collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New to PNW Bow Hunting  (Read 5267 times)

Offline WYOLawton22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
New to PNW Bow Hunting
« on: August 07, 2018, 03:13:10 PM »
Hey Yall!

I recently moved to PNW from Wyoming and decided to trade in the rifle for a bow in attempt to avoid the crowds. I was hoping someone could help me understand some good areas within 2-4 hours of Seattle that may offer some good deer potentials? I understand NOONE wants to give up their secret stash but if anyone can help me out with general game units or areas I would really appreciate it. I am ready to hike as far off grid as needed!

Can trade Wyoming Hunting secrets for Washington one : )

Thanks in advance 

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: New to PNW Bow Hunting
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 09:26:55 AM »
Wyoming to Seattle, ouch!!!  Roosevelts, coastal elk, and blacktail close by.  Check the harvest reports for GMUs to get started.

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
Re: New to PNW Bow Hunting
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 09:33:35 AM »
Do you have a species you are planning on focusing on? Within 4 hours of Seattle will get you into good Mule Deer habitat, and probably closer to what you are used to landscape wise.

There is decent Blacktail hunting and Roosevelt elk hunting on the west side, but lots of private timberland that requires passes. There is plenty of public land as well. In reality, most of the public land in Western WA has pretty good Blacktail numbers, it just takes getting in there and finding them.

The SW WA units like Williams Creek, have some of the best success rates on Blacktail, and you can find good bucks in there. This is one of the areas that is mainly private timber land though and you would need to purchase a pass for most of it. North and East of you is a fair amount of National Forest and DNR land. If it's actively logged, there will be deer around.
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal