collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Some Wa. Hunters in E. MT.  (Read 21492 times)

Offline Ironhead

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Some Wa. Hunters in E. MT.
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2018, 06:20:50 PM »
Anybody from Washington ever said," them damn outa staters are ruining our hunting",no?  Me neither. The problem is, we Washingtonians are flooding the other western states because our hunting pales to most of theirs .That pisses the locals off that used to have the woods all to them selves. I don't really think its about our ethics, I think it has more to do with how many of us are hunting out of state now.
"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is, that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2018, 06:21:17 PM »
I said they appreciate it. Not that they are hurting. Never God's gift to anyone.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2018, 06:25:13 PM »
Anybody from Washington ever said," them damn outa staters are ruining our hunting",no?  Me neither. The problem is, we Washingtonians are flooding the other western states because our hunting pales to most of theirs .That pisses the locals off that used to have the woods all to them selves. I don't really think its about our ethics, I think it has more to do with how many of us are hunting out of state now.

:yeah:

I can't recall ever seeing a MT or ID plate out in the woods hunting, logging yes...hunting not so much.

Offline steeleywhopper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2018, 06:25:55 PM »
I will be in Eastern Montana this November Hunting deer, I will keep my eyes open for these punk Washington slob doe stackers. I wonder if maybe they were playing Jenga with some does?
Politicians like Jay Inslee are the reason we have the 2nd Amendment

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2018, 06:37:29 PM »
This thread is getting ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Odell

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2018, 06:38:39 PM »
this kind of stuff is D U M B

The biggest slob hunters I know are some good ol boys from a mt west state. Not gonna judge anyone but them and maybe their parents.
what in the wild wild world of sports???

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2018, 06:39:00 PM »
I love how people think your gods greatest gift to a small town and keeping them all alive by buying gas on your 4 day weekend in October. That’s always the funniest comment  on these threads. “ boy oh boy they’d be hurtin if it weren’t for all my big out of state money for half a week” get over yourselves. those folks are out there for a reason and it’s not to cater to you for two weeks out of the year.

Out of state tags should be straight draw only with full cost fronted. Cut down on the riff raff
Once again, why are you even here? It's obvious you hate Washington hunters. So why do you spend your time on a Washington hunting forum?

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline lord grizzly

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2018, 06:54:13 PM »
I love how people think your gods greatest gift to a small town and keeping them all alive by buying gas on your 4 day weekend in October. That’s always the funniest comment  on these threads. “ boy oh boy they’d be hurtin if it weren’t for all my big out of state money for half a week” get over yourselves. those folks are out there for a reason and it’s not to cater to you for two weeks out of the year.

Out of state tags should be straight draw only with full cost fronted. Cut down on the riff raff
Once again, why are you even here? It's obvious you hate Washington hunters. So why do you spend your time on a Washington hunting forum?

Just here for the friendly conversation like this

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2018, 06:54:58 PM »
So simply to stir s up huh.

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2018, 07:34:31 PM »
So now I'm an ass! You know nothing of me! I am a third generation Washingtonian going back to the late 1800's.  Grew up in Eastern Wa. Cussing the the 206rs. I reside now in Chehalis. Due to hard work I am now able to spend my hunting season in Montana. This year I relocated in my 5th. Wheel to a new area hence the P.O.Box so I can get my mail. I need to do banking so yes I need a local bank. I like to blend into the community and support the local economy.  So yes all of my hunting licenses and tags are nonresident.  I by my choice electic to spend my hunting money here rather than Washington.
And yes over here you are presumed innocent  until proven guilty.  Not that I need to  explain myself to anyone.

I thought you were done and weren't going to check in with us again until next spring. :chuckle: 
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2018, 07:40:01 PM »

Montana and Idaho wouldn't be able to support their fish and wildlife departments without all of the out of state money. It's not just about the small town economics for two weeks, so maybe you should get over yourself and thank out of state hunters for keeping your fish and game departments thriving from all of the out of state license sales.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline meatwhack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2018, 08:26:48 PM »
Not to derail the thread further but for Idaho I’d venture to bet that at least 50% of the nonresident tags are sold to residents buying 2nd tags.

Offline lord grizzly

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2018, 08:33:01 PM »

Montana and Idaho wouldn't be able to support their fish and wildlife departments without all of the out of state money. It's not just about the small town economics for two weeks, so maybe you should get over yourself and thank out of state hunters for keeping your fish and game departments thriving from all of the out of state license sales.

Your delusional

Offline MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2018, 08:43:33 PM »
Never had a bad experience in MT

Oct 2 heading for antelope
Nov 8th heading for deer
If I see some sketchy dudes from Washington
I’ll let you know
Don’t hold your breath 😂
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2018, 09:15:07 PM »

Your delusional

Thanks for the kind words, but I am confused on how I'm the delusional one? I bet I have donated more money to IDFG in the last 5 years than the average resident hunter  spends in 15+ years. Do a little research and I think you will be surprised at how much of IDFG's funding comes from non-resident hunters.

I would also ask that you please explain your logic on how non-residents are bad for Idaho other than the residents getting a little more competition in your honey holes? I have plenty of family in both Idaho and Montana, so I hunt both often and have never had a bad experience with the locals. Maybe it's just your neck of the woods, but it definitely hasn't been my experience that non-residents aren't welcome.

I'm all for a spirited debate,  but please don't waste our time stirring the pot and just throwing out ignorant statements or personal attacks on members.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]