collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New Sitka Waders  (Read 6061 times)

Offline Bucks2Ducks

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Re: New Sitka Waders
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 03:40:08 PM »
Everyone is like wow on the price.  Duck and goose hunting is big money.  When you go back east, most of these club guys are paying $5k - $15k a season to hunt these upscale clubs.  They have money.  A comfortable wader with a lifetime warranty isn't a bad deal.  I usually go through 2-3 pairs of the breathable ones a season.  Unfortunately the pro-staff guys don't get the deal on them this year.  If you work at a store that sales them, you probably will have a pair purchased.  They can't make them fast enough unfortunately.

I will purchase the zipper ones next season.
I realize your in the blind a lot, but 2-3 pairs a season?? My rogers breathable's were $180 and I got 2 full seasons out of them (same can be said for the guys I hunt with). And the warranty I saw on the sitka waders was "repair at reasonable cost, from normal wear and tear." Not trying to knock the company as I have some products I love and got for a reasonable price. I just cant justify the waders. But hey people still spend $500+ on a Yeti cooler when  they could of got a different branded roto molded cooler for half the price that is just as good :twocents:.
When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters and we want our freedom-Sitting Bull

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 03:44:44 PM »
I have a $250 pair of shoes that I only olympic lift in, so I'm not knocking getting good stuff you like.

I hunt 20-30 times a season for duck plus whatever fishing and clamming.  I get 3 seasons warm and dry from a sale $100 pair of waders.  I do a ton of hiking all to publicly accessible spots.

You don't need those things to kill ducks, but I bet they are nice to wear.  It's kind of like my new shotgun, I don't really kill any more birds than with the 870, I just go through more shells and have more fun.

Offline JBG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2018, 09:42:43 PM »
I cant wait to get these.  I had a pair of the breathable cabelas waders for years.  Then in the last 3 years I've gone through about 4 pairs, 3 cabelas (one which leaked out of the box) and the other were the $300 LL Bean waders.  I like the fact that these are made in USA instead of the crap made in CHINA.  I think waaaaaayyy to much of our gear is made overseas taking away jobs from Americans.  I have a pair of SIMMS that i bought for $400 right when I graduated from college.  15 years later they still work great.  I cant wait. 

Offline EWUeagles

• Scout
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 07:43:08 AM »
Everyone is like wow on the price.  Duck and goose hunting is big money.  When you go back east, most of these club guys are paying $5k - $15k a season to hunt these upscale clubs.  They have money.  A comfortable wader with a lifetime warranty isn't a bad deal.  I usually go through 2-3 pairs of the breathable ones a season.  Unfortunately the pro-staff guys don't get the deal on them this year.  If you work at a store that sales them, you probably will have a pair purchased.  They can't make them fast enough unfortunately.

I will purchase the zipper ones next season.

Not a lifetime warranty. It is a lifetime if they determine it was a manufacturer defect. If you go through 2-3 pair of waders a season I can assume it's not from manufacturer defect and you probably poke holes in them from tree branches. My understanding is that would not be covered under the warranty. You would have the option to send them back to repair them at your cost.

That being said Simms have been making 900 dollar waders for years and are in hot demand. I'm sure the waders will be very good waders and it's nice to see more with zippers in the front. It will be nice to read reviews of these in 5-10 years to see how they held up.

Offline couesbitten

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2018, 09:30:40 AM »
I'm thinking that waders from USIA will be my next pair.

http://www.shopusia.com/waders/
With the catching ends the pleasure of the chase. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2018, 09:43:31 AM »
Seeing that those USIA's are custom built, they seem like a great deal.
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline HaydenHunter

• Hunter
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2018, 01:06:38 PM »
https://gearjunkie.com/patagonia-danner-wading-boot 

Move over Sitka and your expensive waders.  Here is a set of $550 wading boots!

Offline Johnny Doe

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2018, 01:40:10 PM »

The owner/operator is on the Ifish forum all the time.  Seems like a great company to deal with, unfortunately un-insulated and non-neoprene means Brrrrrrrr  :yike:
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again!

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2018, 06:48:57 PM »

The owner/operator is on the Ifish forum all the time.  Seems like a great company to deal with, unfortunately un-insulated and non-neoprene means Brrrrrrrr  :yike:

Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode!   Lmao!
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2018, 07:56:16 PM »

I own a USIA drysuit and am never cold.  They are designed to wear insulation separate and then you can adjust as the temperatures change.  That said, I wouldn't ever plan to use that same material for something I am putting miles in.

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2018, 09:38:18 PM »
Been wearing breathables for years and will never go back to neoprene. Layering underneath for the conditions is so much more comfortable than big bulky heavy sweaty neoprene.
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2018, 01:31:42 PM »
Been wearing breathables for years and will never go back to neoprene. Layering underneath for the conditions is so much more comfortable than big bulky heavy sweaty neoprene.

Scooped up my first pair of breathable waders last year as well. So nice to hike in and mine have a zip out liner so early season scouting and hunts I take it out and late season I just layer. The only thing I miss about neoprene is that it keeps you warmer when you are standing in water for an extended time. Other than that, breathable all the way
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Today at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Today at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Today at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Today at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter