collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Some Wa. Hunters in E. MT.  (Read 21491 times)

Offline lord grizzly

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Re: Some Wa. Hunters in E. MT.
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2018, 09:23:27 PM »
I would think your statement that Idaho any Montana fish and game wouldn’t be able to support themselves probably warrants a little more factual back up. Seems like a broadly uneducated statement based solely on how much money you’ve personally spent. And I insulted no one. I pointed out how conceded it is when guys think they support communities buy hunting somewhere and that they just couldn’t possibly survive with out them. Kinda like your statement about fish and game I guess. Youd be surprised the pm’s I get with folks on here that agree with but probably care way more about getting banned or something silly

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2018, 09:29:07 PM »
*conceited
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:40:20 PM by h20hunter »

Offline lord grizzly

• Longhunter
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2018, 09:31:43 PM »
When you’ve resorted to spell check on the internet you know you’ve lost. Typing on my phone but thanks for letting me know mom

Offline MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2018, 09:34:42 PM »
Dude you seem to have a chip on your shoulder
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2018, 09:37:19 PM »
Stacking does and not processing them?I will ask again,Are you saying they never processed them and wasted?I thought i was asking a legit question because if this is the case and the MT. hunters know who was doing it was leo called?Wasting deer and elk is illegal in all states so if there is no case to site i must assume leo was not called and if this story is true at all then it doesn't make these MT. hunters look very good at all by not reporting.  :twocents:

I WILL ADD THAT IF THESE SIMPLE QUESTIONS I ASKED CANNOT BE ANSWERED AND THEY JUST KEEP GETTING DEFLECTED THEN I THINK IT WILL NOT BE BELIEVED BY MANY,INCLUDING MYSELF.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:58:44 PM by Oh Mah »
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline lord grizzly

• Longhunter
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2018, 09:41:54 PM »
Dude you seem to have a chip on your shoulder

Me or the guy spell checking me?  Too funny  :chuckle:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2018, 09:42:28 PM »
I love how people think your gods greatest gift to a small town and keeping them all alive by buying gas on your 4 day weekend in October. That’s always the funniest comment  on these threads. “ boy oh boy they’d be hurtin if it weren’t for all my big out of state money for half a week” get over yourselves. those folks are out there for a reason and it’s not to cater to you for two weeks out of the year.

Out of state tags should be straight draw only with full cost fronted. Cut down on the riff raff

The last time I hunted in Idaho I spent $500 ish while there above and beyond license fees. Stayed in nice mom and pop motel. Went to a brewery and a Mexican restaurant.  Did some grocery shopping. I’m sure some spend a lot less and some spend a lot more. That motel was chock full of hunters. No vacancy. You can’t tell me the annual bump in income doesn’t help those folks out right before Christmas.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2018, 09:45:44 PM »
 :hello:
Just stopped in to see what’s going on.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline lord grizzly

• Longhunter
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2018, 09:53:49 PM »
I love how people think your gods greatest gift to a small town and keeping them all alive by buying gas on your 4 day weekend in October. That’s always the funniest comment  on these threads. “ boy oh boy they’d be hurtin if it weren’t for all my big out of state money for half a week” get over yourselves. those folks are out there for a reason and it’s not to cater to you for two weeks out of the year.

Out of state tags should be straight draw only with full cost fronted. Cut down on the riff raff

The last time I hunted in Idaho I spent $500 ish while there above and beyond license fees. Stayed in nice mom and pop motel. Went to a brewery and a Mexican restaurant.  Did some grocery shopping. I’m sure some spend a lot less and some spend a lot more. That motel was chock full of hunters. No vacancy. You can’t tell me the annual bump in income doesn’t help those folks out right before Christmas.

Help sure. The point of owning a business is making money for a service. Directly responsible for the survival of a community as so many always like to pat themselves on the back for? No
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 10:01:44 PM by lord grizzly »

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2018, 09:58:36 PM »
Sounds like we could start another thread to debate the importance or lack of importance out of state dollars are to small communities.

Back to the original topic I think it is very important for hunters to make sure they try to present ourselves and what we do in the positive way possible. Probably a good reminder for all of us. And as one of the first few posters put it it’s normally just a few bad apples that paint an entire group in a bad way.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2018, 10:47:59 PM »
Still have a hard time believing it’s the whole animal but more likely just carcasses, heads and hides. I bet the real problem is chronic waste disease??? Unfortunately the law requires hunters to leave the carcasses and brains behind so it’s a catch 22, the non-res hunters from all states including us no good rotten westsiders don’t have much of a choice but to leave it behind.

BTW I have been hunting Montana for 18 years and leased land there for awhile and I have seen trespassers and poaching from ALL the western states equally so no one is exempt in fact on our lease and area the only Wa hunters that we confirmed poached were from Eastern Wa not the wet side... just sayin  :dunno:
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2018, 11:38:58 PM »
Still have a hard time believing it’s the whole animal but more likely just carcasses, heads and hides. I bet the real problem is chronic waste disease??? Unfortunately the law requires hunters to leave the carcasses and brains behind so it’s a catch 22, the non-res hunters from all states including us no good rotten westsiders don’t have much of a choice but to leave it behind.

BTW I have been hunting Montana for 18 years and leased land there for awhile and I have seen trespassers and poaching from ALL the western states equally so no one is exempt in fact on our lease and area the only Wa hunters that we confirmed poached were from Eastern Wa not the wet side... just sayin  :dunno:

And unfortunately members of this site. :bash:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Bigshooter

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2018, 09:01:24 AM »
I would think your statement that Idaho any Montana fish and game wouldn’t be able to support themselves probably warrants a little more factual back up. Seems like a broadly uneducated statement based solely on how much money you’ve personally spent. And I insulted no one. I pointed out how conceded it is when guys think they support communities buy hunting somewhere and that they just couldn’t possibly survive with out them. Kinda like your statement about fish and game I guess. Youd be surprised the pm’s I get with folks on here that agree with but probably care way more about getting banned or something silly

I've seen the numbers (real factual numbers) posted on this site and just about every other hunting forum.  And Id, MT, and WY couldn't make it without out of state hunters.
Welcome to liberal America, where the truth is condemned and facts are ignored so as not to "offend" anyone

"Borders, language, culture."

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2018, 09:10:07 AM »

Help sure. The point of owning a business is making money for a service. Directly responsible for the survival of a community as so many always like to pat themselves on the back for? No

I would challenge your opinion strongly. I have family in a small town in Eastern Washington that is seemingly barely hanging on. The economy there gets a huge bump there every hunting season, and that's mostly only from resident hunters. In a state like Idaho where thousands of out of state hunters come to, I think you'd be surprised what the non-res hunters do for the local small town economies. Businesses aren't typically in business to break even. At least not the businesses I'm familiar with. I agree that this would not be the case everywhere in Idaho and maybe not entire communities and towns...but I'm sure if you went business to business, you'd see my side of it more.

And for the record, I'm definitely not patting myself on the back. Just recognizing that out of state hunters and outdoors people in general spend a crap ton of money in these small rural towns. Business owners look forward to that every year. This is fact. Without it, their profits wouldn't be nearly as strong.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2018, 09:12:59 AM »
This is just kind of an FYI of what I have been hearing on a daily basis.  I  am currently out in E. Montana, Terry, MT. to be precise. The past two weeks I have been learning the area, getting a P.O. box, set up local bank account etc. etc along with daily scouting. 
I keep hearing the same comment over and over.  Those Washington hunters your the worst groups ever.  What they are talking about is groups with lots of B tags just stacking up the carcasses in their camps and not taking care of them.  I have heard this from over a dozen different people.
So I just thought I would pass this along if you are headed this way.
You will find this small community very welcoming to hunters.  I  personally would like to see it stay that way.

I'm really curious specifically what "What they are talking about is groups with lots of B tags just stacking up the carcasses in their camps and not taking care of them" means.

Are the hunters leaving bone piles?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1