collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Temporary Disability?  (Read 4762 times)

Offline biggfish

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA
Re: Temporary Disability?
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 09:17:28 PM »
Hmmmmm. I got 100% total disability because of my knee, not replaced, and 25% whole body to go along with that.

The doctor has to fill out a form from the WDFW and send it in stating your disability. That's what mine did.. :dunno:
I'm just taking a guess but that sounds military related, only place I know of that grades disabilities with percent.

To the op I was told that if its not military disability as long as you qualify for a permanent placard you can get disabled status.

Sent from my LG-US701 using Tapatalk

Now then, get your equipment—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.  Gen. 27:3

Offline davef

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Tracker
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 10:40:26 PM »
Really it all boils down to what your doctor thinks based on wdfw requirements. My father lost a few toes and now he cant walk very far so his mobility is limited. He got his disability card no problem.
There is a higher level of disability that qualifies you to have access to closed roads and certain areas but they expect you to be in a wheel chair and unable to walk.
Atleast that's how I understood it all.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2018, 05:53:10 AM »
Hmmm. I have to check into this more. I have both artificial hip and right elbow and I was told by a game warden that it required a significant degree of decrease in mobility.

Interesting

"A person who has permanent non-operable physical lower extremity impairment and is not ambulatory over natural terrain without a lower extremity prosthesis"

The warden got it wrong.  An artificial joint is a prosthesis.

Yes, he was wrong. And once you have the designation, you're able to use any service available to disabled hunters in the state - Companion hunter, key access, special blinds, etc.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline dewandgin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 05:55:46 PM »
Hmmm. I have to check into this more. I have both artificial hips and right elbow and I was told by a game warden that it required a significant degree of decrease in mobility.

Interesting

"A person who has permanent non-operable physical lower extremity impairment and is not ambulatory over natural terrain without a lower extremity prosthesis"

The warden got it wrong.  An artificial joint is a prosthesis.

Yes, he was wrong. And once you have the designation, you're able to use any service available to disabled hunters in the state - Companion hunter, key access, special blinds, etc.

Thank you for the information. I will get to looking into how to get this accomplished.

In the wardens defense, he stopped my brother and I as we were packing a bull out of a canyon in the Ryderwood unit and had watched us for a hr or so climbing out of a hell hole with full packs.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2018, 07:24:06 PM »
Hmmmmm. I got 100% total disability because of my knee, not replaced, and 25% whole body to go along with that.

The doctor has to fill out a form from the WDFW and send it in stating your disability. That's what mine did.. :dunno:
I'm just taking a guess but that sounds military related, only place I know of that grades disabilities with percent.

To the op I was told that if its not military disability as long as you qualify for a permanent placard you can get disabled status.

Sent from my LG-US701 using Tapatalk

No sir. All Washington State LNI.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Thehowler

• Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2018, 11:18:32 AM »
Would ankle fusion surgery qualify for the disability card?
MAGA, Never give up.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2018, 01:15:30 PM »
Would ankle fusion surgery qualify for the disability card?

I think it would. Does it limit your mobility and does your doctor agree with the WDFW questionnaire ?

Offline Thehowler

• Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2018, 03:03:56 PM »
Definitely limits my mobility over ruff terrain. After a  day of hiking, I’m nursing a sore foot for a couple days for sure.
Haven’t gone that far with the doc and the questionnaire yet. Never thought I would qualify.
MAGA, Never give up.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2018, 03:29:50 PM »
Definitely limits my mobility over ruff terrain. After a  day of hiking, I’m nursing a sore foot for a couple days for sure.
Haven’t gone that far with the doc and the questionnaire yet. Never thought I would qualify.

I takes about 5 minutes to fill out. Make sure you sign and date it. Mail it to your doctor with a pre-addressed stamped envelope to the WDFW. Call him ahead of time to let him know what he needs to do. Once Olympia gets it, you'll know right away if you're qualified and they'll send you what you need. It sounds like you might qualify. There's zero reason not to at least apply.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline robb92

• Frontiersman
  • Location: Spokane Wa, Andrews AFB, Maryland and King George, VA
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2018, 04:10:26 PM »
I faxed in my paperwork and it was approved the same day, this was for military disability, I recently broke my foot and had surgery, I can't put any weight on it for another two weeks, this will limit my hunting season,  and I reached out to get clarification, and all they told me was since this will be a permanent issue for me I would be eligible for all the benifits afforded disabled hunters on top of what I was already getting.
"ITS NOT WHAT THE WISE MAN SAYS BUT WHAT THE WISE MAN DOES IN HIS LIFE THAT MATTERS"

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2018, 06:40:12 AM »
I faxed in my paperwork and it was approved the same day, this was for military disability, I recently broke my foot and had surgery, I can't put any weight on it for another two weeks, this will limit my hunting season,  and I reached out to get clarification, and all they told me was since this will be a permanent issue for me I would be eligible for all the benifits afforded disabled hunters on top of what I was already getting.

I'm glad they took care of you. Sorry you got hurt serving us. You've already sacrificed more for our country than 95% of our population. Thank you for your service.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2018, 09:08:11 PM »
My 25% whole body was from LNI, So I don't know if that played a factor in it or not....... :dunno:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Yesterday at 09:12:44 PM]