collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Seattle-Based Deer Hunter Looking for Partner  (Read 3123 times)

Offline StoneTrees

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: BHA, HOWL
Seattle-Based Deer Hunter Looking for Partner
« on: August 21, 2018, 11:56:14 AM »
This totally comes across as hunter dating.  LOL.

I had a friend and a mentor that passed away this spring and I'm not quite out of the neophyte stage so I'm looking for a new hunting partner.  I looked through many of the other threads in the section of the forums and didn't find any good matches so I'm putting myself out there.

My bio: 45 year old male, married, have an adult son.  Grew up in the Seattle area.
Your bio: Age, gender, family unit, religion, political affiliation, or other discriminators don't matter.  Come as you are.

My experience: In my 2nd season.
Your experience: Prefer someone knowledgeable to learn from, but my wife will be happy if you are willing to get help if something goes wrong.  If you're going to let me die in the woods, please kindly move along.

My motivation: A healthy wilderness (and wildlife population), fill the freezer.  In that order.
Your motivation: Doesn't matter.

My hunting style: Flexible, but want to see more deer than hunters.
Your hunting style: If you spend more time in your truck than in the field, we probably aren't a good match.

Where: Been digitally and physically scouting GMUs 335, 336, 340, and 356.  I live and work in Seattle so I need to scout places I can access regularly.

Season: Modern Firearms, but may move to archery down the line.  I'm shooting a 0.308 Winchester Model 70 Featherweight.

Other hunting: Elk, interested in upland bird, but have enough on my plate at the moment.

My other interests: Air-cooled VW buses, soccer, backpacking, hiking, & camping, gardening.
Your interests: No requirements from me.  Love to hear about other things so you don't have to match up with me on any of these.

A word of caution: I'm definitely towards the socially liberal end of the political spectrum which in my limited experience tends to be uncommon in the hunting community.  I don't mind discussing our views on politics, religion, societal norms, and any differences we might have, but I expect a mature, thoughtful, and respectful exchange of facts and opinions from both of us.  I'm cool if you're cool.

I think I've covered most of the big stuff.  If you're interested after reading all that, swipe right  :tung: shoot me a PM with some basic info and we can chat more.

Cheers,

Andrew

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Seattle-Based Deer Hunter Looking for Partner
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 01:20:34 PM »
Tons of people in Seattle that want to go hunting, and voting R or D shouldn't be the litmus test!  Good luck in your search!

Offline StoneTrees

• Tracker
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 08:14:47 PM »
Tons of people in Seattle that want to go hunting, and voting R or D shouldn't be the litmus test!  Good luck in your search!

Agreed, absolutely.  I have a great many friends and associates I respect that don't sit in my political camp and I'm a better person for it.  It does seem that others do expect me to have a certain set of beliefs as a hunter and rather than spend a week in the wilderness with someone that's going to struggle with me not meeting that expectation, I'd rather be upfront as to what people can anticipate from me outside of the hunt.  Last thing I want to do is being perceived as pulling the wool over someone's eyes.

Offline magnanimous_j

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 09:04:47 PM »
Good luck to you. I'm a townie myself and unfortunately I'm not going to get to go after deer this year (nor do I have have the freezer space if I got one). Otherwise I'd totally be down.

If you are still a noob, I'd recommend doing a guided hunt. Not only do you have the best chance that way of actually shooting something, but you can learn a lot too. The guy who owns this site has a guide service that is well regarded. Maybe he's still got a couple open slots for this year.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 09:16:34 PM »
When is the last time you did hunt Mags??  :dunno:

Just kidding man, find a way to get out this year!

Offline magnanimous_j

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 08:35:39 AM »
When is the last time you did hunt Mags??  :dunno:

Just kidding man, find a way to get out this year!

I do small game and birds most years, this year included. But unfortunately I don't think I'll get the chance to do any big game.

Offline Ben Roberts

• Pilgrim
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 03:16:15 PM »
StoneTree, when you pick up the Bow, let me know.

Offline StoneTrees

• Tracker
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 03:39:56 PM »

Roger that.  Still learning deer, let alone how to shoot straight.

Cheers.

Offline Ben Roberts

• Pilgrim
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 09:49:28 AM »

Roger that.  Still learning deer, let alone how to shoot straight.

Cheers.

Aren't we all!!!!

Offline egranning

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: BHA
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 09:03:29 PM »
I'm also looking for a possible hunting partner in the Seattle area as well. I'm new to hunting in Washington, but have 10 yrs of hunting northern Michigan. I primarily would like to hunt mule this year as I dont exactly have the freezer space for an elk. If you are interested in chatting more feel free to message me directly. - Erik

Offline StoneTrees

• Tracker
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 12:49:13 PM »
Just wanted to update this thread that I'm all set with partners for the season.  Thanks to all who reached out to me and good luck to all this season.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal