collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: IT'S ON WDFW!!!!!! NO CONFIRMATION EMAIL!!!!!! REDRAW!!!!  (Read 12665 times)

Offline Jimmer

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Re: IT'S ON WDFW!!!!!! NO CONFIRMATION EMAIL!!!!!! REDRAW!!!!
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2018, 08:36:28 PM »
I drew 5 of 8 categories.. hope it’s right.

Offline JWEBB

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Waiting for October
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2018, 09:32:38 PM »

Pretty positive your the luckiest person in WA
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome

Offline Mfowl

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2018, 09:56:08 PM »

Pretty positive your the luckiest person in WA

Do tell...
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline buglebrush

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2018, 10:53:18 PM »
I got no emails, and no permits...

Offline JWEBB

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Waiting for October
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2018, 11:14:03 PM »
I got no emails, and no permits...

Doesn’t matter to me because I have no faith in our broken system but I only got 1 email out of 8 draws I put in for
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome

Offline fishngamereaper

• Old Salt
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2018, 02:10:28 AM »
I don't think a re draw is reasonable. That would extend this mess out till August. I only got a couple emails, and didn't get one for the tag i drew. Also didn't get emails for all the oils, which I didn't draw with 21 points. But  im assuming my name was in the hat and not drawing was more about poor odds than no email.

If someone can prove their name wasn't in the hat I would say ask for a few extra bonus points and move on. A full re draw is kind of selfish.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:26:07 AM by fishngamereaper »

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2018, 05:23:43 AM »
If I didn't draw the tag I wanted I would insist on a redraw!! :chuckle:
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Falcon

• Sourdough
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2018, 06:16:50 AM »
That email means absolutely nothing.

:yeah:

I’m pretty sure this post was meant to just be funny.  The dude can’t be seriuos :yike:
Cast all your anxiety upon him, for he cares for you.    1 Peter 5:7

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, ATA Gold-Card Life Member
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2018, 08:07:07 AM »
I don't think a re draw is reasonable. That would extend this mess out till August. I only got a couple emails, and didn't get one for the tag i drew. Also didn't get emails for all the oils, which I didn't draw with 21 points. But  im assuming my name was in the hat and not drawing was more about poor odds than no email.

If someone can prove their name wasn't in the hat I would say ask for a few extra bonus points and move on. A full re draw is kind of selfish.

Honestly man, I don't think a redraw would be fair either. The title and my comment "I SHALL DEMAND A REDRAW!!!!!" :chuckle: :chuckle: was in reference to the spring bear draw of 2017 when WDFW decided to redraw the ENTIRE STATE because THREE hunters got accidentally left out through not submitting their applications right or some goofy reason like that. Some friends of mine actually SAW that they were awarded tags on the stupid computer site, only to have them DISAPPEAR minutes later. WDFW said it was "the only fair thing to do..."  It just gets worse and worse every year!  :bash:

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2018, 08:13:18 AM »
I was at that bear drawing, they missed something and posted the results, minutes later they realized something was wrong and pulled the results.  I personally thought those 3 guys should have been left out because of their mistake, but the people that do the draw didn't want any mistakes, they want it to be perfect every time and try hard to see that happen.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline throttlejocky20

• Sourdough
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2018, 09:12:57 AM »
Never got an email but got a tag
Remember that buck is climbing that Mt. every day!

Offline Blacktail Sniper

• Old Salt
  • Kill'em all...let the gravy sort'em out!!!
  • Groups: blacktail sniper
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2018, 09:33:53 AM »

Honestly man, I don't think a redraw would be fair either. The title and my comment "I SHALL DEMAND A REDRAW!!!!!" :chuckle: :chuckle: was in reference to the spring bear draw of 2017 when WDFW decided to redraw the ENTIRE STATE because THREE hunters got accidentally left out through not submitting their applications right or some goofy reason like that. Some friends of mine actually SAW that they were awarded tags on the stupid computer site, only to have them DISAPPEAR minutes later. WDFW said it was "the only fair thing to do..."  It just gets worse and worse every year!  :bash:

I am curious how that was an accident if the applicants did not do their submissions correctly?  It kinda sounds like a case of everyone should get a trophy just because they showed-up, no matter what they did or didn't contribute. 

Sorry if I am missing something...
It is better to be consistently incorrect than inconsistently correct...

Sarcasm: The ability to insult stupid people without them realizing it. 

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity...

Sarcasm makes smart people laugh and stupid people mad.

Offline BigBerthaB

• Pilgrim
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2018, 10:10:00 AM »
I agree the email for every category was ridiculous. But from what I read and understood was they where to publish and send out an email for every category starting early 6/21 then when every category was ran they would open back up the links for "special hunts" and "points". Some people misunderstood and thought results would be first thing on the 21st. I think the public causes more of a fiasco then wdfw. Don't get me wrong they laid it out quite stupidly but as far as I could see they did excalty what they said they would. As far as receiving or not receiving a conformation didn't mean anything as you had an option to opt in or not to receive an email. My family and I applied for 20 different categories and only received conformation emails on 7 but we won tags from the other categories.

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, ATA Gold-Card Life Member
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2018, 10:30:08 AM »

I am curious how that was an accident if the applicants did not do their submissions correctly?  It kinda sounds like a case of everyone should get a trophy just because they showed-up, no matter what they did or didn't contribute. 

Sorry if I am missing something...

I was just wording it the way it was reported by WDFW at the time; should have put "accident" in quotations. Don't shoot the messenger! Personally I'm a "go big or go home" kinda guy if you haven't figured that out by now  8).  In my humble opinion if those dudes screwed-up and didn't submit their applications properly, then it's their problem and it shouldn't have resulted in a redraw. This punished everyone else in the entire state that saw that they had tags only to get them ripped away minutes later.... These guys should have been left out of it for their own stupidity or at best given ghost points.

Again just trying to point out all the faulty logic by WDFW in response to a completely worthless computer system. Lockdowns, shutdowns, overloads, disabled features,  redraws over 3 idiots ("accidents happen and we gotta be fair to EVERYONE"  :chuckle: :chuckle:), disclaimer notices, random inappropriate emails and overall seriously bad timing.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:46:26 AM by Calvin Rayborn »

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2018, 10:32:00 AM »
I have never received all the emails for every category I’ve applied for EVER

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]