collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: MayView Unit 145  (Read 2848 times)

Offline Bigjon

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
MayView Unit 145
« on: July 02, 2018, 12:06:43 PM »
Does anyone have any property in this unit as I drew a special Buck Hunt tag during November during the rutt for mule or white tail deer.  Please contact time if anyone knows of any place I may be able to hunt during this time with good results.

Big Jon

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: MayView Unit 145
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 01:44:37 PM »
Probably one of the toughest SE private land units to get access in if you ask me.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline James Kyle

• Pilgrim
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 02:25:24 PM »
I would agree, better start doing some serious door knocking or hire deadman creek outfitters.

I would not show up if you don’t have permission.

Offline Fish4Fun

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 08:54:51 AM »
I would agree, better start doing some serious door knocking or hire deadman creek outfitters.

I would not show up if you don’t have permission.

Deadman Creek Outfitters, would be the best bet in the MayView Unit. They lease most of the lands over there, so even knocking on doors is tough, do to the leases. I drew the anterless tag there years ago and went with Deadman, lots of deer on their lands. We looked at 30 - 40 mule deer before we found a dry doe.

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 09:42:01 AM »
There is some feel free to hunt and sign in to hunt that holds deer. Look for that on Wdfw site or get the onx maps. It’s a great tool to have in your bag. As others have said deadman creek has a lot of ground wrapped up in leases. I think for the most part it is one farmers land. So there is plenty of other if places to try and get permission. Good whiskey and seafood might sweeten the pot. Good luck
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline Hot Lunch

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 05:35:48 PM »
There is a good size register to hunt farm off Mayview rd. There is also a couple small farms of Feel Free to Hunt.  That country gets hunted hard by the locals.  We have a private farm in 178 across the highway and I would keep your expectations low for much quality.

Offline James E

• Hunter
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 02:10:21 PM »
I muzzle for deer in that area.  Access will be a problem. As someone else pointed out, need to start knocking on doors. I have never hunted it in the rut, I wish you well. The farm that you can register to hunt does hold some nice white tail bucks. Deadman oufitters is another option. Feel free to PM me.

James

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 05:38:09 PM »
There is a good size register to hunt farm off Mayview rd. There is also a couple small farms of Feel Free to Hunt.  That country gets hunted hard by the locals.  We have a private farm in 178 across the highway and I would keep your expectations low for much quality.
i disagree. Went on this hunt four years ago with a buddy who had the tag. Saw one of the best whitetail bucks I’ve ever seen. Unfortunetly he was smarter than us. It’s a short short hunt time line wise. I would hold out as long as possible. You can always shoot the typical 3 point muley the last day.
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline bugs n bones

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: WSTA, NRA, SCI
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 06:13:34 PM »
Probably one of the toughest SE private land units to get access in if you ask me.
I grew up hunting there, extremely hard to gain accessibility especially now days

Offline Hot Lunch

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 09:28:38 PM »
I didn't consider the OP would be looking to hunt whitetails. yes, there is decent white tails in the Mayview unit.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal