collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: RAD White & Blue SALE  (Read 10300 times)

Offline RadSav

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
RAD White & Blue SALE
« on: July 04, 2018, 03:02:19 AM »
In celebration of July 4th everything in the RAD-Online store is 25% off until Sunday.  Broadheads, Replacement blades, Super-Deuce 38, GlowPeep...EVERYTHING!  Even the new Rival (Phelps official broadheads).

All orders shipped in the USA are now a flat rate of $3.95.
He asked, Do you ever give a short simple answer?  I replied, "Nope."

Offline RadSav

• Explorer
Re: RAD White & Blue SALE
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 10:13:46 AM »
Just bumping this up so you guys and gals that were busy on the 4th and didn't see it don't miss out.  Less than 4 days left.

Offline blackveltbowhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • BLAM
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 10:30:21 AM »
Thanks so much for the bump :tup: I had missed this. After using the TI con for the past few years, the rival was to intriguing to not try. I placed and order for a dozen. Heads up folks, these are awesome BH IMO. Great deal here.

Offline RadSav

• Explorer
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 10:58:51 AM »
Jason and I seem to have stumbled onto something special with that Rival head.  Not only are they selling very well, but the performance has exceeded what I expected.  Holes in hide have been surprisingly larger than those with the VanDyke or DelMastro.  Both Justin Llanes and our Australian team are raving about the soft tissue penetration.  One of our top Australians actually complained that he hadn't been able to find a kill arrow this year after pass thru.  "Last glimpse I get of them is when they clear the bush 30-40 yards behind the kill shot."  The hollow bone penetration is so close to the DelMastro and VanDyke is hard to determine much difference.  It is not "Titanium" tough but has exceeded our durability expectations as well.

It really appears to be a lower cost/extra short version of a Ti-Con - which is what I had hoped for when Jason brought up the idea.  The more time we spend shooting it, the more meat we put in the freezers with it, the more impressed we get with just how well it came together.

Offline blackveltbowhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • BLAM
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 11:45:35 AM »
Thank you for the info. The TI con  may be my favorite head I have used. ( And I admit I will have some in  reserve :chuckle: ) but i'm a sucker to try new stuff, as long as it is well designed and functional. These rivals sure seem to fit that niche. Can't wait.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 12:07:02 PM »
Rad,

Which BH would you most recommend for deer and elk? Would that be the Rival? Can I get it in a 125 grain? I'm shooting a mid-range Hoyt Turbo Hawk at around 63 lbs. Thanks neighbor.
PMan
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline RadSav

• Explorer
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 12:40:22 PM »
Which BH would you most recommend for deer and elk? Would that be the Rival? Can I get it in a 125 grain? I'm shooting a mid-range Hoyt Turbo Hawk at around 63 lbs. Thanks neighbor.

If a head doesn't work on elk...I won't build it.  So it really comes down to personal preference.  Choices are limited when we get to 125 grain choices so that would be VanDyke, DelMastro (High Profile), Rival (avail in both VanDyke and DelMastro blade styles) and the Ti-Con.

VanDyke (LPS) blade style flies best in wind and penetrates better than most, DelMastro (HPV) blade leaves a bigger hole in hide and a slight advantage in blood trails.  Ti-Con is a bit longer head so overall bigger size, but it ends up being a compromise between the VanDyke and DelMastro blade styles.

But as to which is better?  It's about like asking Dodge, Ford, Chevy and Toyota owners what the best truck is.  Of course my personal favorite, the Ti-Con, is always the best choice!!  Jason Phelps, Larry VanDyke, Del DelMastro...they just don't understand.  :chuckle:

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 12:48:56 PM »
I shoot the VanDyke and I can tell you they are hands down the best heads I have ever used and I have boxes of broadheads. I hunt a lot of open and the low profile fly so much better in the winds that usually come with the open country. They penitrate deep and while the cutting diameter is a little smaller, the accuracy and blood trails have been outstanding for me.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 06:55:15 PM »
Glad I seen this deal as I just picked a couple packs of the Madman broadheads for my wife to start shooting.  :tup:
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline RadSav

• Explorer
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 10:46:36 PM »
Sweet!  Thank you.

We should have a few more special deals between now and hunting season.  Not sure if anything will be as wide encompassing or good as our 4th of July special.  But should have some select product specials along the way.

Been good to see how many Hunt-WA folks got in and saved some money.  We really do appreciate the support.

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 11:26:47 PM »
I am a fan of the Rival 125 and took advantage of this offer  :tup:
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline RadSav

• Explorer
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2018, 04:34:19 AM »
I am a fan of the Rival 125 and took advantage of this offer  :tup:

Those should even be better in 2018.  Found a slight screw placement issue mid-season that made one out of every 20 or so not spin right without backing a screw out and putting it back in while loaded.  Be dang hard pressed to find one not spin perfect right now.  Also, the recent batch of blades are much higher quality and ground with an even finer hone wheel than we had last year.  Should be even sharper than they were before!

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 06:13:27 AM »

If a head doesn't work on elk...I won't build it.  So it really comes down to personal preference.  Choices are limited when we get to 125 grain choices so that would be VanDyke, DelMastro (High Profile), Rival (avail in both VanDyke and DelMastro blade styles) and the Ti-Con.

VanDyke (LPS) blade style flies best in wind and penetrates better than most, DelMastro (HPV) blade leaves a bigger hole in hide and a slight advantage in blood trails.  Ti-Con is a bit longer head so overall bigger size, but it ends up being a compromise between the VanDyke and DelMastro blade styles.

But as to which is better?  It's about like asking Dodge, Ford, Chevy and Toyota owners what the best truck is.  Of course my personal favorite, the Ti-Con, is always the best choice!!  Jason Phelps, Larry VanDyke, Del DelMastro...they just don't understand.  :chuckle:

I ordered some of the Rival 125s last week. Should be here today or tomorrow, I imagine. Thanks Bryan.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline gasman

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2018, 10:14:47 AM »
Wish I would have seen this last week  :bash:

Was looking at the Rival 125 but non of the local stores had any RAD products in stock. Grabbed some Wac-Em 125 instead.
Gasman

It's 5 O'clock somewhere.......

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2018, 11:23:10 AM »
Wish I would have seen this last week  :bash:

Was looking at the Rival 125 but non of the local stores had any RAD products in stock. Grabbed some Wac-Em 125 instead.
return those dumb ol Wac-Em's and hit Bryan up for those rivals.  They are worth the effort :tup:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand