collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: IT'S ON WDFW!!!!!! NO CONFIRMATION EMAIL!!!!!! REDRAW!!!!  (Read 12676 times)

Offline JWEBB

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Waiting for October
Re: IT'S ON WDFW!!!!!! NO CONFIRMATION EMAIL!!!!!! REDRAW!!!!
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2018, 10:50:36 AM »
I agree the email for every category was ridiculous. But from what I read and understood was they where to publish and send out an email for every category starting early 6/21 then when every category was ran they would open back up the links for "special hunts" and "points". Some people misunderstood and thought results would be first thing on the 21st. I think the public causes more of a fiasco then wdfw. Don't get me wrong they laid it out quite stupidly but as far as I could see they did excalty what they said they would. As far as receiving or not receiving a conformation didn't mean anything as you had an option to opt in or not to receive an email. My family and I applied for 20 different categories and only received conformation emails on 7 but we won tags from the other categories.

I have to disagree. This is all on wdfw. Their system is so flawed that they create this “fiasco” all on their own. It’s honestly a joke how they run the draw. For how much money we give them the system should be far better. By the way, welcome to the forum!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 11:11:47 AM by JWEBB »
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome

Offline yakimanoob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2018, 11:31:57 AM »
Doesn't matter if you got an email or not. The results are still valid. When you apply you have to select whether you want an email notification or not. Maybe you didn't check the box.

Or maybe you dont know wth your talking about, quit bashing people like you own the wdfw.  Unreal that you are a mod.   Just cause people wanna complain don't make you judge and jury you.

Bahahaha. 

You're making me feel good about my choice of school.  War Eagle! 

Offline BigBerthaB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2018, 12:14:19 PM »
I agree the email for every category was ridiculous. But from what I read and understood was they where to publish and send out an email for every category starting early 6/21 then when every category was ran they would open back up the links for "special hunts" and "points". Some people misunderstood and thought results would be first thing on the 21st. I think the public causes more of a fiasco then wdfw. Don't get me wrong they laid it out quite stupidly but as far as I could see they did excalty what they said they would. As far as receiving or not receiving a conformation didn't mean anything as you had an option to opt in or not to receive an email. My family and I applied for 20 different categories and only received conformation emails on 7 but we won tags from the other categories.

I have to disagree. This is all on wdfw. Their system is so flawed that they create this “fiasco” all on their own. It’s honestly a joke how they run the draw. For how much money we give them the system should be far better. By the way, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcoming. I agree with what your saying. There's just alot of people out there who think just because they didn't get drawn it's rigged and faulty. There's been times I haven't been drawn for three years but there's been times I won the same cow tag three years in a row. I don't usually win as I apply for mostly trophy hunts or what I feel are trophy hunts. People need to do the math you most likely will never see a big horn tag even with 20 points. Some of these quality hunts or once in a life time hunts take years and years to get and you may never get them or you might get lucky and win your first year. Last year my whole group about ten of us didn't win a single draw the year before seemed like we all won two or three. It really is just luck. The crappy thing is win you win your quality and you bull hunt and lose point in one of them. Thanks again for the welcoming I been on here for years just reading should of registered along time ago

Offline SteelheadTed

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2018, 01:09:16 PM »
Just emailed the director and licensing division. Absolutely NO email sent to me that drawing was in process or complete or whatever everyone else got. Submitted well before deadline. If I was left out I shall demand a REDRAW!!!!!

Based on what facts?  That you *feel* it's wrong?  You really need some facts before you can insist there was something wrong with the draw.  A lack of emails is not proof of a bad draw.  It only proves one of two things, you didn't select to get the emails or the email system didn't send them all out. 
I know I've lost it, let me know if you come across it

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, ATA Gold-Card Life Member
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2018, 01:53:03 PM »
Just emailed the director and licensing division. Absolutely NO email sent to me that drawing was in process or complete or whatever everyone else got. Submitted well before deadline. If I was left out I shall demand a REDRAW!!!!!

Based on what facts?  That you *feel* it's wrong?  You really need some facts before you can insist there was something wrong with the draw.  A lack of emails is not proof of a bad draw.  It only proves one of two things, you didn't select to get the emails or the email system didn't send them all out.

Keep reading, my friend - we've already hashed this out...

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Sourdough
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2018, 01:55:29 PM »

Responded to Idahohunter yesterday:

I have absolutely no proof at all and no way to find out proper, and that is a big part of the problem my friend.  The system is absolute crap. Shutouts, lockdowns, no access, disabled features, random emails... The list goes on and on and on. It was supposed to be done and done and done by early this morning from what I had read in the “disclaimer notice” that automatically popped up on the site. Shouldn’t even need a goofy notice like that; obviously posted because they know how screwed up their system is in the  first place and are trying to cover their behinds!

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Sourdough
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2018, 06:59:07 PM »
UPDATE:

Official response from "WILDTHING.dfw" :chuckle:

I WAS entered into the drawing and I WAS NOT selected. They asked me to check and make sure (like others did on the forum as well) that my account was set to receive email responses. It was selected prior to the draw and I did check my junk/spam folders...again I won't hash out the obvious any further.... :tdown:

Offline jay.sharkbait

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2018, 07:07:36 PM »
UPDATE:

I WAS entered into the drawing and I WAS NOT selected. They asked me to check and make sure (like others did on the forum as well) that my account was set to receive email responses. It was selected prior to the draw and I did check my junk/spam folders...again I won't hash out the obvious any further.... :tdown:

We are out to get you.....

Offline JoeE

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2018, 07:48:20 PM »
So.... no redraw then??

Offline SteelheadTed

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2018, 08:44:36 PM »

I have absolutely no proof at all and no way to find out proper, and that is a big part of the problem my friend.  The system is absolute crap. Shutouts, lockdowns, no access, disabled features, random emails... The list goes on and on and on. It was supposed to be done and done and done by early this morning from what I had read in the “disclaimer notice” that automatically popped up on the site. Shouldn’t even need a goofy notice like that; obviously posted because they know how screwed up their system is in the  first place and are trying to cover their behinds!

But poor communication is likely just that, poor communication.
I know I've lost it, let me know if you come across it

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Sourdough
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2018, 09:40:59 PM »
UPDATE:

Hah!

LOVE YOU MAAAANN!!!   :chuckle:

Offline JWEBB

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Waiting for October
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2018, 09:45:16 PM »
UPDATE:

You must be working for the wdfw?  :chuckle:
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Sourdough
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2018, 09:48:03 PM »
UPDATE:

You must be working for the wdfw?  :chuckle:

:yeah:  :chuckle: I’m shaking in my boots...threats to other members are not tolerated on the forum!  :chuckle:

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Sourdough
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2018, 10:05:21 PM »

But poor communication is likely just that, poor communication.

And what part of the communication was poor to you again? If you’re talking about the redraw request well why not if dfw has done it in the past for an “accidental” incomplete special application, then why not for an unreceived email?...”it’s the only fair thing to do...”  ;)

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Sourdough
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2018, 10:14:09 PM »
So.... no redraw then??

I’ll be redrawing the Kodiac Magnum till the cows come home!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal