collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Eco-diesel Alert  (Read 18825 times)

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
Re: Eco-diesel Alert
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2018, 03:59:25 PM »
Given that you will fill up 200 times in first 100k miles and bad fuel in any one of those will cost you $6k to $13k plus in unwarranteed repairs is just a crap shoot. 

Offline slowhand

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • Seahawk fan for life
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2018, 04:02:55 PM »
I fill up at the same fuel station almost every time. New station built in the last 5 years.
I will not get fuel from any of the old crusty looking places out there. to much risk.
My truck has a range of 550+ miles between fill ups. I can be picky.  :twocents:
Seahawks
Hunting
Fishing
In That order

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Old Salt
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2018, 04:08:14 PM »
Good idea. I fueled at diesel island in high volume urban station. Would thought that as safe as any.

Offline Wazukie

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2018, 04:15:50 PM »
Ill stick with my 98 ram 2500 24v cummins.   :tup:
Matthew 6:33

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Old Salt
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2018, 04:18:12 PM »
Ill stick with my 98 ram 2500 24v cummins.   :tup:
We took my sons 92 2500 cummins 24hrs round trip to Idaho. No problems!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2018, 04:19:03 PM »
The first time you didn't change fuel filters but 1 time in 60,000 miles if I remember correctly. Can't blame that one on the truck.

Do they still have your truck? If they do, you can get another fuel sample and/or they can show you what they're talking about.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2018, 04:23:33 PM »
Given that you will fill up 200 times in first 100k miles and bad fuel in any one of those will cost you $6k to $13k plus in unwarranteed repairs is just a crap shoot. 

I don't want this to sound like I'm arguing with you, but I wrote up 4 diesel trucks today and I've worked for Ford for almost 6 years now. That equates to a crap ton of diesel trucks. I haven't done too many fuel contamination repairs that were specifically caused by bad fuel. Fuel contamination, yes...but bad fuel ... no.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Old Salt
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2018, 04:27:01 PM »
I agree with you Jackelope.  2 bad fuel failures to same person from  different locations in 6 weeks?  I say no but need lawyer to prove it.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2018, 04:35:50 PM »
I agree with you Jackelope.  2 bad fuel failures to same person from  different locations in 6 weeks?  I say no but need lawyer to prove it.

Do you think the last one was bad fuel or no fuel filters replaced? Results would essentially be the same.

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2018, 04:42:56 PM »
Just put aftermarket quality filter set up on guys.  Jeez, Im sure your wallet can afford it.  Thread would be empty if people did this..
MAGA!  Again..

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2018, 05:07:07 PM »

Do you think the last one was bad fuel or no fuel filters replaced? Results would essentially be the same.

Ive never thought to ask this question, but if you add a secondary fuel filter like i have with my 2 micron set up does that void the warranty?

i will say that i doubt most diesel guys change the filter and bleed the bowl as often as they should.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2018, 05:15:04 PM »
Thanks, reminds me time is here to do filters and such. :tup:
MAGA!  Again..

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2018, 05:21:17 PM »
I lost a injector pump due to a flatbed constantly draining water onto the filler spout. FYI those things are not water tight. Ive got it all fixed and good but im pretty religious about changing filters and bleeding the bowl. I normally do it after it has sat for the weekend so that the fuel is good and separated. try to do a little drain every week or 2 depending on how much driving i do.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2018, 05:31:42 PM »

Ive never thought to ask this question, but if you add a secondary fuel filter like i have with my 2 micron set up does that void the warranty?

i will say that i doubt most diesel guys change the filter and bleed the bowl as often as they should.

As far as I am aware, it would only void the warranty if it caused the failure. Nothing really automatically voids a warranty. You have to prove that the modification or whatever it is caused the failure. I can literally count on one hand how many times I have told somebody that something  significant is not covered under warranty because of a modification.

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2018, 06:44:56 PM »
Special T and Jackelope what ya guys think on intervals for fuel filter replace.  Airdog filter/pump system.  Mileage or time?  I do yearly which is 12k-25k depending.  I don't drain bowl weekly but try an remember every month or so.  Letting em sit is great tip never thought about.  I have seen what dirty fuel does after sitting a bit!  :yike:
MAGA!  Again..

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal