collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolves tree DNR worker in Okanogan county  (Read 75529 times)

Offline Alchase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
Re: Wolves tree DNR worker in Okanogan county
« Reply #510 on: August 06, 2018, 07:12:16 PM »
Bigtex has been a great asset for us on Hunting Washington over the years.
I have found that he is a straight shooter, and tells it like it is from an insiders point of view.
He has disagreed with many things the WDFW has done over the years.
You may disagree with him, but he tells the side of the story we don't usually get to see.
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline bracer40

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #511 on: August 06, 2018, 08:03:34 PM »
I have found that he is a straight shooter, and tells it like it is from an insiders point of view.
You may disagree with him, but he tells the side of the story we don't usually get to see.

Absolutely agree with this. I know we all have our unique set of beliefs, bias’s and opinions....but I have always appreciated Big Tex’s factual and informative posts on every topic I’ve seen him chime in on. I can’t imagine how difficult it would be to work for an organization that seems to squander away the resources we all love to enjoy and recreate in.
#BigTex: Thank You!
“Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun.”
― Groucho Marx

Offline dontgetcrabs

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #512 on: August 06, 2018, 08:37:17 PM »

Like what?

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #513 on: August 06, 2018, 08:40:11 PM »
The wolf consultant kool aid must be working.....on WDFW.

I am wondering does WDFW actually think wolves are harmless?  Or were they hoping for the best, fearing the worst that they would have to call in their extra expensive helo snipers and then get yelled at by the legislature (Ranker) and Inslee?

If they would have to shoot a wolf you can bet, it would turn out to be the breeding female, even if it had the twig and berries.

Mech said, what turn the public against wolves was lack of wolf control, we are now past that stage. Few more incidences like the last one and the public might take stronger action without WDF&Wolves approval, or WDFW might realize they have to step up delisting-Doubtful.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #514 on: August 06, 2018, 09:37:34 PM »

Absolutely agree with this. I know we all have our unique set of beliefs, bias’s and opinions....but I have always appreciated Big Tex’s factual and informative posts on every topic I’ve seen him chime in on. I can’t imagine how difficult it would be to work for an organization that seems to squander away the resources we all love to enjoy and recreate in.
#BigTex: Thank You!

Bigtex has provided actual information on LOTS of topics on this board.

He is absolutely a great resource.

I doubt I'd ever agree with anyone 100%, but he posts lots of flat fact.... not just opinion.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Online bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #515 on: August 07, 2018, 07:47:21 AM »
The wolf consultant kool aid must be working.....on WDFW.

I am wondering does WDFW actually think wolves are harmless?  Or were they hoping for the best, fearing the worst that they would have to call in their extra expensive helo snipers and then get yelled at by the legislature (Ranker) and Inslee?

If they would have to shoot a wolf you can bet, it would turn out to be the breeding female, even if it had the twig and berries.

Mech said, what turn the public against wolves was lack of wolf control, we are now past that stage. Few more incidences like the last one and the public might take stronger action without WDF&Wolves approval, or WDFW might realize they have to step up delisting-Doubtful.

Well. theres going to be more run-ins with these things, like I said awhile ago (for at least the Methow) its just a matter of time before something even worse happens with wolves involved. The amount of hikers, cross country skiers, joggers etc.that are out there is growing not to mention hunters, backcountry fisherman and other recreation that is booming here. I really think more of this stuff will increase and chances are the outcomes will be worse eventually. The Methow Valley along with its growing recreational opportunities and a growing population is really the last place apex predators should be being protected and nurtured, someone will eventually need to be held accountable when the unthinkable happens.... :twocents:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:04:26 AM by bigmacc »

Offline Alpine Mojo

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #516 on: August 07, 2018, 03:57:35 PM »
Well. theres going to be more run-ins with these things, like I said awhile ago (for at least the Methow) its just a matter of time before something even worse happens with wolves involved. The amount of hikers, cross country skiers, joggers etc.that are out there is growing not to mention hunters, backcountry fisherman and other recreation that is booming here. I really think more of this stuff will increase and chances are the outcomes will be worse eventually. The Methow Valley along with its growing recreational opportunities and a growing population is really the last place apex predators should be being protected and nurtured, someone will eventually need to be held accountable when the unthinkable happens.... :twocents:

Once the government has determined that human life is less important than an endangered species, no one will be held accountable.
Friend: "Are you free tonight?"
Me:  (Gazing into the distance as a bald eagle screeches)  "I'm always free"

Offline buglebrush

• Sourdough
« Reply #517 on: August 07, 2018, 10:46:25 PM »
"because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen." - Romans 1:25

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #518 on: August 08, 2018, 10:08:58 PM »

Rescue response delayed for woman treed by wolves in Washington
https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/rescue-response-delayed-for-woman-treed-by-wolves-in-washington/277-580035863

Waiting to see how Bigtex tries to spin this.

Bigtex is a huge asset to this community and he has my thanks for participating. Certainly none of us share all the same views, that's just life, but bigtex deserves a lot of credit for all the great info he shares with everyone on this forum!

Thanks bigtex  :hello:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #519 on: August 11, 2018, 08:43:02 AM »

Rescue response delayed for woman treed by wolves in Washington
https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/rescue-response-delayed-for-woman-treed-by-wolves-in-washington/277-580035863

Waiting to see how Bigtex tries to spin this.

Lame.

If there's anyone on the forum that doesn't deserve an insult like that, it's Bigtex.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Alpine Mojo

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #520 on: August 11, 2018, 05:19:27 PM »
I think it is despicable that a government agency would prioritize anything in front of human life.  It is indefensible to think that human life is less important than any wildlife, endangered species or not.  What if it was a family member of yours?  Wife or daughter?  When the rescue efforts were told to "stand down"?  You would have a very different point of view.  Think before you run your mouth off in defense of others.
Friend: "Are you free tonight?"
Me:  (Gazing into the distance as a bald eagle screeches)  "I'm always free"

Offline gaddy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #521 on: August 11, 2018, 06:31:05 PM »
From every thing I have seen, Bigtex doesn't "Spin " things. He will tell you what is or isn't and I appreciate that. It is up to you to believe or not. As others have said-- Thanks Bigtex for your input.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #522 on: August 11, 2018, 06:43:43 PM »
I think it is despicable that a government agency would prioritize anything in front of human life.  It is indefensible to think that human life is less important than any wildlife, endangered species or not.  What if it was a family member of yours?  Wife or daughter?  When the rescue efforts were told to "stand down"?  You would have a very different point of view.  Think before you run your mouth off in defense of others.

Do you have any inside information that allows you to understand the nature of the "stand down" order?

I've seen other stand downs for lots of reasons......  usually confusion and lack of coherent information.

I'm not picking a fight here.   If there is other info that shows that leadership ordered te stand down knowing they were putting human life at risk for the sake of  a wolf, I'd like to see it.

Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #523 on: August 11, 2018, 08:11:39 PM »
Won’t need to worry about these wolves anymore.   New fire and it’s ripping I guess.

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #524 on: August 11, 2018, 08:24:28 PM »
From every thing I have seen, Bigtex doesn't "Spin " things. He will tell you what is or isn't and I appreciate that. It is up to you to believe or not. As others have said-- Thanks Bigtex for your input.

Agree, any spin comes from your own mind.
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10