collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Cows killed in eastern Washington  (Read 8065 times)

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Cows killed in eastern Washington
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2018, 10:07:34 AM »
Wonder where Washington fish and predators is going to get their revenue from when hunters can’t hunt deer and elk, certainly not from the anti’s.

Taxpayers, look at WDF&wolves thirty year plan, pairing up some of the same partners they have now, CNW, DoW etc..

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2018, 10:33:48 AM »
You see, some of you guys are the problem, and why WDFW has contracted a expert mediator to help hunters and wolf lovers coexist and communicate better........at such a bargain basement salary!

If it wasn't for your piss poor attitudes, this expert wouldn't have been needed, and the WDFW budget wouldn't have been as taxed as its been.

You’re joking right? You honestly think the mediator is the reason the wdfws budget is taxed? :dunno: they have dumped so much money into the wolf program it’s not even funny. They are light years behind Idaho when it comes to management and I honestly would not be surprised if there never is a solid program in place. They’re just to pretty to kill.

Do you know how much $$ they have dumped into the wolves?  By year or total?  I'm honestly curious and couldn't find anything in their budget breakdowns.

I hit them up aggressively trying to get this information during the comment period about fee increases and their budget shortfal.  KirkL on here was even more aggressive than I was.  They never responded, not even ballpark.

Offline WSU

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2018, 10:43:54 AM »
You see, some of you guys are the problem, and why WDFW has contracted a expert mediator to help hunters and wolf lovers coexist and communicate better........at such a bargain basement salary!

If it wasn't for your piss poor attitudes, this expert wouldn't have been needed, and the WDFW budget wouldn't have been as taxed as its been.

You’re joking right? You honestly think the mediator is the reason the wdfws budget is taxed? :dunno: they have dumped so much money into the wolf program it’s not even funny. They are light years behind Idaho when it comes to management and I honestly would not be surprised if there never is a solid program in place. They’re just to pretty to kill.

Do you know how much $$ they have dumped into the wolves?  By year or total?  I'm honestly curious and couldn't find anything in their budget breakdowns.

I hit them up aggressively trying to get this information during the comment period about fee increases and their budget shortfal.  KirkL on here was even more aggressive than I was.  They never responded, not even ballpark.

Did you make a records request?  Feel free to PM me with details.

Offline HighlandLofts

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: WAC,
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2018, 12:24:44 PM »
Those who control this situation need to be relieved of their duty and replaced by people who will give the people who fu d their program a fair shack. I refuse to buy an instate license or permit. I can hunt else where cheaper and with more success. With the predators in this state at an all time high, there is no sense to buy a license here, this department is a joke, laughing stock of the northwest.
WAC
NRA
Walk Light, Carry A Big Stick, Never Walk Away. - Teddy Roosevelt
Don't Take Your Guns To Town.   Johnny Cash

Offline buglebrush

• Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2018, 12:32:51 PM »
Those who control this situation need to be relieved of their duty and replaced by people who will give the people who fu d their program a fair shack. I refuse to buy an instate license or permit. I can hunt else where cheaper and with more success. With the predators in this state at an all time high, there is no sense to buy a license here, this department is a joke, laughing stock of the northwest.

:yeah:

Online bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2018, 12:33:49 PM »

Well, you know what, I can sense your pretty upset but unfortunately you pretty much hit the nail on the head. WDFW caters to other groups besides hunters and fisherman now days, the health of our deer and elk herds for awhile now have taken a back seat to "other" critters.

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2018, 12:42:06 PM »
🤮
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Online bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2018, 02:29:04 PM »

Well, you know what, I can sense your pretty upset but unfortunately you pretty much hit the nail on the head. WDFW caters to other groups besides hunters and fisherman now days, the health of our deer and elk herds for awhile now have taken a back seat to "other" critters.

And I will add, this is why we need a separate Fish and Game dept in this state, I truly cringe buying tags, lic. etc in this state knowing that some of my money, somehow, someway is making its way to supporting the very animals that are in direct conflict with the game I hunt and have drastically reduced my hunting opportunities in this state. If things continue as is and WDFW stay intact as is just imagine what hunting in this state will look like in another 10-20 years. Some of us have seen what has happened in the time since they morphed into the WDFW back in the 90,s, our deer and elk herds have suffered while other animals as well as predators have been coddled and nurtured. Our once thriving Mule deer and elk herds have deteriorated through disease, predation and neglect while millions are spent on predator recovery, frogs, owls, lizards etc. How much is it costing(money, manpower and time)for what they are doing with just cougars in this state let alone wolves and bears, we have seen at least 5-6 different collored cats just in the Methow over the last couple years. Throw in wolf and bear studies, the Grizzly bear crap and money they have to pay for compentsation for killings of livestock and you see how our deer and elk are way down the list...... :twocents:

Offline buglebrush

• Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2018, 06:10:53 PM »

And I will add, this is why we need a separate Fish and Game dept in this state, I truly cringe buying tags, lic. etc in this state knowing that some of my money, somehow, someway is making its way to supporting the very animals that are in direct conflict with the game I hunt and have drastically reduced my hunting opportunities in this state. If things continue as is and WDFW stay intact as is just imagine what hunting in this state will look like in another 10-20 years. Some of us have seen what has happened in the time since they morphed into the WDFW back in the 90,s, our deer and elk herds have suffered while other animals as well as predators have been coddled and nurtured. Our once thriving Mule deer and elk herds have deteriorated through disease, predation and neglect while millions are spent on predator recovery, frogs, owls, lizards etc. How much is it costing(money, manpower and time)for what they are doing with just cougars in this state let alone wolves and bears, we have seen at least 5-6 different collored cats just in the Methow over the last couple years. Throw in wolf and bear studies, the Grizzly bear crap and money they have to pay for compentsation for killings of livestock and you see how our deer and elk are way down the list...... :twocents:
Exactly.  Where's the popcorn Emojis for when the WDFW apologists show up?  :chuckle:

Offline PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Frontiersman

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2018, 10:57:19 AM »
"State mulls killing predatory wolf pack in Eastern Wash"

While WDF&Wolves sit around with head up $$$, more livestock is slaughtered...

The main reason livestock producers don't contact WDFW over wolf problems, wolf recipes don't include any mulling.

When will WDFW be called out on their predator management, versus ungulate management?

Welcome to the fraud and corruption of WA's wolf introduction..

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2018, 11:02:04 AM »

The main reason livestock producers don't contact WDFW over wolf problems, wolf recipes don't include any mulling.

Ehhh...only if you don't count jury deliberations and the free time to mull while sitting in jail figuring out how to pay huge fines.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2018, 06:28:46 PM »

Ehhh...only if you don't count jury deliberations and the free time to mull while sitting in jail figuring out how to pay huge fines.

Do you even know what wolf recipes are? No Gun, No Noise, Just a Matter of When, good luck with that.. :tup:

Kind of like the "migrating" wolves...

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2018, 07:33:09 AM »
https://komonews.com/news/local/state-mulls-killing-predatory-wolf-pack-in-eastern-wash

Local radio was updating the wolf situation this morning! WDFW continues to drop the ball! These wolves have killed 5 times in spite of deterrents being used. The deal was that WDFW would act if wolves killed when deterrents are used but they are not acting. The bottom line, WDFW cannot be trusted to do as they say! The WAG is a joke and has done nothing to better the situation, it's just another million dollar waste of money for more WDFW deception!

A DISGUSTING & SICKENING SITUATION!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2018, 07:44:18 AM »
https://komonews.com/news/local/state-mulls-killing-predatory-wolf-pack-in-eastern-wash

Local radio was updating the wolf situation this morning! WDFW continues to drop the ball! These wolves have killed 5 times in spite of deterrents being used. The deal was that WDFW would act if wolves killed when deterrents are used but they are not acting. The bottom line, WDFW cannot be trusted to do as they say! The WAG is a joke and has done nothing to better the situation, it's just another million dollar waste of money for more WDFW deception!

A DISGUSTING & SICKENING SITUATION!

Can't say we weren't warned, remember all the info. posted on this site, knowing what the wolves were and had been doing in ID, MT, and Wyoming, WDFW came out with the worst wolf plan of any state to date.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]