collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Crispi Boots Leaking  (Read 7790 times)

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Crispi Boots Leaking
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2018, 10:57:11 AM »
And I don't know why you wouldn't expect a high-end boot company to at least take a look at the problem to make sure that it wasn't a manufacturing defect instead of regular wear and tear. There's standard testing to confirm GoreTex failure which would put the cost of replacement on GoreTex, not the boot company. My Lowas don't have a lifetime warranty but the company is fixing them nonetheless, because they recognize that I spent a lot of money on my boots and want me to recommend them to others. And again, I would think an accomplished outdoor boot designer knows the difference between a defect and a wear issue. I'm glad you're happy with your Crispis. It's prudent for someone within the industry to recognize a lack of service when he sees it and warn fellow hunters about the possibility that they may not be treated as well by one company as another. You don't have to agree. But I doubt you're coming from anywhere near his knowledge about boot construction. Am I right?
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2018, 11:13:33 AM »
I actually don't particularly like my Crispi Valdres. But it's because of their eyelet design. I hate the fabric eyelet at the ankle.  I can never get my boot tight enough in the foot. But they have been durable and I wouldn't mind trying one of their other models that has a different eyelet design. But I'll probably try a different brand.  I don't really have any brand loyalty and I like to try different stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2018, 12:50:50 PM »
To clarify I guess, I’m not saying they should or shouldn’t be covered under warranty. I am saying they should last longer and I’d be pissed if I spent that money and they failed.

And dodge trucks usually break down before the warranty expires so your argument there is flawed.
:tung:
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2018, 01:30:24 PM »
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2018, 02:55:38 PM »
And I don't know why you wouldn't expect a high-end boot company to at least take a look at the problem to make sure that it wasn't a manufacturing defect instead of regular wear and tear. There's standard testing to confirm GoreTex failure which would put the cost of replacement on GoreTex, not the boot company. My Lowas don't have a lifetime warranty but the company is fixing them nonetheless, because they recognize that I spent a lot of money on my boots and want me to recommend them to others. And again, I would think an accomplished outdoor boot designer knows the difference between a defect and a wear issue. I'm glad you're happy with your Crispis. It's prudent for someone within the industry to recognize a lack of service when he sees it and warn fellow hunters about the possibility that they may not be treated as well by one company as another. You don't have to agree. But I doubt you're coming from anywhere near his knowledge about boot construction. Am I right?

I never said I had any knowledge in boot construction. However, I do know that I basically burn through a pair of high end boots every year and it would be laughable to even think about sending a pair back after 14 months. I've also had a brand new pair of high end boots not fit my left foot right straight out of the box. Those boots were in a closet for 3 years, which is obviously outside of their warranty. I went about it differently than the OP and had the boot fixed for the cost of shipping. If the OP is some boot builder of some sort, then he should obviously know that a couple phone calls might be a better effort than he gave. Better yet, you'd think he' d be familiar with Gore-Tex and its flaws maybe even contact them since it seems to be their issue more than the boot manufacturer outside their 12 months warranty.  :dunno:

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2018, 05:57:50 AM »
OK, thanks.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline spoonman

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2018, 03:22:29 PM »
So I posted a reply  to your post a few down from the beginning.  My brother just got his"NEW" boots back in the mail when Crispi determined they were defective.  It was a couple week turn around from the time he sent them in to when he got the new pair in the mail. Pretty good customer service !

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2018, 03:31:10 PM »
I worked for a company that was out of products all the time, sent the wrong products, forgot to put products in the order, etc. One of my most common compliments was that I was good at fixing mistakes and a problem solver. When your company is producing defective products, you'd better have good customer service. But, it's better to have good products right out of the gate. From what I've heard and seen, these boots aren't all that great a lot of times.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]