collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Steelies  (Read 3367 times)

Offline swwaoutdoorsman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Steelies
« on: June 14, 2018, 08:51:07 PM »
A few steelhead from last week.
Team Squeaker pro staff

Online Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
Re: Steelies
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 09:44:04 PM »
Beautiful pics!
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 09:49:07 PM »
 :tup:
People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 09:30:54 AM »
Nice!!!
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline 2MANY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 09:43:43 AM »
You cooned em.
LOL

Offline W_Ellison2011

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 03:47:21 PM »
AWESOME! I've always wanted to fish for steelhead but never was shown how due to my dad giving up on it. One of these days I will have to get one of you guys to show me how to get'r done!

Offline onmygame

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 06:02:00 PM »
Beautiful pics!

Please allow me to one up here...

Beautiful fish!

Offline Wanttohuntmore

• Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 07:08:16 PM »
AWESOME! I've always wanted to fish for steelhead but never was shown how due to my dad giving up on it. One of these days I will have to get one of you guys to show me how to get'r done!

My advice,  don't wait to learn.   Go to the river and watch,  talk to the folks that are successful.   Steel head are not easy.

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 07:13:30 PM »

My advice,  don't wait to learn.   Go to the river and watch,  talk to the folks that are successful.   Steel head are not easy.

I agree with this except that steelhead aren't easy. They are one of the easier fish to catch in my opinion, once you understand them. WAY easier than silvers and most salmon in general. At least that's my experience. It can take a while to understand what makes them tick though.
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline BigGoonTuna

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 11:14:53 PM »

I agree with this except that steelhead aren't easy. They are one of the easier fish to catch in my opinion, once you understand them. WAY easier than silvers and most salmon in general. At least that's my experience. It can take a while to understand what makes them tick though.
that, and there just aren't that many of them.  i treat them like big game hunting...95% of being successful is figuring out where they are.  getting one to bite is usually a matter of putting something in front of their face.
you can still get gas in heaven, and a drink in kingdom come,
in the meantime, i'll be cleaning my gun

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 07:55:39 AM »

that, and there just aren't that many of them.  i treat them like big game hunting...95% of being successful is figuring out where they are.  getting one to bite is usually a matter of putting something in front of their face.

That's pretty much it. Covering water and finding the biters. Steelhead are notoriously curious, especially summer fish.

Offline kisfish

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: nra
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 09:27:47 AM »
Not to thread Jack but how do you like your lami?

Offline cavemann

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2018, 09:31:30 AM »
nice fish and great pics..

Offline 762Armo

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2018, 11:03:59 AM »

That's pretty much it. Covering water and finding the biters. Steelhead are notoriously curious, especially summer fish.

Well, that is the hard part, finding the biters. I have yet to get a steelhead, but I've seen them swimming around, in n' out from their holes, but they were not biting anything I've thrown at them.
Maybe, it will get easier one day. lol

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2018, 01:42:40 PM »

Well, that is the hard part, finding the biters. I have yet to get a steelhead, but I've seen them swimming around, in n' out from their holes, but they were not biting anything I've thrown at them.
Maybe, it will get easier one day. lol

If you can see them, chances are they aren't biting. Not always true, but generally. Fish that water that is just deep enough that you can't tell whats going on down there. That's where they live.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal