collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: ENTIAT!!!  (Read 35645 times)

Offline elkrack

• Framer
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
Re: ENTIAT!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2018, 10:54:20 PM »
Biggest non typical I’ve ever seen near the mud creek road! Hunt hard and you’ll do good!
life's tough its tougher if your stupid (john wayne)

If you ain’t first your last☝🏻

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2018, 10:11:18 AM »
Be prepared to be disappointed. I would love the tag but there is so much pressure early season. I bow hunt it hard and will say that it holds small resident bucks. Pray for something crawling out of the nearly stuff.

Much different come late season if there is snow and the migration is on.  :twocents:
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline johnnyaustin44

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2018, 12:39:29 PM »
Lots of people have been saying the quality is down up there which I’m sure it is. Just need to be realistic on expectations and soak it in you get the chance to hunt muleys in the rut. And there’s always a chance of seeing a giant deer but it’s definitely not loaded down with monsters anymore.

Offline muleracks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2018, 12:53:20 PM »
The hunt really depend on snow conditions; hunt the upper end if little snow and the Potato/Mud/Crum and the Columbia River breaks if winter snow arrives early.  Remember the rut is on; if you see does you will find the mature buck.  4x4 and chains will be useful but probably not necessary.
Have fun and don't shoot until you see the one you want.

Offline The100Road

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
    • https://m.facebook.com/Rowdengamecalls/
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2018, 08:37:28 PM »
Pray for snow.

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2018, 10:11:29 PM »
Can you ride four wheelers on any of the FS roads in that area?  Just thinking if conditions are poor/unsafe - can a guy use an atv? 
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline muleracks

• Scout
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2018, 07:04:29 AM »
Usually the roads are open for licensed vehicles but seasonal closures occur. 
The Entiat Ranger District phone is 509-784-4700 (call before going).

Offline gasman

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2018, 04:03:13 PM »
Can you ride four wheelers on any of the FS roads in that area?  Just thinking if conditions are poor/unsafe - can a guy use an atv?

No, as of last time I inquired about the same thing, the FS does not recognize played OHV's. They a re e only allowed on roads posted for "Dual Use" from the management plan,  and the management plan is not in effect.
Gasman

It's 5 O'clock somewhere.......

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2018, 08:48:18 PM »

No, as of last time I inquired about the same thing, the FS does not recognize played OHV's. They a re e only allowed on roads posted for "Dual Use" from the management plan,  and the management plan is not in effect.

Isn't that statement contradictory?  :yeah:  :chuckle:

You are correct, the F.C. does not recognize plated WATV's.............what they wont tell you is, there is no law on the books that states a person cannot use them on FS roads (in this area)........There are ways for the FS to do this, but have not been accomplished by the FS yet/and or properly.   ;)

Call em up and ask them what law you will be breaking if you were to ride up there. (ie; what CFR will they be referenccing your ticket to.)  ;) ;) ;)

PS, have fun on a great hunt, GL
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline gasman

• Old Salt
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2018, 06:30:05 AM »

Isn't that statement contradictory?  :yeah:  :chuckle:

You are correct, the F.C. does not recognize plated WATV's.............what they wont tell you is, there is no law on the books that states a person cannot use them on FS roads (in this area)........There are ways for the FS to do this, but have not been accomplished by the FS yet/and or properly.   ;)

Call em up and ask them what law you will be breaking if you were to ride up there. (ie; what CFR will they be referenccing your ticket to.)  ;) ;) ;)

PS, have fun on a great hunt, GL

I agree and here is the response from the emails I sent to the FS.

I'm seeking information on OHV use on Forest Service Roads. I am looking to find out if it is legal to use a OHV, (side-by-side, quad) that has a license plate on the forest Service Roads.
I have been receiving conflict and information, as to whether it is allowed, or legal. Some say it is legal to use on for service road as long as the OHV is has a license plate. Others say it is not usable at all on Forest Service Roads unless it is Highway legal.

What is the position for the forest service?

It is currently not legal to use any OHV / ATV, even street legal or with license plate, on most Forest Service roads. There are some exceptions, mainly on the Tonasket Ranger District. See link below for a list of trails and roads that are open. But note that most may not be suitable for a side by side. Best to contact Ranger District where you want to go for drivability and condition of specific trails and roads on the list.  There is currently a travel management plan under review which may open up more roads to OHVs.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd521079.pdf

Thank you for response, I have another question.

I'm going to paraphrase when I ask this question, 

How is it that the forest service does not allow for use of a OHV that has been deamed street legal by the state of Washington?

All requirements laid out by the state of Washington to classify an OHV as street legal, and the forest service still says no, why or how?

Pete Miller 

The Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest is firmly committed to ensuring forest access for both Wheeled All-Terrain Vehicle (WATV) and other motorized vehicles. However, Washington State law and established Forest Service policy require National Forests to explicitly designate which forest roads are open to WATVs. The Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest continues to work closely with user groups through its Travel Management Planning process to determine where WATVs can be ridden, with an eye towards balancing access needs with the risk of excessive resource impacts to the forest. Working jointly with user groups and conservation organizations, the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest identified 350 miles of current National Forest System roads that could be opened to WATVs without causing unacceptable resource damage. These roads were added to the Forest's Subpart B Travel Management analysis. A final decision on the associated Motor Vehicle Use Map is expected in late 2017. If the current proposal is adopted those 350 miles of road would be open to WATVs for use in the summer of 2018.  All other system roads would be closed to WATVs.  In the meantime, the forest has 243 miles of roads designated for "dual use" where WATVs can be ridden.
Gasman

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2018, 06:59:43 AM »
Interesting.  Thanks for all the background info.  I will contact the entiat RD to see if they will have their plan/decision by this summer. 
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline gasman

• Old Salt
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2018, 07:03:07 AM »
Interesting.  Thanks for all the background info.  I will contact the entiat RD to see if they will have their plan/decision by this summer.

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

They are 10 years over due on having the travel management plan in full effect.
Gasman

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2018, 07:51:54 AM »

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

They are 10 years over due on having the travel management plan in full effect.

Exactly. But again,
 Ask them what law you would be breaking if you did so.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 09:17:01 AM by NOCK NOCK »
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline throttlejocky20

• Sourdough
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2018, 07:57:59 AM »
Be prepared to be disappointed. I would love the tag but there is so much pressure early season. I bow hunt it hard and will say that it holds small resident bucks. Pray for something crawling out of the nearly stuff.

Much different come late season if there is snow and the migration is on.  :twocents:
Im not to worried about what i will see in there between now and the end of October. Scouting will be all about learning roads and draws. As far as finding deer before my hunt the only deer i will care about will be does. I have been fortunate to help my old man on a late hunt and the deer i want are not even in the area right now.
Remember that buck is climbing that Mt. every day!

Offline throttlejocky20

• Sourdough
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2018, 12:40:28 PM »
So far i couldn't be happier with the support i have received with this hunt and its only been a few days. I plan to head over the weekend after the 4th to find a few camping spots and put my eyes on a few draws i have memorized off google maps. Im going all in, i have canceled all other hunts and all my spare time has been put into studying for this hunt. Reading story's from past hunts on every forum there is, researching mule deer rutting activity, researching mule deer migration, studying maps, and looking at pictures of good mature bucks from every angle. to say im starting to obsess is an understatement. November feels like years away.
Remember that buck is climbing that Mt. every day!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]