collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Walk in hunting spots  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Ltburrows

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Walk in hunting spots
« on: September 10, 2018, 04:54:43 AM »
So long story short my GF decided she wasn’t ready for deer hunting and wants to hunt waterfowl with me this year. She’s gone with me twice now for early goose but wants to try some new places. Here’s the issue...  she’s scared of boats...  everywhere I typically hunt is a boat in location now I’m trying to find somewhere that we can walk into. I’m not looking for exact spots just units we can scout and hunt. I’d like to keep it in the south sound area if possible but I’m open to going north if I have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Badhabit

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
Re: Walk in hunting spots
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 10:26:27 AM »
Plenty of miles of walking into spots along the Frenchman's  and Winchester Wasteways off Dodson Rd. Check the Quality hunt areas as well as they are walk in only. North end of the Potholes you can park on the west side of the Job corp dike and hike into the dunes while the water is low and find potholes full of birds. You can put in for McNary wildlife refuge's lotto. Deadline I think is the 13th. Cost you $12.00 to apply. If you get some good dates it costs you another $12.00 per person to hunt the blinds. Toppenish Wildlife refuge is also walk in and a limited number of blinds.

Offline bhawley76

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 10:31:30 AM »
Sounds like a pretty good excuse to get a bigger boat, Maybe you can get her to go then. 

Offline Ltburrows

• Tracker
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 08:09:40 PM »
Unfortunately I’ve already tried that...  last year her family took a cruise to Mexico and she was a nervous wreck the whole time

Offline Hilltop123

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 08:14:08 PM »
Get her some therapy, probably cheaper in the long run.

Offline Ltburrows

• Tracker
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 08:40:28 PM »
Plenty of miles of walking into spots along the Frenchman's  and Winchester Wasteways off Dodson Rd. Check the Quality hunt areas as well as they are walk in only. North end of the Potholes you can park on the west side of the Job corp dike and hike into the dunes while the water is low and find potholes full of birds. You can put in for McNary wildlife refuge's lotto. Deadline I think is the 13th. Cost you $12.00 to apply. If you get some good dates it costs you another $12.00 per person to hunt the blinds. Toppenish Wildlife refuge is also walk in and a limited number of blinds.
Thank you for the information. I’ll look into everything mentioned

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal