I've never been worried about my vehicle or any other interesting characters lurking in the woods like I do on public lands.

Personally, I highly suggest buying it. Good deer, bear, cougar opportunity. If you dedicate some time you can even get an elk.

BT any clue on where to get into the elk at Snoqualmie?  Everytime I go up there it seems I almost run them over before I get to the Campbel Global property.  Just go ahead and PM me a road number. :chuckle:

PS: JasonG-I shot at a cougar while varmint calling up there in Feb. 

Offline Katmai Guy

• Retired
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 11:19:05 AM »
@BigTex--Your PM inbox is full

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 11:24:32 AM »
@BigTex--Your PM inbox is full
Fixed thanks

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 11:56:04 AM »
I agree with Big Tex that it is a great resource for the right person. I can't get time off during deer season, so a place that is close by is key. It may not be crawling with deer, but to spend a couple hours in there and not see some deer is very uncommon. There's a fair amount of traffic, but the majority don't leave the truck except to pee or shoot. And even with my very limited knowledge, I know that if you're not getting out of the truck, you're driving by lots of blacktail!
Low T Beta Male
Domesticated simpy city dwelling male

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:04:10 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]