collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Just moved to the Marysville area  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Dtray332

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Just moved to the Marysville area
« on: June 19, 2018, 07:54:37 AM »
Just wanted to reintroduce myself. I posted here back in January when I was supposed to move to Bellingham, but ended up in the Marysville area instead. Now that I am pretty much all settled in, I have started my homework for Elk archery this year. Seems that the better elk hunting is in the south from what I have read. Been looking at the area around Mt. St. Helens and a few areas on the Olympic Peninsula. Anyone on here looking for a back country elk archery partner? About myself. I am 51 years old and retired from the military back in 2006. Moved up here from Florida last month. I do have back country experience and big game hunting experience. I've mainly hunted in Colorado, Tennessee and a few trips in Africa when I was deployed over there. As far as the last 8 and a half years, I have been hunting under the water. Spent time spearfishing as well as an annual trip by boat from Florida to the Bahamas and fished for tuna, mahi and wahoo. Not sure how the cold water of the PNW is going to work for me, but willing to grab a dry suit and give it a go. However I do plan to fish up here.

Looking forward to exploring this new area,
Dave
It's only trouble if you get caught. Otherwise it is an adventure.

Offline Bucks2Ducks

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Re: Just moved to the Marysville area
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 08:02:58 AM »
Welcome to the state. The nice thing about Marysville is your to not far from bombing over the pass and hunting the E side of the state. If your looking for a backcountry experience for elk it will be easier to find over there. Good luck this season!
When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters and we want our freedom-Sitting Bull

Offline Dtray332

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 08:22:06 AM »
Thanks
It seems like the east side of the state does have great terrain for back country, but from what I have read in the harvest reports, there are better elk numbers in the south mid to west areas. Am I reading something wrong?
It's only trouble if you get caught. Otherwise it is an adventure.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 08:36:50 AM »
You are close to the best archery club in the state... (I'm a little biased) if you haven't already check out Silver Arrow Bowmen in Mount Vernon. It's only about 1 mile off exit 224. Lots of good up and down hill practice with a 50 target walk through course, covered flat range and indoor 20 yard range.
We are on face book, I have a dedicated thread in "Events Organizations & Charities" section... membership is CHEAP! 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 09:34:21 AM »
You are close to the best archery club in the state... (I'm a little biased) if you haven't already check out Silver Arrow Bowmen in Mount Vernon. It's only about 1 mile off exit 224. Lots of good up and down hill practice with a 50 target walk through course, covered flat range and indoor 20 yard range.
We are on face book, I have a dedicated thread in "Events Organizations & Charities" section... membership is CHEAP! 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

:yeah:  $3 to shoot all day or annual membership, I usually get up there 1-2 times a week and shoot the 50 target course.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal