collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Blue Mountain Foothills West  (Read 17088 times)

Offline Ridgerunner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Blue Mountain Foothills West
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2018, 01:32:27 PM »
I'm holding out, we will see what turns up at the end of the season.  Hopefully its not tag soup......

Offline SilkOnTheDrySide

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2018, 01:38:55 PM »
I'm holding out, we will see what turns up at the end of the season.  Hopefully its not tag soup......

I’m rooting for you!  I told you my bloodlust overwhelms my other senses...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline elkrack

• Framer
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2018, 01:41:13 PM »
Couple nice whiteys! :tup:
life's tough its tougher if your stupid (john wayne)

If you ain’t first your last☝🏻

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2018, 03:02:41 PM »
One thing to note about this hunt, it is a buck hunt not considered quality by WDFW.  I would say with all the different GMU's that you are allowed to hunt and the time of year this hunt is right up there and in line with the type of experience you get on a quality hunt.  We hunted 149,154 and 162.  Each one of them had different things that I liked about them.  Every day we saw deer and had opportunity.  We even had a shot at an absolute wall hanger on day two that ended up actually being a nice two point with his antlers turned just right.  :chuckle:

@Woodchuck set me straight that it was not a wall hanger, it was barely a coat hanger.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline SilkOnTheDrySide

• Sourdough
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2018, 03:12:33 PM »
One thing to note about this hunt, it is a buck hunt not considered quality by WDFW.  I would say with all the different GMU's that you are allowed to hunt and the time of year this hunt is right up there and in line with the type of experience you get on a quality hunt.  We hunted 149,154 and 162.  Each one of them had different things that I liked about them.  Every day we saw deer and had opportunity.  We even had a shot at an absolute wall hanger on day two that ended up actually being a nice two point with his antlers turned just right.  :chuckle:

@Woodchuck set me straight that it was not a wall hanger, it was barely a coat hanger.

Shhhhh.

One thing that’s blown me away is how many people draw this tag and seemingly don’t hunt it...I never once had to compete for a spot.

Offline Woodchuck

• GO TEAM!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Explorer
  • HuntWA Woodblock
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2018, 03:13:37 PM »

:tup: Always here to help.  :chuckle:
Antlered rabbit tastes like chicken

Inuendo, wasn't he an Italian proctoligist?

Offline Woodchuck

• GO TEAM!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Explorer
  • HuntWA Woodblock
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2018, 03:14:44 PM »

Shhhhh.

One thing that’s blown me away is how many people draw this tag and seemingly don’t hunt it...I never once had to compete for a spot.

You hush up, I can't draw this permit to save my hide. Don't be inviting everybody else in to the pool now.
Antlered rabbit tastes like chicken

Inuendo, wasn't he an Italian proctoligist?

Offline SilkOnTheDrySide

• Sourdough
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2018, 03:16:12 PM »

Shhhhh.

You hush up, I can't draw this permit to save my hide. Don't be inviting everybody else in to the pool now.

😂😂😂 This was an Oly Penninsula hunt.

Offline borntoslay

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2018, 05:43:14 PM »
Congrats you guys nice bucks! Can we delete this thread now though? 😅 just kidding. Kind of

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

(  .  )(  .  )

Offline SilkOnTheDrySide

• Sourdough
« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2018, 05:50:25 PM »
Congrats you guys nice bucks! Can we delete this thread now though? 😅 just kidding. Kind of

Only if Rick and Brian want to 😂😂 If it was just me, then sure!

Offline Ridgerunner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2018, 06:59:18 PM »
It’s a whitetail hunt guys, it can’t be quality come on.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2018, 09:20:31 PM »
This hunt worked out well for us. I’m guessing success odds aren’t that high on this hunt any most probably get discouraged with how tough this hunt can be if you don’t really do your homework. Land is constantly changes hands in these units. My number one spot was posted when I got there. Two different private land options dried up and weren’t options. Because I had multiple options it still worked out. I hope people don’t read this thread and see two of the three people on this thread have already tagged out. There are a bunch of these tags and I wonder how many actually get filled. I also wonder how many people tag out before this hunt. I know my daughter drew this one and a doe tag that was good during the general season.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline CLARKTAR

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2018, 10:04:41 PM »

Shhhhh.

😂😂😂 This was an Oly Penninsula hunt.

*censored*. This was actually a methow hunt!

Offline Limhangerslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2018, 12:10:28 AM »
Congrats on the bucks!  Makes me itching for my hunt down there.  Starts next Tuesday.  They should be hot!

Offline SilkOnTheDrySide

• Sourdough
« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2018, 04:40:21 AM »
This hunt worked out well for us. I’m guessing success odds aren’t that high on this hunt any most probably get discouraged with how tough this hunt can be if you don’t really do your homework. Land is constantly changes hands in these units. My number one spot was posted when I got there. Two different private land options dried up and weren’t options. Because I had multiple options it still worked out. I hope people don’t read this thread and see two of the three people on this thread have already tagged out. There are a bunch of these tags and I wonder how many actually get filled. I also wonder how many people tag out before this hunt. I know my daughter drew this one and a doe tag that was good during the general season.

Great post Rick.  People may read this and think this was a slam dunk hunt. But all three tag holders in this thread have worked their butts off on research and scouting.  I’ve sat in landowner kitchens, researched land, made multiple scouting trips, and rarely saw camp in the daylight.

I commented to FillTheFreezer the other day that I forgot how much work front country hunts can be.  My legs are just as smoked as they are from a Backcountry hunt.  It took multiple days of hard hunting.  Not to mention plan D thanks to the fog. 

They certainly didn’t have them tied up somewhere 😆

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]