collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Tall/slender long-sleeve sizing  (Read 918 times)

Offline chiwawadan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Tall/slender long-sleeve sizing
« on: August 14, 2018, 01:42:43 PM »
Hello to those of you folks with similar issues: I'm a fairly tall (6'2-6'3" depending on what doctor measures) slender fellow who is generally bummed out by most regular clothing sizing.

When I buy a (non-fitted!) button-up shirt, for example, Medium fits my build best, but the arms are always absurdly short. Large is often too baggy for my taste. A medium with longer sleeves would be the proper fit. Kuiu size Large, for example, with its athletic fit, works great and has good arm length for me.

My question is this: Where can I find some long-sleeve shirts with decent sleeve length or this Kuiu-like fit? Without going to a tailor, preferably! Has anyone similar found some solutions? Brands or stores with the right size? I like to wear button-up long-sleeves, generally. Casual, flannel, and semi-formal. Formal sizing tends to be easier since they have fitted clothes.

Any suggestions?

Offline aaronoto

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Re: Tall/slender long-sleeve sizing
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 06:14:40 PM »
I feel your pain...  Don't laugh, but Nordstroms... specifically their Nordstrom's branded shirts.  The only casual shirts that I've found locally that actually have sleeves long enough but are athletic fit in the body.  Their Nordstrom's branded stuff isn't priced too bad as well, and it's actually one of the only shirts that truly stays wrinkle free after years of washing.  Also, LL Bean.  They seem to understand that just because you're tall doesn't mean you weigh 300 lbs - they make their slim/athletic fit shirts in tall sizes that you can order in a medium.  Most places I've found don't let you order tall sizes in anything but L or bigger.

Offline chiwawadan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: Tall/slender long-sleeve sizing
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 09:01:13 AM »
I feel your pain...  Don't laugh, but Nordstroms... specifically their Nordstrom's branded shirts.  The only casual shirts that I've found locally that actually have sleeves long enough but are athletic fit in the body.  Their Nordstrom's branded stuff isn't priced too bad as well, and it's actually one of the only shirts that truly stays wrinkle free after years of washing.  Also, LL Bean.  They seem to understand that just because you're tall doesn't mean you weigh 300 lbs - they make their slim/athletic fit shirts in tall sizes that you can order in a medium.  Most places I've found don't let you order tall sizes in anything but L or bigger.
I couldn't tell you the last time I've been to a Nordstrom's... Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal