collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: looking for a hunting/outdoors partner  (Read 4437 times)

Offline PancakePlatoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
looking for a hunting/outdoors partner
« on: July 31, 2018, 06:05:03 PM »
here is the sales pitch.... that ended up sounding like a dating profile...

I am 28, married, live near Federal way, usually hunt gmu 340/342, have a good job with plenty of vacation time, and drink occasionally

i am looking for somebody or maybe a group of people of similar age with common intrests to spend time with in and out of the field. I have several recurves, shotguns, rifles, backpacks, etc... so if you want to hunt or fish and dont have the gear, i got it. 

i am not really looking for someone brand new with no experience, but if thats the case, and we get along thats cool.

I have been hunting and fishing all my life. I have not yet killed a deer, elk or bear. I have had shots and plenty of opportunity, just have not connected. I mostly hunt traditional archery. i am not opposed to the other ways.

Outdoor activites include hiking, camping, fishing, coyote, archery elk, archery deer, grouse, quail, turkey.

I have a yellow lab for bird hunting, a small aluminum boat for fishing, and a 4x4 truck.
I am getting into long range shooting and reload my own bullets.

basically i like the outdoors and my wife doesn't like me hunting on my own, so i am looking for a partner.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: looking for a hunting/outdoors partner
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 07:21:11 AM »
I'm not near you but welcome to the forum. I'm also older than dirt. Good luck finding a partner.  :tup:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Online MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 07:28:04 AM »
Yup welcome
old guy here also
usually go alone, my wife dont like it either
heading solo to Lewis river this year for archery elk
if your in to a westside hunt your more than welcome to meet up
I'll be in there a couple weeks RV camp and hunting the general area south of Randle
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline Ben Roberts

• Pilgrim
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 06:53:05 AM »
I'll be archery hunting elk on the west side this year, i'm 4 years into my hunting career, 2 bucks harvested, 38 years young, can hike and bike 12 mile days, also looking to find like minded folks to partner up with. let me know if you're interested, or anyone else who reads this post.

Offline Drysider

• Pilgrim
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 07:58:53 PM »
I'll be archery hunting elk on the west side this year, i'm 4 years into my hunting career, 2 bucks harvested, 38 years young, can hike and bike 12 mile days, also looking to find like minded folks to partner up with. let me know if you're interested, or anyone else who reads this post.

Moved from Ellensburg to the Vancouver area this spring, and my huntin and fishin partner moved back home to Montana (he made the better decision! 🙂) which meant  I hunted alone this year.  We have similar experience and are similar in age(47).  I too am an Adult Onset Hunter.  I am a member of BHA and am an ardent supporter of our Public Lands.  If that sounds like it lines up with your values, shoot me a PM.  Boy that sounds like a Dating Profile🤣

Offline oldschool

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 05:40:54 AM »
 welcome to the forum.

Offline trapp01

• Hunter
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 07:29:06 AM »
Instagram, Facebook? Without these on your dating profile, your automatically assumed a serial killer. At least that’s what the single ladies say.

Offline KevrosWanderin

• I cant get enough!
  • Tracker
  • Groups: BHA, RMEF, NRA, WA Bow Hunters, Puget Sound Anglers
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 07:23:47 AM »
It is funny how much all of this is like a dating profile  :chuckle: . We moved here Sept. 2017. Originally from central MO I grew up small game hunting and whitetail hunting. I am not good sitting all day though. I have harvested many deer over the years with a compound and rifle. I like the idea and am working on gearing up for backpack style hunting. I am married with two kids. 35yo My wife and oldest daughter hunted in Missouri. Here, they are not interested in backpacking miles into the wilderness to sleep on the ground. I should state I know that is not the only way to hunt here. I have a newly added close friend that likes to hike with me. He is very interested in hunting with me anytime I go. He is just not interested in harvesting his own animals. I have thought of posting on here the question/invitation of getting together over coffee. In Florida I belonged to a fishing group. Once a month they met up for breakfast at this little coffee shop. It was a chance to talk to members, share stories, and normally get invited or invite a fishing trip. Just a idea.
While inexperienced, a open mind, a will to learn, and the drive to achieve what you dream about. You can do anything. Persistence is key. Some dream of wealth or material things. I dream of experiences and wild places

Offline ashbeckt253

• Pilgrim
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 09:40:46 PM »
Pm sent

Offline KevrosWanderin

• I cant get enough!
  • Tracker
  • Groups: BHA, RMEF, NRA, WA Bow Hunters, Puget Sound Anglers
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 04:57:53 PM »
Just to show im not a serial killer.  :chuckle:
https://www.facebook.com/spencer.collier.96

LMAO This is great. I was just telling my wife about a episode of HUSHIN on youtube where the bearded guy flys to like New Mexico I think to meet up with the tall skinny guy. It was their first time meeting in person. Both of their wifes where worried they were meeting a serial killer. lol
While inexperienced, a open mind, a will to learn, and the drive to achieve what you dream about. You can do anything. Persistence is key. Some dream of wealth or material things. I dream of experiences and wild places

Offline mikefinchmp

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: NRA, Texas hunting forum
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 06:54:45 AM »
If you have not found anyone let me know.. I am 38 but act 30 and have hunted in TX but not in washington.. I also fish, and go crabbing.. But I know very little about the hunting rules and where to go up here..

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Mtnwalker
[Today at 05:24:30 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 05:23:46 PM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:12:42 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]