collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Big Win for the NRA!!!  (Read 9326 times)

Offline WSU

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Big Win for the NRA!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2018, 09:42:09 PM »
Anyone know which judge it was?

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2018, 01:27:50 PM »
So then you like the Second Amendment foundation out of Bellevue, right? I get that you may not like the NRA, and I have mixed feelings, often because they make choices not to get involved when I think they should... if you dont like the NRA,  SAF has  a different focus on the same issue that should align with you if you have troubles with the NRA. 2c

Yeah, I do support them. I've never given money, honestly, but from what I know of them, they seem like a good group of people and reasonable.

You certainly look like a closet anti-gunner when you make comments like that and then support outrageous parts of anti-2A legislation.

I refuse to submit to any kind of litmus test for being a good "2A guy."

:yeah: the 10 day wait across the board sounds reasonable. The other issue ive had is the age limit. When I transitioned from military to civilian life and career I laughed at the age limit for pistols. There were plenty of barney fifes that had no business carrying a firearm and were my superiors and yet here I am half the age and had more training, tighter groups and treated the firearm with more respect and I was the one that was looked at like I didnt know how to handle firearms or shoot them. :bash:

You are kind of making the anti's point for them, there. You were more qualified to have those weapons because you had the training and discipline.

The constitution doesn't mention training the Second Amendment, and I do believe any training requirements would invariably be abused , so I don't support any of that.

But you are playing right into their hand with statements like that.

You would fail a litmus test for being a "good 2A guy". You're not.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2018, 01:56:48 PM »
No on the entire piece.A 10 day wait is 10 days of infringement's on a citizen of this U.S.Unconstitutional period and could be life threatening and is as bad as I-594.

An age requirement of any age is an infringement of any U.S citizens rights.

Any training requirement would be an infringement on any U.S citizens rights.

This whole thing was written,pushed and signed for both Un American and stupid people that signed before reading this.
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2018, 01:59:05 PM »
The 2nd Amendment is a right not a hunting license or other type of license where you agree to abide by certain rules pertaining to the lciense. You are not required to have training to express your first amendment rights, you shouldn't be required to have a license for the 2nd Amendment. When you have to start meeting requirements for rights we are no longer free people with rights!  :twocents:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2018, 02:00:45 PM »
The 2nd Amendment is a right not a hunting license or other type of license where you agree to abide by certain rules pertaining to the lciense. You are not required to have training to express your first amendment rights, you shouldn't be required to have a license for the 2nd Amendment. When you have to start meeting requirements other than citizenship for our constitutional rights we are no longer free people with rights!  :twocents:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2018, 02:21:45 PM »
The 2nd Amendment is a right not a hunting license or other type of license where you agree to abide by certain rules pertaining to the lciense. You are not required to have training to express your first amendment rights, you shouldn't be required to have a license for the 2nd Amendment. When you have to start meeting requirements other than citizenship for our constitutional rights we are no longer free people with rights!  :twocents:
Exactly  :yeah:  :tup:
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline Hi-Liter

• Sourdough
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2018, 11:08:00 PM »
Anyone know which judge it was?

Judge Dixon. Judge Dixon was a former FBI agent.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 11:16:43 PM by Hi-Liter »

Offline SCRUBS

• Longhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2018, 11:19:17 PM »
The 2nd Amendment is a right not a hunting license or other type of license where you agree to abide by certain rules pertaining to the lciense. You are not required to have training to express your first amendment rights, you shouldn't be required to have a license for the 2nd Amendment. When you have to start meeting requirements for rights we are no longer free people with rights!  :twocents:

:yeah: :yeah:

Offline Atroxus

• Sourdough
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2018, 11:07:44 PM »
No on the entire piece.A 10 day wait is 10 days of infringement's on a citizen of this U.S.Unconstitutional period and could be life threatening and is as bad as I-594.

An age requirement of any age is an infringement of any U.S citizens rights.

Any training requirement would be an infringement on any U.S citizens rights.

This whole thing was written,pushed and signed for both Un American and stupid people that signed before reading this.

So you think a 12 year old should be able to walk into any gun store with money they got for Christmases/birthdays and buy any gun they have available, with no restrictions, or any way to prove that they are not going to go home and shoot themselves or someone else? Anyone willing to sell guns to a kid under 18 years old in my opinion is irresponsible at best, or criminally negligent at worst. We have restrictions on the first amendment as well, for example it has been ruled that yelling "Fire" in a crowded theater is not protected speech, nor is making threats.

Personally I consider myself a libertarian and believe less is better when it comes to laws, however I also think that common sense should come into play when deciding what should/should not be legal though.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2018, 06:07:23 AM »
The training thing is a solution without a problem. Are we seeing multiple shootings happening because people aren't trained? No. Is there violence in the streets between lawfully armed Americans? No. Each person has the right to bear arms. None of the 8 individual rights of the Bill of Rights come with stipulations of training or licensing and there's a reason for that. These are unalienable rights guaranteed to all lawful citizens of the US. When you misuse these rights, there are severe consequences already.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline magnanimous_j

• Old Salt
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2018, 07:36:09 AM »

So you think a 12 year old should be able to walk into any gun store with money they got for Christmases/birthdays and buy any gun they have available, with no restrictions, or any way to prove that they are not going to go home and shoot themselves or someone else? Anyone willing to sell guns to a kid under 18 years old in my opinion is irresponsible at best, or criminally negligent at worst. We have restrictions on the first amendment as well, for example it has been ruled that yelling "Fire" in a crowded theater is not protected speech, nor is making threats.

Personally I consider myself a libertarian and believe less is better when it comes to laws, however I also think that common sense should come into play when deciding what should/should not be legal though.

Careful now. That kind of critical thinking is going to get you labeled a lib. Best just go with the crowd and blow up your Yeti cooler or whatever else you have to do to be a "good 2A guy."

The training thing is a solution without a problem. Are we seeing multiple shootings happening because people aren't trained?

That's ridiculous. People accidentally shoot themselves all the time. Youtube has hundreds of videos of it.

For the record, I agree with you. I don't think there should be training requirements or "safe storage" requirements for owning a gun. But I've also be around ranges my whole life and can say definitively that a significant portion of gun owners are completely unqualified to safely use the weapons they own.

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2018, 07:39:15 AM »

Careful now. That kind of critical thinking is going to get you labeled a lib. Best just go with the crowd and blow up your Yeti cooler or whatever else you have to do to be a "good 2A guy."

The training thing is a solution without a problem. Are we seeing multiple shootings happening because people aren't trained?

That's ridiculous. People accidentally shoot themselves all the time. Youtube has hundreds of videos of it.

For the record, I agree with you. I don't think there should be training requirements or "safe storage" requirements for owning a gun. But I've also be around ranges my whole life and can say definitively that a significant portion of gun owners are completely unqualified to safely use the weapons they own.

The same can be said for autos and household knives, there are accidents everyday, where's the legislation to outlaw them?

Offline magnanimous_j

• Old Salt
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2018, 08:19:24 AM »

The same can be said for autos and household knives, there are accidents everyday, where's the legislation to outlaw them?

I've always thought that the car argument was dangerous territory for 2nd Amendment advocates. There are dozens of federal regulations, forced under duress, onto the auto industry that quantifiably make the car you drive every day, safer. Things like airbags, seatbelts, crumple zones, break-away engine mounts, the little glow in the dark tab that lets you escape if you ever accidentally get locked in your own trunk. Your vehicle is federally mandated that in order to be sold in the US, it has to be able to support twice its own weight on its roof.

Would anyone argue that a 1970 model of anything is safer than a car built today?

Cars and guns are absolutely not the same thing and shouldn't be treated as such. But "people die in cars too" is such a rote argument to gun control and it always made me cringe because the comparison really doesn't run in our favor.

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2018, 08:58:55 AM »

I've always thought that the car argument was dangerous territory for 2nd Amendment advocates. There are dozens of federal regulations, forced under duress, onto the auto industry that quantifiably make the car you drive every day, safer. Things like airbags, seatbelts, crumple zones, break-away engine mounts, the little glow in the dark tab that lets you escape if you ever accidentally get locked in your own trunk. Your vehicle is federally mandated that in order to be sold in the US, it has to be able to support twice its own weight on its roof.

Would anyone argue that a 1970 model of anything is safer than a car built today?

Cars and guns are absolutely not the same thing and shouldn't be treated as such. But "people die in cars too" is such a rote argument to gun control and it always made me cringe because the comparison really doesn't run in our favor.

Death toll vs regulation. 

I could argue it favors the 2A by saying, even with all those regulations on cars, the death tolls continue to be high.
AND, with little regulation, gun deaths have dropped.  Even while both areas of ownership has risen.

More regulations does not necessarily equal a safer product.  It's the end users responsibility to use said product in a safe manner.

Offline Hi-Liter

• Sourdough
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2018, 09:55:34 AM »
I really like the words of "common sense." Its such a polarizing word to make "people" or politicians feel good about taking rights away

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 10:04:06 AM by Hi-Liter »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand