collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolves tree DNR worker in Okanogan county  (Read 75527 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Wolves tree DNR worker in Okanogan county
« Reply #210 on: July 16, 2018, 08:22:48 AM »
51.21 – Authorization for Firearms.
1. Regional Foresters, Forest Supervisors, Station Directors,
the Area Director, or the Institute Director may authorize non-law
enforcement employees to carry firearms when functions or circum-stances related to official duties necessitate such permission. https://www.fs.fed.us/im/directives/fsh/6709.11/FSH6709.pdf

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #211 on: July 16, 2018, 08:24:30 AM »
We need to put pressure on USFS (Forest Service) Region 6 (PNW)- to allow forest workers to carry firearms. Firearm policies vary across regions, and our region must address the increased threat posed by the proliferation of wolves and a growing grizzly bear population. In Region 10 (Alaska) for example, every USFS work crew is required to have at least one armed member. According to Section 51.21 of the USFS Employee Health and Safety Code Handbook: "at remote work areas where bear and/or other aggressive animal populations warrant, at least one person in every work crew shall be assigned a firearm provided by the Forest Service for protection. Working in pairs or in groups is the preferred work method. Personnel who choose to work alone in bear country need appropriate line/staff officer approval. Appropriate line/staff officer may assign personnel to work alone in areas identified as low risk with employee consent." The Region 1 (Montana) Employee Handbook, section 51.21 – "Adds regional direction for authorized use of firearms by non-law enforcement employees". It is up to each region and/or district office to assess need for firearm carry. The PNW region is now a very dangerous place to work.

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #212 on: July 16, 2018, 08:27:43 AM »
I saw this posted else where and suspect 2 things....
1 probably not going to change and allow them to carry.
2 I'm skeptical this employee was actually doing salmon work.

Confucius

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #213 on: July 16, 2018, 08:35:08 AM »

What do you think she could have been doing?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #214 on: July 16, 2018, 08:40:31 AM »
Maybe it's me, and I've spent plenty of time in the woods by myself, but it seems weird to have a person in that country alone....especially working for a gov entity. Seems like liability would be such a concern, they'd force some sort of buddy system setup. It is the 21st century after all.

Someone from western Washington suggesting bigger government and the buddy system, all in the name of safety.   Say it ain’t so.  Lol

We need to put pressure on USFS (Forest Service) Region 6 (PNW)- to allow forest workers to carry firearms. Firearm policies vary across regions, and our region must address the increased threat posed by the proliferation of wolves and a growing grizzly bear population. In Region 10 (Alaska) for example, every USFS work crew is required to have at least one armed member. According to Section 51.21 of the USFS Employee Health and Safety Code Handbook: "at remote work areas where bear and/or other aggressive animal populations warrant, at least one person in every work crew shall be assigned a firearm provided by the Forest Service for protection. Working in pairs or in groups is the preferred work method. Personnel who choose to work alone in bear country need appropriate line/staff officer approval. Appropriate line/staff officer may assign personnel to work alone in areas identified as low risk with employee consent." The Region 1 (Montana) Employee Handbook, section 51.21 – "Adds regional direction for authorized use of firearms by non-law enforcement employees". It is up to each region and/or district office to assess need for firearm carry. The PNW region is now a very dangerous place to work.

:dunno:

Where's that from, Special T?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #215 on: July 16, 2018, 08:49:50 AM »
Citizens for property rights alliance fb page comment.

https://www.facebook.com/355207934576312/posts/1783035141793577/

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #216 on: July 16, 2018, 09:08:37 AM »

What do you think she could have been doing?

I don't know what she was doing. But we know a few things. We ( sherif dept)don't have the employees name. The department hasn't exactly been truthful about this incident so far...

I'm certain that doing any work in that area is harder because of the lack of trust. So far they have done little to earn it back so I'm a skeptic. I could make a WAG but that would then change the discussion and the burden of proof.  A higher likelihood is that there will be more info on this coming out.

Confucius

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #217 on: July 16, 2018, 09:20:02 AM »
Citizens for property rights alliance fb page comment.

Will the sheriff conduct an independent investigation as the state and federal wildlife biologists planned to do on hike to the site Friday?

Why does that matter?  All that is is sensational bluster.   How exactly would the results of that change anything?   Demanding to know what the researcher was doing up there would be the same as demanding when the USFS office staff has coffee and potty breaks.

And if you don't think they were doing salmon work (which could involve lots of things quite far away from any creek), what do you think they were doing?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 10:29:30 AM by Knocker of rocks »

Offline Cougartail

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #218 on: July 16, 2018, 09:25:02 AM »
I see the making of a thread as long as the bigfoot one..

That being said, a woman working alone in any remote area should have the option of arming herself. With all the scum running the US anymore wildlife is a small problem. I know I won't go unarmed in the woods anymore..
Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #219 on: July 16, 2018, 10:56:37 AM »

We ( sherif dept)don't have the employees name.
Is she accused of a crime?  What portion of the US and Washington State Constitution doesn't apply to this woman?  The same laws that apply to open carriers saying "am I under suspicion of committing a crime?" also apply to USFS employees doing their job.   Her name is probably available thru FOI requests, but is certainly nothing the sheriff can compel as part of his meaningless investigation at the behest of agitation.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #220 on: July 16, 2018, 11:05:46 AM »
Is she accused of a crime?  What portion of the US and Washington State Constitution doesn't apply to this woman?  The same laws that apply to open carriers saying "am I under suspicion of committing a crime?" also apply to USFS employees doing their job.   Her name is probably available thru FOI requests, but is certainly nothing the sheriff can compel as part of his meaningless investigation at the behest of agitation.
:yeah:

Realistically, there is no reason for the sheriff to "investigate." What crime occurred? The only reason WDFW involves sheriff's departments in wolf depredation investigations is essentially to show public trust and there isn't some cover-up. If WDFW and the SO both say the cow/lamb/etc was killed by coyotes and not wolves people will believe them more than if WDFW just came out themselves and said it.

In reality, the SO is "investigating" because of political reasons, that's it.

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #221 on: July 16, 2018, 11:16:37 AM »

In reality, the SO is "investigating" because of political reasons, that's it.

And people want to investigate "just what she was doing up there".   What exactly is the authority for the SO to investigate how a federal agency does it's research?  Is the detective going sit down, peruse the peer reviewed literature and the research proposal and decide if it was justified?  And if he and his AA degree disagrees with the PhD biologists or geologists, then what?

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #222 on: July 16, 2018, 11:33:17 AM »
There is no cell phone service at Tiffany Springs.....FYI.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #223 on: July 16, 2018, 11:53:34 AM »

I only point it out because it shows lack of trust... Both directions I might add.

I've refused to provide my name before, and it has earned me extra scrutiny...  If I've been on the receiving end shouldn't she/the usfs also receive some?

Confucius

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #224 on: July 16, 2018, 12:19:45 PM »
I've refused to provide my name before, and it has earned me extra scrutiny...  If I've been on the receiving end shouldn't she/the usfs also receive
No extra legal scrutiny is OK, no matter if it’s somebody in Compton, a government employee doing their job or you. Two wrongs don’t make a right. If she had been there, maybe she would have given her name. But she wasn’t, so the USFS was correct in declining to give her name where it wasn’t required except for rabid trolling by an deputy running for sheriff and appealing to anti government agitation.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]