collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolves tree DNR worker in Okanogan county  (Read 75118 times)

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: Wolves tree DNR worker in Okanogan county
« Reply #285 on: July 19, 2018, 08:28:13 AM »
"I guess forset service employees really are tree huggers"

That made me laugh out loud...

Offline Widgeondeke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
  • US Army Infantry 91-98
« Reply #286 on: July 19, 2018, 09:45:58 AM »
    :yeah:      HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA  :chuckle:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #287 on: July 19, 2018, 09:54:14 AM »
What does “designated kill zone” mean? Just saw this post on Joel Kretz’s Facebook page.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #288 on: July 19, 2018, 10:07:12 AM »
Wth??
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #289 on: July 19, 2018, 10:13:24 AM »
It's just a random person, according to her bio she's a "writer novelist" and used to work in an espresso shop, I'm not sure what expertise she has with wolves or USFWS, USFS or WDFW inner workings   :dunno:

what the heck is a "kill zone"? anyways?  Wolves have no such zone, a kill zone is just where it happens.  Is she suggesting some government agency is baiting wolves with carcasses? I call BS on that.

I don't pay much attention to FB posts unless it's coming from a credible source.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 10:22:19 AM by KFhunter »

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #290 on: July 19, 2018, 10:15:34 AM »
I read today that the USFS employee is from Utah.
So?

So... people are wanting to know who this person is, and this is the only information Ive seen so far. I don't really care who she is or what she was doing. But it does seem if they're wanting to keep her identity secret, they wouldn't want to even mention the fact that she's from Utah.

They keep a lot of people's identity secret anymore due to death threats by the wolf huggers on ranchers who have had cattle attacked, it's a precaution to prevent further threats. This is likely the reason the name isn't public.  :twocents:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #291 on: July 19, 2018, 10:21:08 AM »
It's just a random person, according to her bio she's a "writer novelist" and used to work in an espresso shop, I'm not sure what expertise she has with wolves or USFWS, USFS or WDFW inner workings   :dunno:

what the heck is a "kill zone"? anyways?  Wolves have no such zone, a kill zone is just where it happens.  Is she suggesting some government agency is baiting wolves with carcasses? I call BS on that.

I don't pay much attention to FB posts unless it's coming from a credible source.

I'm glad that post wasn't from Joel Kretz about kill zones.  I thought he'd gone off the deep end. :o
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #292 on: July 19, 2018, 10:23:02 AM »
Ya, I had to go dig it up to see where it come from  :bash:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #293 on: July 19, 2018, 10:31:58 AM »
So?

So... people are wanting to know who this person is, and this is the only information Ive seen so far. I don't really care who she is or what she was doing. But it does seem if they're wanting to keep her identity secret, they wouldn't want to even mention the fact that she's from Utah.

They keep a lot of people's identity secret anymore due to death threats by the wolf huggers on ranchers who have had cattle attacked, it's a precaution to prevent further threats. This is likely the reason the name isn't public.  :twocents:

Agreed. I see no conspiracy theories or cover ups leaving her identity out of this.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #294 on: July 19, 2018, 10:32:59 AM »

I'm glad that post wasn't from Joel Kretz about kill zones.  I thought he'd gone off the deep end. :o

Sorry... I didn't realize how that could be construed when I posted it. I should have better clarified.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #295 on: July 19, 2018, 10:59:02 AM »
So?

Agreed. I see no conspiracy theories or cover ups leaving her identity out of this.

agreed, I could care less who it was and agree with not releasing the employees name to the public.  USFS dodged a bullet that she was able to get up a tree, they could have easily surrounded her in an area without easy to climb trees for escape.  How long would the wolves have surrounded and harassed her if she couldn't climb a tree?  Who knows how it would have played out.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #296 on: July 19, 2018, 11:11:18 AM »
I'd wonder if all the people wanting to know who she was and who she worked for would post in this thread their name, their job and the location where they live. Especially any of those who work for the government.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #297 on: July 19, 2018, 12:43:11 PM »
I'd wonder if all the people wanting to know who she was and who she worked for would post in this thread their name, their job and the location where they live. Especially any of those who work for the government.

This is not really a pertinent analogy though. She's a public employee as well as being involved in a rescue operation which was reported by the news and investigated by the county sheriff. I don't see any parallel between her situation and someone taking part in an online forum.  :dunno:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
Wolves tree DNR worker in Okanogan county
« Reply #298 on: July 19, 2018, 01:00:03 PM »

This is not really a pertinent analogy though. She's a public employee as well as being involved in a rescue operation which was reported by the news and investigated by the county sheriff. I don't see any parallel between her situation and someone taking part in an online forum.  :dunno:

It seems to me, by reading here and elsewhere, that some think that since her identity is not being revealed, this is a sure sign that it’s some sort of coverup. Maybe I’m wrong, but if i am, I wish the people who are bellyaching about the lack of info on her identity would please solidify their reasons by sharing why they want to know who she is so bad.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #299 on: July 19, 2018, 01:24:40 PM »
Isnt it obvious.   Outdoor woman are hot, and anyone that can climb 30 feet into a tree has to be athletic.  THey just want to contact her to see if she shaves her pits or not.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Yesterday at 09:12:44 PM]