collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Chemical Spraying  (Read 14829 times)

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
Re: Chemical Spraying
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2018, 07:58:53 PM »
Fair enough, just trying to help.  To each their own.  I will leave it at this; what it has done to the animals in the woods etc is a strong indicator of humans future and don't need Cali or the wsda/epa etc  to make those facts of life disappear. We avoid as much as we can (impossible) foods and sprays at home like that.  Its cold hard fact there is many things we are exposed too in life that are likely very bad but if ya don't know ya don't know.
MAGA!  Again..

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2018, 12:56:12 PM »
What has it done to the animals in the woods? Show us some studies about deer and pesticides... Show us evidence that it harm's all the animals in the areas it's used in... Otherwise your just spouting off an opinion of your own and nothing factual. There are plenty of studies done showing it's safe when used properly. And as for this AREA that had been sprayed one month prior, was all the vegetation dead? If not then what chemical did they spray? Something had to be dead... As for glyphosate, I have sprayed alfalfa fields and literally watched the deer come out that evening and scarf down as much as they could handle and never show any ill effects night after night after night...

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2018, 07:38:28 PM »
What has it done to the animals in the woods? Show us some studies about deer and pesticides... Show us evidence that it harm's all the animals in the areas it's used in... Otherwise your just spouting off an opinion of your own and nothing factual. There are plenty of studies done showing it's safe when used properly. And as for this AREA that had been sprayed one month prior, was all the vegetation dead? If not then what chemical did they spray? Something had to be dead... As for glyphosate, I have sprayed alfalfa fields and literally watched the deer come out that evening and scarf down as much as they could handle and never show any ill effects night after night after night...
I saw more grouse in 9 days in Id mnts not sprayed then I have in ten years in Wa.  That's my opening argument, shall we continue? 
MAGA!  Again..

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2018, 07:49:17 PM »
OVER 1 Billion lbs sprayed yearly in US.  Hmm, No worry.  Its safe, loopholes prevented significant testing but Lobby $ insured its approval.  Why should we worry or ask questions?  Its safe.  Untill its not.  Did ya know its safe but if ya test your piss its likely in UA.  Maybe test Puget Sound?  Yup there too.  Round 3, next up??
MAGA!  Again..

Offline Encore 280

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Encore 280
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2018, 09:23:31 PM »
If it's so safe, then why was Dewayne Johnson awarded nearly $300 million for his lawsuit against Monsanto? Hmmmm.

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2018, 10:17:14 PM »
Try this one on.  500% increase since 1996 in People's bodies. http://time.com/4993877/weed-killer-roundup-levels-humans/
MAGA!  Again..

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2018, 12:43:11 PM »
LOL... I don't see any studies showing it's causing harm yet. Just showing that it's in your system. Kind of funny really... The article you posted said that it hasn't shown any significant effects in humans. :dunno: A 500% increase could mean trillionths of a fraction even. The FACT is that nothing has proven that it causes humans harm yet... Why are you stuck on glyphosate anyway? Try looking up Paraquat... There's something to complain about! I saw more antelope in Wyoming than I did in Utah...

Offline fly-by

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2018, 01:25:20 PM »
Active helicopter spraying by Campbell near Sunday Creek in NF Snoqualmie drainage yesterday morning.  Weather was cool and misty and now sunny, but a little rain would have sent it right down hill into the river.

Campbell seems to use herbicides much more than Hancock ever did.  Lots of chemically burned raspberries and alders along secondary roads this year.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 01:32:01 PM by fly-by »

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2018, 02:46:13 PM »
If you look at the Cali case you will find the court said the case had standing and bumped it up the ladder, far from a $300 million pay out.  The guy may very will be paid, as the lady with the coffee burn from a fast food place was, but no science will be part of the process.
If you really want to look at glyphosate exposure check out the entire Midwest.  What has happened to the deer population in most of those areas?  Roundup ready beans and corn are the norm, they really use a bunch of the stuff.  No crash evident, coyotes and other predators are retaking long empty areas and introduced species like pheasants attract hunters by the thousands from around the world. 

Offline Ridgeratt

• Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2018, 03:05:02 PM »
As I follow this thread and I read the responses it makes me wonder. Mudman is greatly concerned at what it's doing to the animals and the problems if he feeds it to his family. So do you still hunt?  If it's such a problem I don't understand why you would actively participate in something you think will harm you.
I have friends who as they grew up would be in the wheat fields when the crop planes dusted them fields and it was like a gentle rain the mist falling. Granted times have changed.
If you drive the wheat fields in eastern Washington in the spring and you see the number of 2.5 gallon containers laying around the farms from them doing weed control you may want to stay out of this side of the state. Going to Little Goose dam every year I see a pile of empty jugs about a 40 foot circle and close to waist deep.

Most of the herbicide is also applied with a surfactant once it's dried not much washes off.

I spray my pasture and I have to deal with an organic farmer. Every year I have to explain to him how the law reads and I document the wind speed and direction. I rebuild the sprayer every spring before I start.  I use an anemometer to gauge wind speed and direction. His scientific methods are a hunk of flagging tape on the fence.   :chuckle:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 03:22:49 PM by Ridgeratt »

Offline Samloffler

• Hunter
  • Groups: Pheasants forever, RMEF
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2018, 03:40:52 PM »
Keep spraying, I say. If it scares people out of the woods, that's just more room for me.

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2018, 05:01:56 PM »
I worked for an Agriculture company for 6+ years and I know there are some bad chemicals out there but glyphosate isn't one of them. I remember last year on here seeing a post about Roundup causing hoof rot and a bunch of other people blaming forestry companies. Do you guys realize how quickly non nutritional invasive weeds come up after the soil has been disturbed compared to nutritious grass and Forbes? Unfortunately our ancestors didn't know this was going to happen and brought hundreds of invasive species over from Europe and now they spread like crazy and herbicides are a necessary evil to prevent the forest from being turned into a giant thistle patch that will only sustain finches! I understand Mudmans concern as well but it's not gonna change the facts and it's not gonna stop. As for organic farming, you should read more on that as well. I have met a few organic farmers and I was told that if you do all the requirements for organic weed control and can't get a hold on it they will allow you to spray a limited amount on your crop. I can't say it's true but an organic farmers told me that himself...

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2018, 05:59:03 PM »
It isn't the glyph that bothers me with hoof rot as much as the other chems not being discussed, 2-4d atrazine etc..  What bout them?  Also the testing or lack of and loopholes and $ involved to get these approved are very troubling.  The truth is we should try an avoid any chems in our foods and such when possible.  We can all agree on that I think.  Yet we don't.
MAGA!  Again..

Offline Ridgeratt

• Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2018, 07:02:36 PM »
Not trying to push this sideways, But I spent time on a Nuc submarine and at times sleeping right next to weapons in the torpedo room. I think I'm perfectly normal with 3 testicles.  :chuckle:

Everyday I am able to put my feet on the floor it's a good day.

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2018, 07:06:34 PM »
Not sideways, someone once told me I was normal, silly humans

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

1x scopes vs open sights by nwhunter
[Today at 03:54:47 AM]

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw