collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Outlawing electrical mountain bikes in Washington?  (Read 21782 times)

Offline kentrek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Outlawing electrical mountain bikes in Washington?
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2018, 10:55:34 PM »
The reality is a certain group of people saw an easy route and jumped at it.....invested the money because they saw a way around the hard work involved In reaching these nonmoterized areas.... and now the laws are catching up with the technology and sure enough your gona have to go back to busting your tail...as it should be...stop trying to justifying your laziness...your only cheating yourself

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2018, 11:13:31 PM »
Story time !
I just got permission to hunt some private land .Land owner tells me that he has had so many problems keeping atv,and trespassers out , that don't be surprised to run into other people on his land.All his roads are gated locked and posted no hunting no tresspassing.So I asked him how many people have permission ,he says I'm the second person that has ever came to get permission.Then he asked me about a few landmarks and spots that where inside the gates ,i said I don't know cause I came to get permission first .He said go on in and hunt ,gave me permission,maps of the 600 acres.

Long story short,a little respect for someone property can go a long way.

Very outdated ethics on your part.

I read earlier that you're supposed to scoff at laws you don't like.
Some laws are better than others. :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
Not sure which laws you may think I have broken .But I don't think you know me personally.My ethics are better than most.

Apparently my sarcasm was too subtle.

I actually agree with you.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline scoutdog346

• Longhunter
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2018, 11:32:35 PM »
Ethics are what you do when no one is looking A.L. 
Story time !
I just got permission to hunt some private land .Land owner tells me that he has had so many problems keeping atv,and trespassers out , that don't be surprised to run into other people on his land.All his roads are gated locked and posted no hunting no tresspassing.So I asked him how many people have permission ,he says I'm the second person that has ever came to get permission.Then he asked me about a few landmarks and spots that where inside the gates ,i said I don't know cause I came to get permission first .He said go on in and hunt ,gave me permission,maps of the 600 acres.

Long story short,a little respect for someone property can go a long way.

Very outdated ethics on your part.

I read earlier that you're supposed to scoff at laws you don't like.
Some laws are better than others. :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
Not sure which laws you may think I have broken .But I don't think you know me personally.My ethics are better than most.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2018, 05:54:28 AM »
So if it's about not having to work as hard as the guy who walks in I guess that means riding a horse should also be banned?

Horses aren't motorized. Pretty simple concept.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline crazywednesday

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2018, 08:00:23 AM »
The reality is a certain group of people saw an easy route and jumped at it.....invested the money because they saw a way around the hard work involved In reaching these nonmoterized areas.... and now the laws are catching up with the technology and sure enough your gona have to go back to busting your tail...as it should be...stop trying to justifying your laziness...your only cheating yourself

Fake news. Reasons for nonmotorized has nothing to do with difficulty of hunt otherwise horses would be banned.
Justin

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2018, 08:15:08 AM »

Oooh, a mind reader. That's awesome. I wish I could determine someone's motivations just by reading their internet posts.  :tup:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline kentrek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2018, 01:04:53 PM »

Oooh, a mind reader. That's awesome. I wish I could determine someone's motivations just by reading their internet posts.  :tup:

Hey I'm usually almost perfect half the time I read minds....

Am I missing something tho ? I'm not talking about anybody in particular on this thread but just a broad view of most everyone who jumped at the idea of electric bikes for hunting in non motorized areas....what else could there motives be ??

Offline kentrek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2018, 01:06:05 PM »

Fake news. Reasons for nonmotorized has nothing to do with difficulty of hunt otherwise horses would be banned.

Lol you may be the only person I know who says horses arnt hard work

Offline scoutdog346

• Longhunter
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2018, 01:54:53 PM »
 hyperbole: let's just use longbows or spears instead of modern firearm Muzzleloader or compound bows. Hyperbole: im not a real hunter unless i do it the the real way.  The real way is to start walking barefoot in the woods or naked and make your own spear using nothing but rocks and dont drive there walk from your house...ect.
If it is illegal then it is not a good thing and it should not be done but if it is legal fully take advantage of it until the Law changes. that is what governs how i hunt and remember ethics are what we do when no one's looking nothing is worse than people pretending that they have better ethics then they really do I'm not saying that you're doing that im just sing I think there's a lot of people that post here and pretend that they have better ethics than they really do.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2018, 02:34:33 PM »

Hey I'm usually almost perfect half the time I read minds....

Am I missing something tho ? I'm not talking about anybody in particular on this thread but just a broad view of most everyone who jumped at the idea of electric bikes for hunting in non motorized areas....what else could there motives be ??

Who knows and why does it matter? Maybe they're disabled and they'd like the same opportunity at a big bull as you. Maybe they want to get to a spot 5 miles up the road and then hike in 5 miles from there. But the broader point is that it doesn't matter what their motivation is. What matters is the legality of what they're doing and the support they get from the rest of the hunting community to hunt in a legal and ethical manner any way they want.

Offline kentrek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2018, 04:05:58 PM »
There motives behind why they want to take a motorized bike into a nonmoterized area would polly dictate if the hunting community or more importantly the general voting public supports them....

I dont see any motives besides laziness....and I cant get behind that...I'm sorry  :dunno:

If they're disable then I'd hate to find out what happens when that heavey man made motorized bike  fails on them and they can't get out on there own power...pretty sure the courts already ruled on that one

Offline Elkcollector82

• Work to live, not live to work.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Hunt hard by laying boot tracks, Not tire tracks
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2018, 04:30:41 PM »
There motives behind why they want to take a motorized bike into a nonmoterized area would polly dictate if the hunting community or more importantly the general voting public supports them....

I dont see any motives besides laziness....and I cant get behind that...I'm sorry  :dunno:

If they're disable then I'd hate to find out what happens when that heavey man made motorized bike  fails on them and they can't get out on there own power...pretty sure the courts already ruled on that one

What happens to you when your not so lazy hunting tactics leave you stranded in backcountry or behind a lock gate. How you gonna get out on your own. Your answer is probably the same answer they would give. Just cause someone is handicapped doesn’t mean they live their life with limits. You might wanna keep your shallow minded thoughts to yourself.

Offline Blacktail Sniper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Kill'em all...let the gravy sort'em out!!!
  • Groups: blacktail sniper
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2018, 06:51:48 PM »
Gotta love how hunters will scream and yell about the anti's attacks, then turn and try and eat their own if it is something they don't understand or agree with, yet legal...

:bash:
It is better to be consistently incorrect than inconsistently correct...

Sarcasm: The ability to insult stupid people without them realizing it. 

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity...

Sarcasm makes smart people laugh and stupid people mad.

Offline Bullkllr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2018, 06:56:46 PM »
Gotta love how hunters will scream and yell about the anti's attacks, then turn and try and eat their own if it is something they don't understand or agree with, yet legal...

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't have a problem where it's legal. It's just that most every management agency and major landowner has rules against it- and many are still trying to justify electric motors as fine. Where they're legal, (and I know of nowhere that's not open to other motor vehicles) go motor away.
"Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless"

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2018, 07:16:38 PM »

I don't think anyone is arguing against them where they are legal.

The argument is about using them where they are illegal, and some guys saying mind your own business.   If I walk in because it's the legal way, and someone electric bikes in illegally, I'm not OK with that.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

World Record Archery Blacktail by pd
[Today at 07:31:15 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by trophyhunt
[Today at 07:20:21 PM]

Hunting Dog Memorial by Henrydog
[Today at 07:06:30 PM]

Pairs by nwwanderer
[Today at 07:02:59 PM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 06:50:06 PM]