collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: wholesale albacore?  (Read 1782 times)

Offline jamesfromseattle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
wholesale albacore?
« on: August 17, 2018, 04:06:08 PM »
Anybody have a recommendation on where to buy a whole bunch of (good) albacore?  Either fresh in the round or frozen loins would work for me as long as it is quality fish.  Normally I get some from friends but it looks like none of them are going this year.

I know you can get them off the docks at Westport or order from some of the fish markets there but have had some good and bad experiences with that.  BIG difference between properly cared for tuna a poorly cared for tuna.  I heard that the guy who owns All River Saltwater Charters has a commercial license and sells high quality fresh fish, but its tough for me to get down there on short notice from Seattle.

Offline mwhite

• Tracker
Re: wholesale albacore?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 03:42:48 PM »
Check out Tre Fin Foods.  They fish out of Ilwaco.  Premium quality, just not sure about availability in Seattle.  You can go to trefinfoods.com or dayboattuna.com

Offline treefarmer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 04:22:30 PM »
I picked up some last weekend from Kerbys fish in castle rock.  Good fish and he was fair with the amount of recovery from buying whole fish

Offline jamesfromseattle

• Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 09:27:42 PM »
Thanks guys. Both looks like great suggestions. Got a newborn at home so it’s tough to find time to drive down there. May need to just make a weekend of it.

Offline Fungunnin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Hunter
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 09:42:43 PM »
I can't beat direct boat pricing but I can get you a deal on Wholesale albacore in Seattle.
I am the Seafood Manager at the Seattle Uwajimaya and we have been getting some pretty nice albacore lately.
Feel free to email me directly or call or text.
billliston@uwajimaya.com
206 953 5077

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline jamesfromseattle

• Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 01:50:44 PM »
Great, thanks @Fungunnin.  I appreciate the offer.  Will hit you up if I don't make it down to Westport this year (which seems likely).  Uwajimaya is about two minutes from my house, so that certainly would make life a little easier.

Do you get any unfrozen/refrigerated seawater fish or mostly frozen?  The reason I ask is because I would like to vac pack and freeze everything so I don't want to re-freeze it.

Offline Fungunnin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Hunter
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 02:06:10 PM »

Great, thanks @Fungunnin.  I appreciate the offer.  Will hit you up if I don't make it down to Westport this year (which seems likely).  Uwajimaya is about two minutes from my house, so that certainly would make life a little easier.

Do you get any unfrozen/refrigerated seawater fish or mostly frozen?  The reason I ask is because I would like to vac pack and freeze everything so I don't want to re-freeze it.

All the albacore we bring in are fresh, either RSW(refrigerated seawater) or flake ice boats. We don't buy whole frozen albacore. Let me know what you decide. Availability is still pretty good but as we move into September weather plays a bigger factor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline jamesfromseattle

• Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 08:23:56 PM »
Awesome, I’ll shoot you an email today or tomorrow.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 02:21:50 PM »
I wish I'd seen this before. Contact me the next time...unless the next time is during the upcoming archery season - gonzo baby!
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal