collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Swaro ATX/STX or ATS/STS  (Read 6692 times)

Offline elkslayer069

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Swaro ATX/STX or ATS/STS
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2018, 07:36:56 PM »
By the way mine is an atx 85. I had a hard time finding the 85mm seems like everyone carries the 65mm & 95mm so ended up ordering from outdoorsmans in az got free shipping an no tax!
You gonna draw those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Offline elkslayer069

• Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2018, 07:38:55 PM »
JJ is the btx eyepiece that much better i have slc 15x56 that also pack along for general tripod glassing until i find something then i slide in the spotter
You gonna draw those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Offline jjhunter

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Aim small. Miss small.
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2018, 08:01:39 PM »
JJ is the btx eyepiece that much better i have slc 15x56 that also pack along for general tripod glassing until i find something then i slide in the spotter

I really hate to talk it up too much; but yeah, it’s gonna be like the first time you ever looked through a tripod mounted 15x56, only better.

Offline jjhunter

• Sourdough
  • Aim small. Miss small.
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2018, 08:12:51 PM »

Size comparison between STX 65 and BTX 95.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Call em in

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Hunter
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2018, 10:03:51 PM »
Jjhunter, which tripod/head combination do you prefer?

Offline jjhunter

• Sourdough
  • Aim small. Miss small.
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2018, 10:08:15 PM »

Outdoorsman Tall tripod with their panhead.  I used the medium/pistol grip combo for years, but it won’t handle the 95mm.   I also really saw the benefit of being able to stand and glass in SE Nevada the last couple of years.  Allows a lot more flexibility when glassing in the PJ’s.

Offline Call em in

• Hunter
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2018, 10:29:05 PM »

Outdoorsman Tall tripod with their panhead.  I used the medium/pistol grip combo for years, but it won’t handle the 95mm.   I also really saw the benefit of being able to stand and glass in SE Nevada the last couple of years.  Allows a lot more flexibility when glassing in the PJ’s.

Thx. I’m running the outdoorsman medium/pistol grip combo but I added the extension to the middle so I could stand. I could see how that wouldn’t be the best for the 95’s.

Offline shallowforks

• Hunter
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2018, 10:30:14 PM »
The comment that JJ made on edge to edge clarity is accurate.  And it is the main talking point that folks will discuss on the X vs the S.

I think that is why they seem so much more brilliant.

And the 95 mm objective JJ carriers is significant chunk of quality glass to make that brilliant view pop.

someday, I will draw a tag where he may just want to Sherpa some glass around for me just to be part of the experience.  lol

Absolutely.   Gotta be a darn good tag, though.   :chuckle:

How bout a blue mountains elk tag?  :chuckle:

Well i feel pretty talked into the x series. Now since its been brought up, you really like the outdoorsmans tripods? Ive never actually used one but for the height, weight and price ive just never been compelled to buy one. Why do you choose that setup over the numerous other brands of pods and heads?

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2018, 11:14:44 PM »
I dont chime in much anymore, but feel need to say if you have an Outdoorsman medium with extension and their regular pan head, it will support the 95 fine. The large is ideal if you plan on standing the majority of the time, but the medium and extension is much more universal in my book. I was fortunate to buy several large Brunton carbon tripods for under $50 on an 80% off sale, so I have no need for a full size standing tripod. I run the BTX 95, 65, 15s, Zeiss 85, and others off several tripods from Slik, Gitzo, to the above mentioned. Best overall in my book is the Outdoorsman medium with extension. :twocents: :chuckle:

Offline Call em in

• Hunter
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2018, 11:44:48 PM »
I dont chime in much anymore, but feel need to say if you have an Outdoorsman medium with extension and their regular pan head, it will support the 95 fine. The large is ideal if you plan on standing the majority of the time, but the medium and extension is much more universal in my book. I was fortunate to buy several large Brunton carbon tripods for under $50 on an 80% off sale, so I have no need for a full size standing tripod. I run the BTX 95, 65, 15s, Zeiss 85, and others off several tripods from Slik, Gitzo, to the above mentioned. Best overall in my book is the Outdoorsman medium with extension. :twocents: :chuckle:

I have the pistol grip on mine. I’ve never used the 95’s but I have used other big glass. I’m considering switching to a pan head. What are your thoughts?

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2018, 06:19:18 AM »

I have the pistol grip on mine. I’ve never used the 95’s but I have used other big glass. I’m considering switching to a pan head. What are your thoughts?

I've never heard of anybody that regretted buying the pan head.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2018, 08:13:38 AM »
I went from the pistol grip to the pan head and am glad I did. Much steadier and easier to make fine adjustments for me

Offline Call em in

• Hunter
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2018, 12:50:06 PM »
I went from the pistol grip to the pan head and am glad I did. Much steadier and easier to make fine adjustments for me

Perfect. Thx for the input.

Offline whacker1

• Old Salt
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2018, 05:01:44 PM »
I am running the compact medium with pistol grip and quick release panner.  The 95's I think would be to heavy for the pistol grip to use them effectively anyway.  Outdoorsman is by far the most steady glassing setup I could find for long extended periods of glassing.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal