collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Idaho anti wolf group.  (Read 3327 times)

Offline PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Idaho anti wolf group.
« on: September 06, 2018, 07:49:00 PM »
They pay good money to shoot wolves.
https://www.foundationforwildlifemanagement.org/

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Idaho anti wolf group.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 06:54:47 AM »
Check them out, not so much anti-wolf as pro management as indicated by Idaho department cooperation

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 07:17:11 AM »
Check them out, not so much anti-wolf as pro management as indicated by Idaho department cooperation

Any group that strives for proper management of wolf populations will get my support. The wolves are here fo stay unfortunately, so I am fully supportive of proper management.  I just wonder if/when management of wolf populations will begin in Washington.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 07:54:46 AM »

Any group that strives for proper management of wolf populations will get my support. The wolves are here fo stay unfortunately, so I am fully supportive of proper management.  I just wonder if/when management of wolf populations will begin in Washington.
In this state, I would guess the effort would have to be led by the tribes.  Seems they are the only group WDFW can't or won't try to mess with.

Offline ribka

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 08:05:47 AM »
I look forward to conservation NW teaming up with this intelligent and successful pro wildlife management group and demonstrate that they don’t only support crazy and dangerous illogical  anti hunting groups.

Maybe some input from CNW is needed on this thread??

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 10:27:54 AM »
CNW needs to buy a couple tables at the up coming event and buy a couple hundred raffle tickets for the rifle.  Breath holding not suggested.

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 10:50:33 AM »
Hopefully @MitchFriedman will be there!

Offline westernarcher

• Tracker
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 08:01:27 PM »
This great! I am moving to Idaho in 2 weeks. Im already signed up for wolf trapping course. And just found out I can buy 5 hunting tags and 5 trapping tags. With the overlap of seasons a person can get 15 every other year.  :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL:

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 11:48:00 PM »
I look forward to conservation NW teaming up with this intelligent and successful pro wildlife management group and demonstrate that they don’t only support crazy and dangerous illogical  anti hunting groups.

Maybe some input from CNW is needed on this thread??
Bwahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously this place needs a belly laugh emoji.
Bruce Vandervort

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 10:04:17 AM »
This great! I am moving to Idaho in 2 weeks. Im already signed up for wolf trapping course. And just found out I can buy 5 hunting tags and 5 trapping tags. With the overlap of seasons a person can get 15 every other year.  :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL:

I talk to a guy that started trapping wolves in Idaho when it was first opened up, he said the first year he did real well, the next years wolves were picking up on trapping and it was a bit harder and by the third year very difficult to catch wolves.

It has been said that wolves are 10% smarter than the smartest dog. That being said you might get with some of the trappers that have been doing it for awhile, see if they will share some of their techniques.

I talk to a friend of mine in Idaho the other day about a good time to come over and shoot a few, he said right now is the best time as the elk are starting to sound off.

Offline westernarcher

• Tracker
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 11:24:07 PM »
Wolfbait. I do plan to ask a lot of questions. I used to trap coyotes as a teen so am looking forward to getting back into it. Dust off the old equipment....

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 05:41:05 AM »
Wolfbait. I do plan to ask a lot of questions. I used to trap coyotes as a teen so am looking forward to getting back into it. Dust off the old equipment....

You will learn a lot form the guy who teaches the trapping course, including what equipment to buy and how to rig it up.

You will be way above the usual curve if you are able to fill all those tags. I'm hoping you can get it done!  :tup:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 05:42:25 AM »
I just wonder if/when management of wolf populations will begin in Washington.

I think most of us know the answer to this question!  :bash:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline bracer40

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 07:23:44 AM »
While I was in the panhandle on my first out of state archery elk hunt this year I met an older fellow (I’m 58, and he was definitely my senior!) who was involved w this group. Trad archer who was also taught the bowhunter course for IF&G. Been hunting from the same camp over 15 years. He and his buddy had some chilling & disappointing stories from their time in the area.

We learned that due to wolf pressures the elk were typically staying away from their older, well worn trails. Their bugling was less frequent and more muted. It really helped us better understand how to scout for and hunt them. It didn’t help me feel better about areas my buddy took me to that used to hold elk that now held virtually no sign except old trails and much more wolf sign than any other kind...
“Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun.”
― Groucho Marx

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand