collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Chemical Spraying  (Read 14901 times)

Offline Encore 280

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Encore 280
Chemical Spraying
« on: September 19, 2018, 09:12:58 AM »
Not sure where to post this topic. Noticed a few signs on Weyco land in the 660 Unit this last week. The signs were a warning that active helicopter spraying of herbicides was going on between such and such dates. One of the herbicides is GLYPHOSATE which is found in Roundup. I don't know all specifics but it's pretty toxic chemical. So if they're doing this spraying and the deer and elk are ingesting this chemical and then we harvest and consume one of these animals, what's the end result for us? I don't understand how this can be going on. :dunno: Any thoughts on this or has anyone else seen these signs?

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
Re: Chemical Spraying
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 09:34:39 AM »
Do a site search.  Many threads.info on this.  Old news and yes its not good.
MAGA!  Again..

Offline WildlifeAssassin

• Past Sponsor
  • Scout
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 10:18:32 AM »
Here is the best thread I found on the subject.
https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,151305.0.html
This isn’t something we should let slide, they are poisoning the forest, the salmon streams, the wildlife and us. Non hunters don’t usually walk in behind gates to check out clear cuts so most people don’t know about it, spread the word. Contact Hilary Franz the public lands commissioner, let her know how you feel about it.
https://www.dnr.wa.gov/commissioner
This is happening on DNR land and nearly all logged private timberland.
Contact your representatives as well, nothing changes without people making noise.

Offline WildlifeAssassin

• Past Sponsor
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 10:33:59 AM »
These are the signs being talked about...

Offline Tbob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: King co. Search and Rescue
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 10:45:26 AM »
I saw a bunch of those signs on the SW coast as well behind Hancock gates last week.

Offline hughjorgan

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 12:04:11 PM »
California says glyphosate causes cancer, I am sure all these deer and elk must have cancer now right or your going to get it from eating your harvest.

It isn’t even a restricted use pesticide. I wouldn’t worry about it. Just don’t be around when they are actively spraying... common sense

Offline WSU

• Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 12:08:20 PM »
Last year I was in the woods during the first rain in September.  The entire forest smelled very heavily like herbicide.  Kinda opened my eyes to how much must be on the trees, grass, brush, ground, etc.

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 12:42:24 PM »
Why can't the environmentalists groups and animal rights folks spend their time and energy stopping this sort catastrophe to our wildlife? Corporate timber companies have no conscious when it comes to profits.
NATURE HAS A WAY

"All good things must come to an end"

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 01:35:47 PM »
California says glyphosate causes cancer, I am sure all these deer and elk must have cancer now right or your going to get it from eating your harvest.

It isn’t even a restricted use pesticide. I wouldn’t worry about it. Just don’t be around when they are actively spraying... common sense
I think it is one of the pesticides the EU prohibits.  They also don't allow atrazine due to health findings, but timber companies spray it too.  The glyphosphate in the average American has doubled in about the last 30 years. 

Offline hughjorgan

• Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 02:20:19 PM »

I think it is one of the pesticides the EU prohibits.  They also don't allow atrazine due to health findings, but timber companies spray it too.  The glyphosphate in the average American has doubled in about the last 30 years.

It is the least of my worries as an applicator, there are a lot nastier chemicals out there to spray. Glyphosate is everywhere, schools, landscapes, ball fields, in the woods, etc. once it is dry you have nothing to worry about. The people that say it causes cancer  are probably the same people I have watched not using there PPEs and following the label, like smoking a cigarette with chemical all over their gloves or hands.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 02:27:46 PM »
So Glyphosate is supposedly safe once it's dry, but what about all the wildlife that are having it dumped directly onto them? Not to mention all their food sources.

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 02:42:26 PM »

It is the least of my worries as an applicator, there are a lot nastier chemicals out there to spray. Glyphosate is everywhere, schools, landscapes, ball fields, in the woods, etc. once it is dry you have nothing to worry about. The people that say it causes cancer  are probably the same people I have watched not using there PPEs and following the label, like smoking a cigarette with chemical all over their gloves or hands.
Im sorry for your exposure risk.  Maybe you should ask why most of the countries on earth have banned it but USA hasn't?  Do some googling research it might surprise ya.
MAGA!  Again..

Offline Encore 280

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Encore 280
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 02:42:50 PM »
Google Dewayne Johnson vs Monsanto lawsuit. Jury found Monsanto quilty and ordered them to pay almost $300 million.

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 02:50:21 PM »
DNA chromosomes etc.  Its bad stuff.  Keep in mind we are talking about 1 chem on a list of 20+ being used.  Keep in mind big pharma $ got these fast tracked without proper testing.  Keep in mind your well water samples likely have these in it as ya make a bottle for the little ones.  Nobody can argue the wildlife is healthier in Nat for. lands which aren't logged much or sprayed much.  I saw more grouse in a week in Id then in Wa over last 20 years.  If ya thought DDT or other issues years past were big wait till this all shakes out.... :twocents:
MAGA!  Again..

Offline WildlifeAssassin

• Past Sponsor
  • Scout
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 02:56:45 PM »
@bbarnes whatever came from your efforts in this area a couple years ago?

To those who say no big deal- Even if you think it’s not a poison or toxic, which I would highly disagree with. It kills all of the plants that the animals use for food which negates all the benefits of logging in relation to wildlife.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal