collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolves tree DNR worker in Okanogan county  (Read 75117 times)

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Wolves tree DNR worker in Okanogan county
« Reply #225 on: July 16, 2018, 02:01:00 PM »
We need to put pressure on USFS (Forest Service) Region 6 (PNW)- to allow forest workers to carry firearms. Firearm policies vary across regions, and our region must address the increased threat posed by the proliferation of wolves and a growing grizzly bear population. In Region 10 (Alaska) for example, every USFS work crew is required to have at least one armed member. According to Section 51.21 of the USFS Employee Health and Safety Code Handbook: "at remote work areas where bear and/or other aggressive animal populations warrant, at least one person in every work crew shall be assigned a firearm provided by the Forest Service for protection. Working in pairs or in groups is the preferred work method. Personnel who choose to work alone in bear country need appropriate line/staff officer approval. Appropriate line/staff officer may assign personnel to work alone in areas identified as low risk with employee consent." The Region 1 (Montana) Employee Handbook, section 51.21 – "Adds regional direction for authorized use of firearms by non-law enforcement employees". It is up to each region and/or district office to assess need for firearm carry. The PNW region is now a very dangerous place to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Why should we put pressure on them? I would expect the employees themselves or their union would be putting pressure on to accomplish this. They don't have to work there if they don't want, especially if working conditions are unsafe. It's kind of like the WeWork company not allowing the expensing of meals with meat on them. You can choose to work there or not. You can change management's mind or not. It's not my employer and I have no dog in that fight.  :dunno:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2018, 01:55:14 PM »
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1879607178744106&id=1079144188790413

Wolf rescue incident #3:DISTURBING ISSUES REMAIN AFTER THE TIFFANY SPRINGS WOLF INCIDENT – USFS, USFWS AND WDFW – IT’S TIME TO COME OUT INTO THE LIGHT OF DAY!

On 12 July, a young USFS (According to a Capital Press article released today, we don’t really even know who she’s working for) employee was rescued by a Washington Department of Natural Resources Flight Crew.  I spent time yesterday reviewing the dispatch tapes from the incident and I would personally like to commend Jill at NEWICC, the Okanogan County 911 Dispatcher, and the DNR flight crew! Their decision to go ahead with the rescue in spite of pushback from the wildlife agencies resulted in a speedy rescue. As we used to say in the Navy for a job well done, BRAVO ZULU!

But, the tapes reveal some interesting questions about the wildlife agencies and the Forest Service! New facts are emerging and these take up from where I left off in my previous postings.

FACTS:
1. During the 6 taped dialogs between the Okanogan Dispatcher and NEWICC (Jill), there was a specific time when Jill told the Okanogan Dispatcher that WDFW said the incident was a “Wildlife issue and not a Search and Rescue (SAR).
2. A joint statement by WDFW and USFWS public information officers (PIO’s) indicated that human life takes precedence over wildlife.
3. Outside stories said the USFS employee was conducting a salmon study in the area. According to sources, there are no salmon in that area
4. According to comments made during the rescue, the USFS employee was seen in the tree holding some telemetry equipment.
5. In a County Commissioners deposition, the Okanogan Sheriffs Office told the rescued employee to stay at Omak airport until the deputies arrived in order to interview her.
6. Before the deputies arrived at the airport, a USFS vehicle arrived at Omak airport and took the employee away.  She has not been seen or heard from since the incident
7. The Tonasket Ranger District has not deployed any USFS employees to the field since this incident occurred.
8. WDFW and/or USFWS trappers are operating in the area of the Loup loup wolfpack.

Opinions:
1. WDFW DID try to shut down the DNR and OCSO rescue operation so they could affect the rescue.  In the dispatch tapes, NEWICC (Jill) clearly states she was told this was a wildlife issue and not a SAR. This action runs contrary to what the joint WDFW/USFWS PIO statement suggests.  What are these agencies hiding? Was this order given by WDFW Officer Troutman?
2. WDFW in cooperation with the USFWS and likely with the University of Washington are conducting an ungulate study throughout known wolf populated areas in Washington. In earlier field research I am conducting in other counties, I was told that a significant portion of the UW work may be occurring in the Northern Cascade ecosystem (the rescue scene is in the NC ecosystem). Is this what the employee was really doing? Where are the salmon streams in the Tiffany Springs area? The actions and activities of the WDFW, USFWS and USFS in this area requires more investigation and these agencies should come into the light of day.
3. The USFS for some reason did not want the rescued employee to speak with deputies. However, the deputies investigating the rescue told the employee to stay at the airport so they could interview her. By her leaving, she and those who took her away from the airport could face criminal charges for impeding an official investigation. Why did the USFS not allow the rescued person to speak with deputies?
4. There are only two reasons why the Tonasket Ranger District would be keeping employees close to home; the first and preferred reason would be in order to conduct a safety stand down and revise work protocols in areas where there are known apex predators. However, given the past conduct of the USFS District Ranger over his career, it seems more likely the employees are being directed on what to say about the rescue situation and about the operations surrounding studies in the Tiffany Springs and other areas of the county.
5. It should be reiterated that the sheriff has full authority over ALL law activities in his/her county over all other agencies.  While many sheriff’s choose to cooperate with state and federal agencies, the sheriff has the right and duty to act when these agencies get out of hand. 

Comments: 
1. So, the plot thickens!  What is really going on in the region near the rescue site? Salmon? I doubt it. 
2. Back in the 1980’s a U.S. Navy ship came across a load of Vietnamese boat people who were in poor health and in bad condition on the high seas. The ship’s commanding officer ordered his crew to give the people water and food, but to not embark them onboard as the ship was on a timeline to make it to an exercise. The commanding officer was relieved of his duties for his failing to rescue those in peril.  FOR AN OFFICER OF ANY LOCAL, STATE OR FEDERAL AGENCY TO STATE THE ISSUE WAS A WILDLIFE ISSUE and NOT a SAR ISSUE IS BEHAVING IN THE SAME MANNER as the ship’s commanding officer.  Yet WDFW, USFS and USFWS is covering up something the public has the right to know and the need to know about in the interest of public safety!
3. For too long, these agencies have gotten away with shell games, lies, moving the goalposts and treating American citizens with disdain. ITS TIME TO CLEAN IT UP!

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 08:25:47 PM by Special T »
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2018, 02:03:10 PM »
Tin foil, meet hat.

Offline buglebrush

• Sourdough
« Reply #228 on: July 18, 2018, 02:05:57 PM »
Same source as cited before.

Wolf rescue incident #3:DISTURBING ISSUES REMAIN AFTER THE TIFFANY SPRINGS WOLF INCIDENT – USFS, USFWS AND WDFW – IT’S TIME TO COME OUT INTO THE LIGHT OF DAY!

On 12 July, a young USFS (According to a Capital Press article released today, we don’t really even know who she’s working for) employee was rescued by a Washington Department of Natural Resources Flight Crew.  I spent time yesterday reviewing the dispatch tapes from the incident and I would personally like to commend Jill at NEWICC, the Okanogan County 911 Dispatcher, and the DNR flight crew! Their decision to go ahead with the rescue in spite of pushback from the wildlife agencies resulted in a speedy rescue. As we used to say in the Navy for a job well done, BRAVO ZULU!

But, the tapes reveal some interesting questions about the wildlife agencies and the Forest Service! New facts are emerging and these take up from where I left off in my previous postings.

FACTS:
1. During the 6 taped dialogs between the Okanogan Dispatcher and NEWICC (Jill), there was a specific time when Jill told the Okanogan Dispatcher that WDFW said the incident was a “Wildlife issue and not a Search and Rescue (SAR).
2. A joint statement by WDFW and USFWS public information officers (PIO’s) indicated that human life takes precedence over wildlife.
3. Outside stories said the USFS employee was conducting a salmon study in the area. According to sources, there are no salmon in that area
4. According to comments made during the rescue, the USFS employee was seen in the tree holding some telemetry equipment.
5. In a County Commissioners deposition, the Okanogan Sheriffs Office told the rescued employee to stay at Omak airport until the deputies arrived in order to interview her.
6. Before the deputies arrived at the airport, a USFS vehicle arrived at Omak airport and took the employee away.  She has not been seen or heard from since the incident
7. The Tonasket Ranger District has not deployed any USFS employees to the field since this incident occurred.
8. WDFW and/or USFWS trappers are operating in the area of the Loup loup wolfpack.

Opinions:
1. WDFW DID try to shut down the DNR and OCSO rescue operation so they could affect the rescue.  In the dispatch tapes, NEWICC (Jill) clearly states she was told this was a wildlife issue and not a SAR. This action runs contrary to what the joint WDFW/USFWS PIO statement suggests.  What are these agencies hiding? Was this order given by WDFW Officer Troutman?
2. WDFW in cooperation with the USFWS and likely with the University of Washington are conducting an ungulate study throughout known wolf populated areas in Washington. In earlier field research I am conducting in other counties, I was told that a significant portion of the UW work may be occurring in the Northern Cascade ecosystem (the rescue scene is in the NC ecosystem). Is this what the employee was really doing? Where are the salmon streams in the Tiffany Springs area? The actions and activities of the WDFW, USFWS and USFS in this area requires more investigation and these agencies should come into the light of day.
3. The USFS for some reason did not want the rescued employee to speak with deputies. However, the deputies investigating the rescue told the employee to stay at the airport so they could interview her. By her leaving, she and those who took her away from the airport could face criminal charges for impeding an official investigation. Why did the USFS not allow the rescued person to speak with deputies?
4. There are only two reasons why the Tonasket Ranger District would be keeping employees close to home; the first and preferred reason would be in order to conduct a safety stand down and revise work protocols in areas where there are known apex predators. However, given the past conduct of the USFS District Ranger over his career, it seems more likely the employees are being directed on what to say about the rescue situation and about the operations surrounding studies in the Tiffany Springs and other areas of the county.
5. It should be reiterated that the sheriff has full authority over ALL law activities in his/her county over all other agencies.  While many sheriff’s choose to cooperate with state and federal agencies, the sheriff has the right and duty to act when these agencies get out of hand. 

Comments: 
1. So, the plot thickens!  What is really going on in the region near the rescue site? Salmon? I doubt it. 
2. Back in the 1980’s a U.S. Navy ship came across a load of Vietnamese boat people who were in poor health and in bad condition on the high seas. The ship’s commanding officer ordered his crew to give the people water and food, but to not embark them onboard as the ship was on a timeline to make it to an exercise. The commanding officer was relieved of his duties for his failing to rescue those in peril.  FOR AN OFFICER OF ANY LOCAL, STATE OR FEDERAL AGENCY TO STATE THE ISSUE WAS A WILDLIFE ISSUE and NOT a SAR ISSUE IS BEHAVING IN THE SAME MANNER as the ship’s commanding officer.  Yet WDFW, USFS and USFWS is covering up something the public has the right to know and the need to know about in the interest of public safety!
3. For too long, these agencies have gotten away with shell games, lies, moving the goalposts and treating American citizens with disdain. ITS TIME TO CLEAN IT UP!

Well, we do know that when it comes to predators, especially wolves, they've been lying for a long time already.  How much you want to bet it was actually releasing more wolves in the area?

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2018, 02:19:08 PM »
 :yike:

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #230 on: July 18, 2018, 02:23:29 PM »
Tin foil, meet hat.
:yeah:
Good grief.  No shortage of conspiracy theorists these days  :chuckle:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #231 on: July 18, 2018, 02:33:51 PM »
No surprises from the WDF&Wolves cheerleading squad here today - "Nothing to see here." Yeah, right. We've been lied to every step of the way in the Canadian wolf introduction. Even Congress was lied to and these jerks seem immune to consequences. They've lied about the spread of diseases/parasites, environmental impact, economic impact, breeding and growth rates. And the "student" in question was on a salmon count...with a telemetry antenna? I did not know they could track spawning salmon with a telemetry antenna. Ignoring the orders of the Sheriff to stay at the airport and speak with a deputy? 911 being told this was a wildlife issue? It's too bad our governor is so deep in this chit that we'll never see a proper investigation as to what's going on.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #232 on: July 18, 2018, 02:53:07 PM »
I don't get all the drama between agencies, the sheriff is like a dog with a bone here.  The USFWS has authority to track wolves and/or measure stream temps and outflow, regardless what she was doing it was within the scope of USFWS especially on federal lands. 

What am I missing?  Other than a stupid decision by WDFW to get involved, and call off the helicopter. 

The victims here will be that contract helicopter crew, I bet they get put down the list a few notches next fire storm. 

Offline buglebrush

• Sourdough
« Reply #233 on: July 18, 2018, 03:00:49 PM »
The issue is the cover up and possible gag orders.  At the very least they're controlling the narrative and suppressing the truth about predators.  Can you imagine the full-blown media circus they'd throw if it was some hunters trapping wolves rather than wolves trapping a person? 

Offline bornhunter

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, Wa Cattlemens Assc, Stevens County Cattlemens Assc
« Reply #234 on: July 18, 2018, 03:25:08 PM »
I figured it all out!!! Trump was up there with Stormy Daniels!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #235 on: July 18, 2018, 03:29:00 PM »
 :DOH:

/groan

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #236 on: July 18, 2018, 03:30:01 PM »
I figured it all out!!! Trump was up there with Stormy Daniels!
Finally the real story is out. Sad thing is I'm sure we could convince a few on here this was true.

Offline bornhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #237 on: July 18, 2018, 03:35:20 PM »
It is a serious matter but sometimes a little humor makes people take a break and reset a bit. 

Offline gaddy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #238 on: July 18, 2018, 03:36:40 PM »
Wait a minute, If Stormy Daniels was there I am sure some collusion would have happened with the rescue crew, and I am sure something would have leaked..

Offline bornhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #239 on: July 18, 2018, 03:37:58 PM »
Something would have leakwd all right. :sry:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]