collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Eco-diesel Alert  (Read 18820 times)

Offline slowhand

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • Seahawk fan for life
Re: Eco-diesel Alert
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2018, 12:57:03 PM »
We live in the same world  :)
I have plans to turn to the "Dark side of the Force" (Advisor) when I get a bit older. Pay is close to the same and I think My body would appreciate it when I turn 50 or 55.
I think Ford and Toyota must have different ways of Doing things :(
I can't complain. I love My Job and the people I work with.
I can tell Your one of the good ones jackelope. We need more like You in this field.  :tup:
Seahawks
Hunting
Fishing
In That order

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2018, 08:15:16 PM »
Got rig back today - Final Tally $9600.   Insurance paid half.  None Waranteed  due to supposed “fuel contamination”.    Will have to goto small claims to try to get $5k back from one of the parties.   

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2018, 08:27:08 AM »
Got rig back today - Final Tally $9600.   Insurance paid half.  None Waranteed  due to supposed “fuel contamination”.    Will have to goto small claims to try to get $5k back from one of the parties.   

Did ya ever get that fuel sample?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Old Salt
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2018, 08:43:35 AM »
They claimed they just dumped it out assuming it was only a $600 tank empty and fill repair.  Imo a $10,000 mistake preventing me from winning claim against station or insurance.    Will see if a judge agrees. 

Offline Matth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2018, 08:54:53 AM »
This is a shame!!!! I have never heard of such a thing. I am a Dodge, and a Cummins  fan down to the bone, i am aware this is not a Cummins engine but this would burn me bad.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2018, 09:49:47 AM »
This whole thing is very strange. To me, it screams "there's more to the story". 2 identical trucks with the same problem in the span of 6 months?

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Old Salt
« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2018, 10:04:58 AM »
This whole thing is very strange. To me, it screams "there's more to the story". 2 identical trucks with the same problem in the span of 6 months?
You and me both.   Reading ecodiesel forums it sounds like its not uncommon and may be related to small singleStage filter used on them.  They apparently have been replacing 25-40 engines per month which is 10 times the warranty replacement rate of cummins failures they say. 

I know they have stopped making that motor for 2019. 

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2018, 10:09:15 AM »
Good idea. I fueled at diesel island in high volume urban station. Would thought that as safe as any.
"High volume urban station" and you have the only two vehicles that had issues with the fuel?

I bought two new  gas powered chevy trucks for work with custom racks.  First truck showed up from the rack fabricator in California with the check engine light on. Took it back to chevy and one of the rocker arms had broke.  Seemed odd but it was under warranty.  Second truck was supposed to arrive 6 weeks later.  It never made it, half way here the check engine light came on.  Same issue, broken rocker arm.  Again covered under warranty.  Checked the googler and found post after post about others having the same issue, apparently it is a fairly common problem.  I was thinking I was the most unlucky guy on the planet having two trucks with the same issue back to back.  I was glad to find out there were plenty of others in the same boat.

It seems to me that you are actually the most unlucky guy on the face of the planet if you have had the same issue with two trucks and nobody else is having the issue.  Someone else in the area has to be complaining if that station is pumping out bad diesel.  Seems like you would have a strong case if you can get a couple other people having the same issue with that fuel station.  If you are the only one to have an issue you might just get the award for the most unlucky guy in town.

Just saw your last reply.  With it being a high volume station maybe there is someone else with that same motor that fueled up there.

Do the forums say that it is "marginal" fuel that the small filter can't handle the contaminants?
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Matth

• Longhunter
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2018, 01:01:37 PM »
This is the AM Motori A630 engine correct? not the Fiat.

Offline Matth

• Longhunter
« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2018, 01:09:44 PM »
Strike that, i think they are the same engine. Chrysler/Fiat, and General motors own VM Motori.

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Old Salt
« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2018, 08:02:51 PM »
Just heard from State of Oregon fuel complaints division. No complaints on that station in past year - 100,000 + customers.  Hmmm.   The ecodiesel engine failure thread on ecodiesel forum is 165 pages so added mine to that.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2018, 06:13:19 AM »
It’s very strange to me that fuel samples were not saved.

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2018, 06:54:19 AM »
If there is documentation of a request for the fuel sample and the sample was discarded that should make your case stronger.  Having just had this same issue a few months before I hope you made sure you were documenting everything this second time.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Old Salt
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2018, 07:07:24 AM »
If there is documentation of a request for the fuel sample and the sample was discarded that should make your case stronger.  Having just had this same issue a few months before I hope you made sure you were documenting everything this second time.

Of course its never as simple as one hopes.  Dealer initially said just need to flush tank and I’ll be on my way.  Then I’m off the grid in CO for a week and trying to monitor status via Inreach.  And first truck failure nothing was mentioned about fuel just pump failure - I presume because it was out of warranty they didnt need excuse. 
I hope to find notes in my inreach texts - good idea. 

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Old Salt
« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2018, 09:11:53 PM »
UPDATE -  Diagnosis from dealer of bad fuel and HP fuel pump failure was wrong!   I took apart fuel pump and it was pristine like new with no damage or contamination.  Looks like  cam gear bolt came loose and caused pump gear key to shear off losing pressure.  Gear was cause of damage not symptom. Looks like Dealer is going to warrant it.   Crossing fingers hoping those valves hitting pistons did no more damage than breaking rocker arms.  Find out eventually I guess.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]