collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Zuchini sandwich  (Read 7167 times)

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
Re: Zuchini sandwich
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2018, 02:47:13 PM »
Get a spiralizer or whatever you call it and make zucchini spaghetti out of them. Really good and better for you than actual spaghetti.

I also love them raw with some ranch or blue cheese. Just don't let them get too big.

That’s pretty cool do you cook them at all or just use them raw?

By don’t let them get to big you mean pick them every 30 minutes lol

The wife spiralizes them, then fries them with olive oil and a little seasoning.  She then adds them to her spaghetti made with ground Turkey.

All this is done while I order myself a pizza. 

Offline jackson7

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2018, 03:20:56 PM »
No different than an eggplant sandwich. could make zucchini parmesan.

Offline fireweed

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2018, 03:25:35 PM »
Target practice with the big ones
And "ghost" green Jack-o-lanterns.

Offline BrandonWatts

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2018, 09:37:11 AM »
My wife did zucchini lasagna. I was a little skeptical at first but man that is good. Actually having it for dinner tomorrow night. Also the mother in law made zucchini brownies and what do ya now they are awesome.

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2018, 12:52:25 PM »
My wife did zucchini lasagna. I was a little skeptical at first but man that is good. Actually having it for dinner tomorrow night. Also the mother in law made zucchini brownies and what do ya now they are awesome.

I made a lasagna and it was fantastic, albeit a bit runny. I just pulled the trigger n a dehydrator. Going to tray again with the dry zucchini, in hopes that it will soak up the liquid.
Low T Beta Male
Domesticated simpy city dwelling male

Offline BrandonWatts

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2018, 02:41:16 PM »

I made a lasagna and it was fantastic, albeit a bit runny. I just pulled the trigger n a dehydrator. Going to tray again with the dry zucchini, in hopes that it will soak up the liquid.

My wife salted the zucchini and let it pull some of the moisture out and then grilled it. Came out prefect doing it that way. I can’t stand runny lasagna or spaghetti.

Offline rasbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Legend
  • In God I trust...Try taking that away from me!
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2018, 02:51:55 PM »

don't cook the noodles just add them dry,the moisture will cook the noodles and makes for a less runny sauce..usually..

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2018, 05:31:25 PM »

My wife salted the zucchini and let it pull some of the moisture out and then grilled it. Came out prefect doing it that way. I can’t stand runny lasagna or spaghetti.

I salted and squeezed, but also used some greens and veggies, and my sauce was a little loose.
Low T Beta Male

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2018, 05:32:23 PM »

don't cook the noodles just add them dry,the moisture will cook the noodles and makes for a less runny sauce..usually..

No noodles. The zucchini replaces the noodle.
Low T Beta Male

Offline rasbo

• Legend
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2018, 11:48:13 AM »
Oh got ya,I'm gonna try it

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2018, 02:24:04 PM »
My new dehydrator showed up yesterday, and I already have a batch of zucchini drying. Going to pull it with just a bit of moisture left so it's pliable. We'll see what happens.
Low T Beta Male

Offline O. hemionus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2018, 02:44:18 PM »
"Only plant on zucchini plant", the wife says. What do I do? Plant four. Go big or go home, right? Now I have no home left because the zucchinis have taken over. 73 zucchinis later (not exaggerating - I've been keeping track), and no end in sight. Looks like Carpsniperg2 has central Klickitat Co. covered with the zucchini supply. Anyone in the west-central part of the county, namely Klickitat and White Salmon, need any??  :chuckle:

Offline rasbo

• Legend
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2018, 05:38:49 PM »
I've got grant and Lincoln county covered..dont even try to merg  into my area :chuckle:

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2018, 06:37:50 PM »
"Only plant on zucchini plant", the wife says. What do I do? Plant four. Go big or go home, right? Now I have no home left because the zucchinis have taken over. 73 zucchinis later (not exaggerating - I've been keeping track), and no end in sight. Looks like Carpsniperg2 has central Klickitat Co. covered with the zucchini supply. Anyone in the west-central part of the county, namely Klickitat and White Salmon, need any??  :chuckle:

Dang I was going to send you home with 5 or 30  :chuckle:
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline wamuledeer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scout
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2018, 08:26:27 AM »
Just saute in butter with Chantrelles and Johnnies then top with a little Cougar Gold at end. Excellent actually and easy.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal