collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolves tree DNR worker in Okanogan county  (Read 75539 times)

Offline DeerHarvester

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Wolves tree DNR worker in Okanogan county
« Reply #360 on: July 19, 2018, 11:15:30 PM »
Deerharvester...........why do you even huntwa anymore.... :chuckle:

Great question

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Will hunt for food.

Offline O. hemionus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
Re: Wolves tree DNR worker in Okanogan county
« Reply #361 on: July 19, 2018, 11:19:05 PM »
I think the public should be informed of any and all wolf attacks in Washington. The WDFW, USFWS, DNR etc work for us. They report on every coyote sighting in Seattle and call out the SWAT teams and plaster it all over the news,,,,,,

Also @wolfbait

WDFW is mandated to report dangerous wildlife incidents (involving cougar, grizzly bear, and wolves). Maps and summaries, with stars for incidents in the past year. The whole nine yards at your fingertips! Now don't get too worked up yet just because this recent incident isn't uploaded on the site. I'm guessing it would be on there soon once all the facts and stories get straightened out.

https://wdfw.wa.gov/living/dangerous/reports/index.php

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #362 on: July 20, 2018, 03:04:59 AM »
This thread has successfully passed the ridiculous mark.   

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #363 on: July 20, 2018, 04:30:22 AM »
Quote from: bigtex

[/quote
Sheriff Rogers (and others) has also deputized USFS and DNR LEOs in his county giving them countywide authority instead of authority just on their agency lands.

It's amazing how many sheriffs portray themselves as "anti-fed" yet work with the feds all the time, including even deputizing them. Sheriff's are politicians, they know what they need to say to get elected.

Not entirely true. Only one USFS LEO is cross commissioned in Okanogan County. This is so USFS can handle incidents on Forrest service campgrounds and such. NO DNR employees are commissioned under sheriff Rogers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not according to DNR. According to DNR their LEOs are deputized in Okanogan. And I was provided with the MOU.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #364 on: July 20, 2018, 04:33:52 AM »

Lets focus on the discrepancies  that are plausible, known and provable.

Bigtex stated that the usfs wouldn't be doing salmon survey work, NOAA would.  One of the rescue crew in the chopper said there was a  directional antenna.  The lady is said to work for USFS from Utah, and the WDFW tried to cancel the help rescue.

I didn't say USFS wouldn't be doing salmon survey work. I said USFWS wouldn't be doing it. USFS has biologists for fish/wildlife on their lands, just like other agencies.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #365 on: July 20, 2018, 06:30:54 AM »
I think the public should be informed of any and all wolf attacks in Washington. The WDFW, USFWS, DNR etc work for us. They report on every coyote sighting in Seattle and call out the SWAT teams and plaster it all over the news,,,,,,

Also @wolfbait

WDFW is mandated to report dangerous wildlife incidents (involving cougar, grizzly bear, and wolves). Maps and summaries, with stars for incidents in the past year. The whole nine yards at your fingertips! Now don't get too worked up yet just because this recent incident isn't uploaded on the site. I'm guessing it would be on there soon once all the facts and stories get straightened out.

https://wdfw.wa.gov/living/dangerous/reports/index.php

Yep, I have watched their reporting in the past, funny how lacking it is, like there wolf count.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #366 on: July 20, 2018, 06:43:02 AM »

Bigtex stated that the usfs wouldn't be doing salmon survey work, NOAA would.  One of the rescue crew in the chopper said there was a  directional antenna.  The lady is said to work for USFS from Utah, and the WDFW tried to cancel the help rescue.

I didn't say USFS wouldn't be doing salmon survey work. I said USFWS wouldn't be doing it. USFS has biologists for fish/wildlife on their lands, just like other agencies.

I'm sorry your response confuses me.can you restate?

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #367 on: July 20, 2018, 06:52:56 AM »

Please elucidate.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #368 on: July 20, 2018, 07:04:05 AM »

I'm sorry your response confuses me.can you restate?

US Fish & Wildlife (USFWS) wouldn't be doing a salmon survey, especially in that area.

NOAA would do a salmon survey since they are the federal managers of salmon.

US Forest Service (USFS) has fisheries biologists and could be doing salmon surveys (or surveys for anything) on the rivers/creeeks/lakes that are in National Forests.

The individual who was airlifted was a USFS employee.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #369 on: July 20, 2018, 07:31:30 AM »
Wolfbait, is there an article or a news release you can source where WDFW ever said that wolves are timid and don’t pose a potential danger to humans? They’re cute and cuddly like little  golden labradoodles? Please provide this source if it exists.

Wolves are shy by nature and avoid contact with humans

https://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_wolf/wolves_in_washington.html

Wild wolves generally fear and avoid people, rarely posing a threat to human safety.

https://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_wolf/humans_pets.html

It's not a wonder that so many people think wolves don't pose any threat, if WDFW would have been honest and reported on the many wolf/human attacks etc. they would have to change their story, and the public would be educated enough to know that wolves do attack/stalk people.

Due to the introduction of wolves in WA and WDFW protecting cougars, life is completely different in the woods than when I grew up, and some day, I hate to say, a wolf attack won't come out with the wolves being driven off.

WDFW should be honest and educate the public as to the dangers of wolves, not continue with the line that wolves are shy and avoid people.

This little discussion we are having isn't about lackies for WDFW or hippies from the westside, it is about WDFW refusing to "honestly" report ALL wolf/human wolf attacks and all the people that believe wolves are shy and avoid humans.

It's a common sense issue jack, it's not about you being the poor picked-on victim.

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #370 on: July 20, 2018, 07:49:08 AM »
Wolfbait, is there an article or a news release you can source where WDFW ever said that wolves are timid and don’t pose a potential danger to humans? They’re cute and cuddly like little  golden labradoodles? Please provide this source if it exists.

Wolves are shy by nature and avoid contact with humans

https://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_wolf/wolves_in_washington.html

Wild wolves generally fear and avoid people, rarely posing a threat to human safety.

https://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_wolf/humans_pets.html

It's not a wonder that so many people think wolves don't pose any threat, if WDFW would have been honest and reported on the many wolf/human attacks etc. they would have to change their story, and the public would be educated enough to know that wolves do attack/stalk people.

Due to the introduction of wolves in WA and WDFW protecting cougars, life is completely different in the woods than when I grew up, and some day, I hate to say, a wolf attack won't come out with the wolves being driven off.

WDFW should be honest and educate the public as to the dangers of wolves, not continue with the line that wolves are shy and avoid people.

This little discussion we are having isn't about lackies for WDFW or hippies from the westside, it is about WDFW refusing to "honestly" report ALL wolf/human wolf attacks and all the people that believe wolves are shy and avoid humans.

It's a common sense issue jack, it's not about you being the poor picked-on victim.
Neither of the statements you provided is false.  In fact, to anyone with real world experience in wolf country they are spot on.  Wolves generally avoid people and rarely pose a threat to human safety.  This goes for many other predators such as bears and cougars.  However, any of those animals are more than capable of easily killing a human in the blink of an eye. 

With respect to wolves, in nearly 25 years since re-introduction into Idaho and a population that exploded...there have been no human fatalities.  Not saying it can't happen, but lets be realistic here...the honesty needs to work both ways, including from people like you who simply drum up false fear to push an agenda.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #371 on: July 20, 2018, 07:50:31 AM »

Please elucidate.
+1 ridiculous mark maybe a under statement,
She must be a skinny cougar to be climbing trees. :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 07:58:12 AM by hunter399 »
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #372 on: July 20, 2018, 07:57:51 AM »
Going back in history, the threats to human safety are pretty rare, wolfbait.

I don't disagree that the woods are different these days. There are definitely predator issues and more potential for predator/people issues... I don't agree that any of those articles say that wolves aren't potentially dangerous to people. I read that as saying generally they are shy and avoid people. I believe that generally that is accurate. Could just be the way I'm reading into it versus the way you're reading into it.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #373 on: July 20, 2018, 08:24:48 AM »
Going back in history, the threats to human safety are pretty rare, wolfbait.

I don't disagree that the woods are different these days. There are definitely predator issues and more potential for predator/people issues... I don't agree that any of those articles say that wolves aren't potentially dangerous to people. I read that as saying generally they are shy and avoid people. I believe that generally that is accurate. Could just be the way I'm reading into it versus the way you're reading into it.

Wolf attacks in the US are rare because we killed them when we saw them. They learned to fear us and stayed out of our way and range. We've always been armed and we've always killed wolves. That's not true anymore. In states where they're protected, they have no reason to fear humans. If you read about wolves that aren't threatened by the local residents, attacks are not only not rare but common. Russia has a lengthy history of disarmed citizens who need the government to come in every couple of decades to clear them out from small villages that are threatened and their residents attacked. Iran, Scandinavia, and Kazakhstan have similar cycles and many wolf attacks on record. The state of WA is being irresponsible. They've eliminated any fear these wolves have of people by continuing to protect them, even while their population has grown far beyond the need. At the same time, they continue to push the narrative that wolves avoid people and aren't a threat. It's not true and incidents like this one will increase...and I guarantee that sooner or later, people will be attacked and killed. The information is out there if you're interested in having it.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #374 on: July 20, 2018, 08:29:01 AM »
Certainly rare and definitely probable. Any missing persons in NE WA.  Most of wolf take is never seen.  Be careful out their.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]