collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Crispi Boots Leaking  (Read 7751 times)

Offline JeffRaines

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
Re: Crispi Boots Leaking
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 11:46:17 PM »
Really?? Terrible customer service? They have a 12 month warranty and after 14 months you have a water leak and they sent you that response and you call that terrible customer service? Wow

I would reserve my judgement until we know more - yeah if he's a guide, then I can see the waterproofing breaking down after 14 months of hard use.

However, I would be quite pissed off if I bought a pair of boots for 300 bucks and I didn't get more than two seasons out of the waterproof liner.

I would also consider that bad customer service - I get their warranty runs out after 12 months and thats all fine - they could have at least mentioned the warranty that goretex carries and gotten him in touch with them.

Offline Tbob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: King co. Search and Rescue
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 08:29:14 PM »
So I had a pair of Thor’s start to leak pretty bad on me. I emailed there customer service and they just told me to send them in and they will check them out and get back to me. They said that after testing they agree that the boots were leaking and said they would just send me a new pair. They are on the way (no charges).
   They never asked me about when or where I bought them or even for anytype of proof of purchase. Sorry to hear about your experience with them, but for me, it was easy as that!

Offline T-Dozzer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2018, 07:13:51 PM »
Well that's sucks. I love mine for what its worrh.
Kenetrek did the same thing to me.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2018, 07:33:34 PM »
Mine started to leak.  I  cleaned them and then treated them with Nikwax. Didn't leak after that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline hollymaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2018, 08:37:42 PM »
Mine started to leak.  I  cleaned them and then treated them with Nikwax. Didn't leak after that.

This. I don’t think most guys clean and maintenance there boots.  :twocents:

Offline NorseNW

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2018, 06:14:46 AM »

Unfortunately I'm just learning this lesson but it makes sense.  I'm curious with your success did you use the Nikwax cleaner and the waterproofing?  Not sure what my hangup is but I'm always skeptical of the "cleaners" and if they are really needed.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2018, 08:22:16 AM »
Nikwax won't do a thing for the separation of the Goretex fabric from the boot. It's like trying to stop a leak in a boat with a napkin. I'm really surprised at the lack of customer service on this issue. For this reason, I would never buy a pair of Crispi boots. The rand on my Lowas is starting to separate and Lowa will replace the out and inner soles, and the rand for free, in Germany. All I have to do is get them to CT for processing and it'll take 3 months. Much better response.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
    • facebook
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 08:42:01 AM »
Nikwax won't do a thing for the separation of the Goretex fabric from the boot. It's like trying to stop a leak in a boat with a napkin. I'm really surprised at the lack of customer service on this issue. For this reason, I would never buy a pair of Crispi boots. The rand on my Lowas is starting to separate and Lowa will replace the out and inner soles, and the rand for free, in Germany. All I have to do is get them to CT for processing and it'll take 3 months. Much better response.
Well it stopped my leaking.

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
    • facebook
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2018, 08:46:53 AM »

Unfortunately I'm just learning this lesson but it makes sense.  I'm curious with your success did you use the Nikwax cleaner and the waterproofing?  Not sure what my hangup is but I'm always skeptical of the "cleaners" and if they are really needed.
Yes I used the cleaner/conditioner. Not sure if it was necessary but it didn't hurt.

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2018, 08:55:01 AM »

I believe you. You probably didn't have a manufacturing flaw like CAB did.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2018, 09:45:25 AM »

14 months in, and you call that a manufacturing flaw?

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Crispi Boots Leaking
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2018, 09:49:34 AM »

I would.  Maybe just plain defect is a better choice of word.

14 months old but how many months of actual use? Not 14. Probably not many. It’s not like they’re the boots you wear to work every day. I’d be dissatisfied at best. Especially at the price. My Meindl’s are at least 6 years old. They were probably worn out 2 years ago but they still don’t leak.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
    • facebook
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2018, 10:05:56 AM »

14 months old but how many months of actual use? Not 14. Probably not many. It’s not like they’re the boots you wear to work every day. I’d be dissatisfied at best. Especially at the price. My Meindl’s are at least 6 years old. They were probably worn out 2 years ago but they still don’t leak.
My Meindls leaked too :chuckle: cleaned and Nikwax and they quit leaking. However to your point I wear my hunting boots to work every day. Crispis spring, summer, and fall. Meindls in winter. I've actually never had a boot that didn't start leaking eventually.

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2018, 10:14:18 AM »

These were only used for hunting, probably a total of about 2 months of actual use. By the way, the OP is a boot designer who's designed for L.L. Bean and Timberland. When he says it's a defect in workmanship, he knows what he's talking about.

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2018, 10:27:32 AM »
I don't know how you guys expect these higher end boot companies to honor warranties longer than their 12 month warranty period. So you buy a new Dodge truck and 2 months after your warranty expires, something goes wrong. Is Dodge going to take care of that on their dime? No.

A warranty is a warranty. No sense bashing a company that honors their warranty.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

1x scopes vs open sights by nwhunter
[Today at 03:54:47 AM]

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]