collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Outlawing electrical mountain bikes in Washington?  (Read 21900 times)

Offline Bullkllr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Outlawing electrical mountain bikes in Washington?
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2018, 09:45:01 AM »
I talked with Hancock rep and they don't allow them.
Neither do Weyco, Campbell, DNR, USFS, and those are just the ones I have personally checked on.

Guess that doesn't stop some people.

Again, cool idea if the area you are in allows them; I just don't know of many that do.
"Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless"

Offline WildlifeAssassin

• Past Sponsor
  • Scout
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2018, 10:45:22 AM »
Quietkat is having a giveaway for a 750w electric bike right now. You can enter here:

https://wn.nr/h2JQXX

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2018, 11:48:48 AM »
Theres a resurgence to get mountain bikes allowed in the Wilderness areas again
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline scoutdog346

• Longhunter
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2018, 05:31:39 AM »
Sorry i started such a *censored*tt srorm but it's arguments like these that gets tough fixed and better remember I said  Im getting one just cuz i just had ankle surgery a few days ago and need something to compensate and if it is illegal I will not use it I will speak to the first Authority member I  see patrolling that actual area and see what he or she says
Thinking about investing in an electric mountain bike. Having surgery on my left ankle and I'm not going to be able to walk as far as I used to ever again and need something to compensate a little bit what do you guys think is the likelihood of them outlawing electric mountain bikes behind gated roads in western Washington walk-in only areas in the years to come? ( my injury will not pass the permanent disability wdfw)

Offline floatinghat

• Longhunter
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2018, 11:25:31 AM »
I am happy the timber co aren't allowing them anymore.  We have a place we mountain bike back to about 5-7 miles deep it only has a couple of sharp inclines until you get toward the end. We leave the gate about 3;30-4am to get to where we start out hunting.  The last two seasons we have been passed by guys on ebikes.  They have been friendly and have said, they are ok due to being "pedal assist".

Offline dmoua

• Longhunter
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2018, 03:07:18 PM »
Sure glad I don't hunt the wetside!!!  Jesus, the me me me world is running rampant..

It's the same on the east side.
Instagram @dmoua_outdoors

Youtube channel DMOUA OUTDOORS
https://www.youtube.com/user/YeXuSsOlDiEr

Offline gaddy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2018, 06:48:04 PM »
scoutdog346, I hear you. Over my life I have had both knees operated on, after years of work, my feet aren't as good as they used to be. There are places I used to hunt that have been gated or reclaimed. Miles and miles of area I used to roam that have been basically shut off from me, there is no way I could hike in there anymore. If it were legal I would also seek out a way to get in there. For those younger folks, and those that have not suffered an injury yet in your life causing some limited mobility--I hope in the future you are not the ones lobbing for extended range 4x4 electric golf carts.
 I understand both sides here, and motorized means motorized, end of story. Just don't hate on a guy for trying to find access to the same areas as you If possible with in legal limits.

Offline Elkcollector82

• Work to live, not live to work.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Hunt hard by laying boot tracks, Not tire tracks
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2018, 06:56:00 PM »
scoutdog346, I hear you. Over my life I have had both knees operated on, after years of work, my feet aren't as good as they used to be. There are places I used to hunt that have been gated or reclaimed. Miles and miles of area I used to roam that have been basically shut off from me, there is no way I could hike in there anymore. If it were legal I would also seek out a way to get in there. For those younger folks, and those that have not suffered an injury yet in your life causing some limited mobility--I hope in the future you are not the ones lobbing for extended range 4x4 electric golf carts.
 I understand both sides here, and motorized means motorized, end of story. Just don't hate on a guy for trying to find access to the same areas as you If possible with in legal limits.

If it’s legal and someone passed me on one. I’d be  jealous/frustrated. Jealous cause he has one and I don’t. Frustrated cause it just means I gotta leave from the gate a lot earlier to beat the person back there.

Offline 3dvapor

• Longhunter
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2018, 07:54:59 PM »
Its here embrass it or be left standing at the gate.  Thats where my buddies will leave me this year.  Three of them bought in.  lol

Offline Pegasus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2018, 08:37:56 PM »

Maybe you should petition the WDFW to issue special permits for the disabled to ride pedal-assisted bikes anywhere you want to hunt.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2018, 08:48:30 PM »
I don't think a lot of people understand why the hunting is so much better behind the gate.Maybe it's because motorized vehicles are not allowed.Always a few that have to hurt it for the rest of us.

Before you know someone on a motorized bike will get hit by a log truck or something ,wreck there bike with injuries and blame road conditions, just anything.Then nobody will be allowed behind the gate ,it's only a matter of time ,it's a liability. :twocents:
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2018, 09:38:43 PM »
I don't think a lot of people understand why the hunting is so much better behind the gate.Maybe it's because motorized vehicles are not allowed.Always a few that have to hurt it for the rest of us.

Before you know someone on a motorized bike will get hit by a log truck or something ,wreck there bike with injuries and blame road conditions, just anything.Then nobody will be allowed behind the gate ,it's only a matter of time ,it's a liability. :twocents:

While I'm not in support of using electric bikes in areas that are closed to motorized vehicles,  I think you're being a little ignorant with your point. That thought process could be used for locking out any bike, game cart or simply a hiker because someone could hurt themselves behind locked gates.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2018, 08:15:36 AM »

While I'm not in support of using electric bikes in areas that are closed to motorized vehicles,  I think you're being a little ignorant with your point. That thought process could be used for locking out any bike, game cart or simply a hiker because someone could hurt themselves behind locked gates.

Weyerhauser did it in North Puget Sound last year because of a near collision between a logging truck and a hunter. What would stop DNR from doing it?
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline Pegasus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2018, 08:53:01 AM »
If i walk in a spot that says no motorized vehicles n u go blowing bye on a e bike...theres no telling what I'd do, lol I am unstable af...just follow the rules n there shouldn't b a problem....level playing field

Hopefully you are not allowed to own or carry a firearm...

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2018, 09:02:28 AM »

I think your injury rate is 20× more likely of getting hurt, or in a collision with authorized vehicles,than if your walking ,hiking, or horseback riding.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]