collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Quality of Kahtoola Microspikes compared to 1/4 price knock-offs?  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Okanagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Has anyone compared a pair of the Micro Spike knock offs to Khatoola's?  Do they work and how long do they hold up?

I LOVE my Kahtoola's and wear them daily picking wild berries plus on wet wood hunting deer and all winter for predator calling.  After three years mine broke day before yesterday.  The price of new Kahtoola's is breathtaking for a set of glorified rubber bands with spikes.  I can buy FOUR pair of the knock-offs on Amazon for about the price of one Kahtoola's.  If it were a matter of ten bucks or even half, I'd go for the Kahtoola's without second thought.

Has anyone actually used both?  If so, how do they compare?

Offline Okanagan

• Longhunter
Re: Quality of Kahtoola Microspikes compared to 1/4 price knock-offs?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 09:22:29 PM »
Still curious if anyone has compared but it is academic now.  I had an unexpected chance to hit REI in Bellingham today and bought the only pair of Kahtoola Micro spikes in the store.  They fit my boots and I want to use them tomorrow, so grabbed them rather than order something online.  Bird in the hand.

The new micro spikes are much thinner rubber material than the old ones.

Offline 3dvapor

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 09:47:59 PM »
id like to try the longer versions for chukar hunting.  the micros worked good but the longer spikes would have helped in the steeper country with the snow.

Offline Okanagan

• Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 07:45:46 PM »
After one day of use, will report that IMO the slight changes in my new Micro Spikes have improved them.  They stay in place on the boot better.  Hope they last as well.

Stepped on a wasp nest in the ground and had to run for it through ferns and brush down the slope of a grown up clear-cut, with an open bucket of berries in hand.  :P Glad I was wearing the spikes for more sure footing.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 10:33:46 PM »
I can only compare mine to yak traks which isn’t really a fair comparison. I wore them for a little while one day goat hunting. Too much snow to really make a difference. Took them off and put them back in the backpack.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal