collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Get ready for Washington State hunting licenses to skyrocket!!!!  (Read 16587 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Re: Get ready for Washington State hunting licenses to skyrocket!!!!
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2018, 02:37:03 PM »
Name a hunting and fishing group that is doing enough and i'll join it.Problem is none of them are doing what needs to be done at a state level.some are at a federal level but still not enough

Sportsmen's Alliance I think is pretty good.

I agree, SCI also does a great job as does Washingtonians on some Washington issues.

But these groups are all limited by manpower and dollars. Joining helps, complaining and doing nothing does not help anyone or any wildlife.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2018, 02:41:03 PM »
Complaining doesn't help?I beg to differ.That;s exactly how the antis have gotten as far as they have.If you think the inner city groups that are doing a lot of damage are donating you are very wrong.These groups that keep being brought up have money interest pure and simple,It's never enough.Always we need more more more.What we need is to unite as sportsman and women and form a union.I believe this is the only way.  :twocents:
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2018, 02:48:26 PM »
Have any of these groups done anything like a video of wolves running down elk just for sport?

Any videos on cougar attacks on humans and the devastation it has like MADD with drinking and driving?

Videos done by these groups showing Grizzly attacks.

Videos put together of the waste of salmon and steel head after spawning how they just die and go to waste?

Videos done to show the nuisance of the seals to fisherman,boaters,etc?

No.then their not doing enough for the money.   :twocents:
"Boss of the woods"

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2018, 02:53:09 PM »
Everyone saying there are to many groups doing the same things in Olympia should agree with this 100%.All of these groups that get brought up are dividing the money and man power to fight the fight for us.We should want more anti groups and less pro groups dividing forces.If all was united into one group by us we would have a very strong force in Olympia.  :tup:
"Boss of the woods"

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2018, 03:00:15 PM »
Complaining doesn't help?I beg to differ.That;s exactly how the antis have gotten as far as they have.If you think the inner city groups that are doing a lot of damage are donating you are very wrong.These groups that keep being brought up have money interest pure and simple,It's never enough.Always we need more more more.What we need is to unite as sportsman and women and form a union.I believe this is the only way.  :twocents:

I complain as much as anyone about WDFW, but I have put in my time at meetings and I have strongly supported many of the groups who support hunting. If you don't support the groups who do all the work or if you don't go to the commission meetings yourself and testify, you really have no room to complain! Only you know if that applies to you or not, but that's my thoughts on the subject. Having been involved in groups, I can tell you they all could use more volunteers and dollars to work with. Less money and less volunteers means less gets done! I will continue to support numerous groups who seem to be effective for hunters and our 2nd Amendment!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2018, 03:03:10 PM »
I'll continue to predator hunt WA, but I'm not buying any quality hunt or oil tags.   

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2018, 03:04:29 PM »
I agree that's why i feel i am allowed to complain.I go to the meetings and there i also see the divided hunters.I am member of a few groups of which i have and am still advocating to get combined.On here right now and in other places as well.

Until the hunting and fishing groups combine we will always be to small with too little funding to make a difference.  :twocents:

BY THE WAY EVERY GROUP OUT THERE WISHES THEY WERE THE ONLY GROUP FOR THIS VERY REASON.
"Boss of the woods"

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2018, 03:14:53 PM »
Name a hunting and fishing group that is doing enough and i'll join it.Problem is none of them are doing what needs to be done at a state level.some are at a federal level but still not enough

Sportsmen's Alliance I think is pretty good.

I agree, SCI also does a great job as does Washingtonians on some Washington issues.

But these groups are all limited by manpower and dollars. Joining helps, complaining and doing nothing does not help anyone or any wildlife.
Agreed on both points. It is obvious that a few on here have no idea how much work has been and is currently being done by some groups to support hunting and defeat anti-hunting measures in Olympia.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2018, 03:17:26 PM »
Are they pushing for laws to return on harassment of hunters and fishermen?
The law never went away, at least not in WA.....

RCW 77.15.210 & RCW 77.15.180

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2018, 03:20:43 PM »
and a few of us do know how much they are actually doing.How much of the member dollars are spent traveling and paying att. fees,,,,all divided."1 GROUP 1 GROUP OF ATT. 1 EXPENSE. IT IS SIMPLE MATH".

bigtex i will check,i brought that up using what i though certain you said in a discussion  before.If wrong ok,I will check.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 04:19:19 PM by Oh Mah »
"Boss of the woods"

Offline winshooter88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2018, 04:21:29 PM »
One thing to watch out for in the fee increase proposal is giving WDFW the authority to raise fees every other year for cost of living, this was part of the last fee increase proposal and would mean that they could increase fees without any public comment and without going to the legislature with a new budget request. If they get this through then fees would be increased every other year pretty much automatically. You have to watch the fine print.

Online bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2018, 04:37:08 PM »
Just my opinion here, lets face it for awhile now the government of the state of Washington along with the WDFW and "others" :dunno: have ever so slowly been trying to erode hunting in this state. Apex predators being coddled, protected and even nurtured to the point of booming numbers that are a direct competitor to us as hunters. Ungulate numbers that are dropping fast, some deer and elk herds in parts of the state that were looked at as "cash cows" for selling tags and licenses are now only memories of the once thriving herds they once were. An agency (Dept. of Game)that once looked over and watched over our herds to offer quality hunting to the sportsmen and women of this state that morphed into the WDFW which have way to many irons in the fire that actually are hurting our ungulate hunting and devesting some of our deer and elk herds. Over the years some of their statements, actions and programs have slowly led to mistrust by a large number of the hunting and fishing community. Now start the increases while offering an "inferior product" and so on, etc. etc. etc. Its a classic formula of trying to kill something, raise the price every once in awhile and slowly over years let your product keep deteriorating. I wonder what hunting will look like in this state in the next 20 years or so, at the rate its going it may be close to non existent, I just remember what it looked like 20 or 30 years ago compared to now.....its a crying shame, I,m afraid this state will eventually get what it wants..... :twocents:

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2018, 04:40:32 PM »
exactly  :yeah:
"Boss of the woods"

Offline gaddy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2018, 04:59:35 PM »
I often ask myself, What do the actual enforcement officers think of the policies they are to enforce. And how would they go about it differently. I know many are hunters and fishermen, worried about the future of hunting and fishing for their family and kids. I hear ( on tv ) that is why they got into the field in the first place. Would it not be wise to listen to their voices, they are the ones in the field every day. They see what is going on, on a daily basis. They have to have an opinion. If I were a manager, ( the state or commissioner or what ever ) I would surely want the opinions of those doing the work as to how to make things better, more efficient etc...

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2018, 05:03:58 PM »
I often ask myself, What do the actual enforcement officers think of the policies they are to enforce. And how would they go about it differently. I know many are hunters and fishermen, worried about the future of hunting and fishing for their family and kids. I hear ( on tv ) that is why they got into the field in the first place. Would it not be wise to listen to their voices, they are the ones in the field every day. They see what is going on, on a daily basis. They have to have an opinion. If I were a manager, ( the state or commissioner or what ever ) I would surely want the opinions of those doing the work as to how to make things better, more efficient etc...
This is exactly what o brought up in the other thread,Either the state is not listening to the ones that know the most or the ones that know are not advocating for the animals.Maybe in fear of retaliation from the antis in such an anti environment.If this is the case these game officers could garner a lot more support from the hunters and fishermen than they currently are receiving.We all know how things are these days,no one wants to speaj up.They will get slammed by the elites.
"Boss of the woods"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]