collapse
Guided Moose And Black Bear Hunts Bearpaw Outfitters, Quality Hunts for over 30 Years

Author Topic: Some Wa. Hunters in E. MT.  (Read 4707 times)

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
Re: Some Wa. Hunters in E. MT.
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2018, 03:50:11 PM »
My cousins in Idaho call them the "Outdoor Channel wannabe city folk".  They can't stand the out of staters that show up in their pavement princess rigs plastered with Bone Collector and such stickers looking like they just stepped out of a Cabela's catalog.   :chuckle:  They say those are the folks who trespass, trash the woods and leave a bunch of wounded critters to rot.

that pretty much sums up the look!  :chuckle: I know many great hunters from Washington and have some family there also who are great hunters, unfortunately wa plates have a terrible name in Idaho and yes it is worse than any other state. It is the attitude of quite a few that come over. I feel like it is kill something at all costs without regard to the animails and screw anybody to do it. Yesterday I am driving back from bow hunting and check on a road leading to one of my other spots that is gated. Yep! Washington guys have the road blocked with jacked up rigs and camps and acting like nobody is getting into that spot. A guy comes out of his tent all puffed up! at about a 145lbs of terror :chuckle:. I was tired and not wanting to hunt anymore but  an out of stater will not keep me out of a spot I have been hunting 20 plus years ever! but that attitude is what is ruining it for the good guys. Btw I can four wheel to the gated road they are protecting from the bottom anyways  :chuckle:     
I see way too much of this in Chelan County.  Late archery in Swakane being the worst.
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline lord grizzly

• Political Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2018, 06:13:47 PM »
Just thought Id share this from the IDFG site about second tags which are sold at the nonresident price.

The second-tag program has been popular with hunters. For many years, portions of the nonresident quota of 12,815 elk tags and 15,500 deer tags went unsold. Since 2000, they have been available as second tags for residents and nonresidents alike, although the majority of second tags (about 70 percent) are sold to residents.

Im inthat 70% . But no you guys are spot on its the other 30% that keeps us poor Idaho folks head above water

Offline Gringo31

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2018, 08:35:33 PM »
Interesting discussion. 

It's fair for me to say this.  I've hunted most of my life.  I'm now managing and guiding (either my kids or others) more than I hunt, and the fact is Hunters are a pain in the backside.  Between trespassers, rule breakers etc, it's hard for me to even look at "hunters" positively.  The worst is the super arrogant guys with the attitude who are wrong and pissy about it.  The level of aggression seems to get worse. 

My point is that it's easy for anyone to get a negative attitude.  Best thing we all can do is to remember what we learned in hunters safety.  It's easy for someone to give us a bad name.  Know the rules, follow them, respect the game and private property, realize a doe or buck isn't worth ________ and just be respectful and kind. 

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2018, 09:54:26 PM »
My cousins in Idaho call them the "Outdoor Channel wannabe city folk".  They can't stand the out of staters that show up in their pavement princess rigs plastered with Bone Collector and such stickers looking like they just stepped out of a Cabela's catalog.   :chuckle:  They say those are the folks who trespass, trash the woods and leave a bunch of wounded critters to rot.

that pretty much sums up the look!  :chuckle: I know many great hunters from Washington and have some family there also who are great hunters, unfortunately wa plates have a terrible name in Idaho and yes it is worse than any other state. It is the attitude of quite a few that come over. I feel like it is kill something at all costs without regard to the animails and screw anybody to do it. Yesterday I am driving back from bow hunting and check on a road leading to one of my other spots that is gated. Yep! Washington guys have the road blocked with jacked up rigs and camps and acting like nobody is getting into that spot. A guy comes out of his tent all puffed up! at about a 145lbs of terror :chuckle:. I was tired and not wanting to hunt anymore but  an out of stater will not keep me out of a spot I have been hunting 20 plus years ever! but that attitude is what is ruining it for the good guys. Btw I can four wheel to the gated road they are protecting from the bottom anyways  :chuckle:   
My brother in law is high up in the DNR over there and basically runs the area from Sand Point to Canada.  He has a ton of stories of out of state dudes and their lack of respect for the locals, private property,
wild game, regulations, etc.  It is the whole "it aint my back yard" thing.
P&Y bucks & bulls, predators and any game fish that swims!!
Life is too short to settle for dinks!

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2018, 10:22:56 PM »
Could someone PLEASE give us the thumbs up and thumbs down to like comments or dislike ?

I sorta agree with lord grizzly..
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline lokidog

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2018, 11:10:57 PM »
 :sry:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Legend
  • Groups: WSB RMGA NRA RMEF BHA
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2018, 12:31:56 PM »
Could someone PLEASE give us the thumbs up and thumbs down to like comments or dislike ?

It's the software developers that would have to add that feature.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jasnt

• Predator hunter
  • Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2018, 12:48:36 PM »
Simple on my phone 👍🏻👎🏻
🐾2018
243Round ct. 439
338rc 222
Rifle rc 1121

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Legend
  • Groups: WSB RMGA NRA RMEF BHA
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2018, 01:56:31 PM »
Simple on my phone 👍🏻👎🏻

You can "like" stuff via Tapatalk too, but that's a function of Tapatalk...not SMF.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline lord grizzly

• Political Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2018, 03:02:16 PM »

Careful...

Offline baker5150

• Site Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2018, 03:10:45 PM »
A few bad apples does not spoil the bunch.

It's the bigoted attitude that all apples are bad that spoils the bunch.

Offline CaNINE

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • 2017 Wyoming Black Bear
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2018, 06:40:17 PM »
This land is your land...this land is my land.

Treat the land, its wildlife and the others who use it with respect and well all get along just fine.
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

Proverbs 12:27

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2018, 06:51:17 PM »
A few bad apples does not spoil the bunch.

It's the bigoted attitude that all apples are bad that spoils the bunch.

Stop it now your making too much sense, everyone knows only bad apples reside on the west side of Washington!  :chuckle:
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline rasbo

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • In God I trust...Try taking that away from me!
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2018, 07:58:19 PM »
I laugh at this stuff,there are only so many personalities, when I moved to Idaho i heard all the crap folks said about other states. I also noticed how messed up many of the locals were.heard the same when I moved to wa state, and then when I moved to eastern washington same crap... the same personalities excist everywhere. There ya have it...

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2018, 08:47:39 PM »

It's the software developers that would have to add that feature.

Darn, even though I don't live in Warshington any more.....I still enjoy this site. One of the best out there.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

* Recent Topics

NE buck/deer population. by huntnnw
[Today at 01:12:07 AM]

Cz527 300 black out problems by argie1891
[Today at 12:26:17 AM]

Late buck countdown by Pete112288
[Today at 12:21:55 AM]

2018/19 Scoreboard by fatslinger
[Today at 12:16:22 AM]

Blue Mountain Foothills West by Limhangerslayer
[Today at 12:10:28 AM]

WTT .223 and/or misc. For 8ft boat or marsh rat type by Pete112288
[Today at 12:06:32 AM]

2018 Deer as they lay. by fishnfur
[Today at 12:01:49 AM]

2018 Deer, post them here by fishnfur
[Yesterday at 11:59:31 PM]

Arrow grain/material/suggestions for black-tail? by jnordwell
[Yesterday at 11:10:59 PM]

Dumb question by jnordwell
[Yesterday at 11:09:10 PM]

Washington wolf shirts by Dan-o
[Yesterday at 10:29:25 PM]

Norco bike trailer for hunting or kids by jshay
[Yesterday at 10:12:42 PM]

49 degrees North Mule deer Quality tag Help by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:12:00 PM]

bugle tube by funkster
[Yesterday at 09:58:15 PM]

Saw my first Washington antelope by cmiller85
[Yesterday at 09:57:22 PM]

Goodbye AR Builds, Hello H.R. 7115: Nationwide Proposed Ban in the Works by Windwalker
[Yesterday at 09:28:10 PM]

WTS 2007 Baja 90 quad $450 by Rainier10
[Yesterday at 09:25:53 PM]

Bird vest/backpack by lewy
[Yesterday at 09:22:48 PM]

Alternative belts for work sharp by Whitpirate
[Yesterday at 09:20:55 PM]

Youth cow tag filled! by kevinlisa06
[Yesterday at 09:16:16 PM]