collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: NW Chapter Washington Waterfowl Association  (Read 35989 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
NW Chapter Washington Waterfowl Association
« on: October 05, 2018, 11:08:42 AM »
2nd Tuesday of each month 7pm Conway Firehall

We we having our monthly business meeting with a guest speaker. Rob Wingard will be our guest speaker. Rob is a Biologist and supports the Private Lands Program (Feel free to hunt, hunt by reservation etc.) for Region 4. There the program that initiates contracts with landowners to allow hunters to access private lands.

on the corner of Greenfeild and Fir Island RD right next to the ball feild on the South side of the road next to the Skagit River.
 21020 Greenfeild Rd 98273
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 07:13:22 PM by Special T »
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: NW Chapter Washington Waterfowl Association
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 06:46:17 PM »
Got a bunch of my last min projects done before the opener. Even had my helpers involved... amazing how much quicker it goes when you have several hands helping out!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 06:17:04 PM »
Includes Skagit, Island Counties and part of Snohomish County. Contact is Chairman Rick Billieu at rgbillieu@frontier.com or (425) 299-6704.  Meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month, 7 pm at the Conway Fire Hall on Greenfield Street in Conway.

http://wwa.shuttlepod.org/

Facebook pages for the Northwest Washington Waterfowl Association, Washington Waterfowl Association Lower Columbia Chapter, Grays Harbor Chapter of the Washington Waterfowl Assoc. Written as they are titled/ named.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 06:31:53 PM by Special T »

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 07:32:44 AM »
We had a great presentation last night by  Rob Wingard  on the private lands program. There are 74 sites in region 4, Snohomish, Skagit and Whatcom counties. 34 of which will be ready for opening day. they will show up on the Go Hunt site as they become ready. 4800+ hunters use this program in region 4 every year. There are survey cards in each blind make sure to fill them out they help document its use and hunters success and satisfaction.

The Youth Hunt was a success. 22 hunters 17 parents, 9 blinds 180 decoys , 400 ducks harvested and one goose. A big Thankyou to the Swinomish and Edison Duck Clubs for opening up for the youth! Rick Holt and Rich Sibka over seeing each location.

The Farmed Island Boat tour was also a success. 7 boats ferried the crowd over to the island unit where WDFWs Kern Cosgrove did a walking tour.Afterwords the crew piled back in the boats and went for a jaunt around the island visiting Steam Boat Slew, and Mill Town.

http://apps.wdfw.wa.gov/gohunt/app.html?theme=bigGame
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:41:39 AM by Special T »

Confucius

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 10:19:18 AM »
I sat right behind Special T.

Great organization, more should join.  They are likely putting on a duck slam event for members, join to participate.

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 01:11:56 PM »
I sat right behind Special T.

Great organization, more should join.  They are likely putting on a duck slam event for members, join to participate.

The discussion revolved around doing a test run for members only if you've been on the fence, or just need a little nudge to join you should. This great ideal will likely go whole hog next year after some beta testing.

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 08:58:36 AM »
The next meeting is Tuesday at the Conway  firehall. Come meet some other hunters and maybe some nuggets on how the local hunting has been.

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 02:29:54 PM »
The main thing is to get you out of your comfort area to hunt for some birds that you would normally pass on and to have some more fun while your doing it.

The example I can give is my youngest son. He's decided to participate in the adult slam. He only has 2 birds left to go. So now when we are out he only looks for black ducks flying! It is quite funny when its just mallards coming in cause he's all bumded! What a great problem to have!

So get with your friend and send a email to WWADABBLERSLAM@gmail.com Get enrolled and have some fun...

Once you are enrolled its as easy as take a picture of yourself and your bird and emailing it to the account! I'll keep track of your success.

They seam like easy birds to get but I'm willing to bet that you only shoot one a season on a few of them.

So A few questions I'm sure.

1) Do I have to shoot all in one Day? NOPE you got all season, heck who even knows where coots are!!!

2) Do I have to be a member in good standing? YES, So pay your dues. You can send it to me and I'll forward it along. (I'll be checking).

3)Youth slam, so does that mean boys and girls can enroll? Yes they can but it is supposed to mean they can shoot drakes or hens (realizing they might not get out that much). Also for only $10 for them, so get the kids signed up!

4) I would like my kids to get in on this one too (thanks for clearing up the sex thing) do they have to be registered? YES either on their own or a family membership.

a. Can shoot drakes or hen's.

b. Cost for your slam $10.

5) But I’m not a WWA member (SHAME ON YOU!!!)? Well sign up, send a email to WWADABBLERSLAM@gmail.com and we’ll get you straightened out.

So get your crew together and get enrolled! It would be good to have a better standing then your partners!

I hope your reading clear down to here cause this program is a great way to go after some birds you don't normally shoot and will get you to try some different things. Hunting should be fun and that is what we are trying to do with this one. If you have any questions then send and email to WWADABBLERSLAM@gmail.com and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Be stoked about the season and always be safe out there!

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 03:26:50 PM »
From one of our WWA Whatcom chapter members. This intersection is near the Canadian border just west of the Lynden border crossing.

Ran into the the game warden on Friday 11/30 at the corner of Weidkamp and the Badger road picking up all these discarded and rotted ducks and geese that were apparently thrown from a vehicle over a miles worth on the Weidkamp road. The Whatcom chapter of Washington Waterfowl Association has offered a 250 dollar reward for the conviction of the people responsible for this disgusting wastage. Please Share!

MAJOR WASTAGE CASE – WHATCOM COUNTY

Officer Koontz received a tip about numerous ducks and geese being dumped in a ditch along a road in Whatcom County. Officer Koontz and Brad Otto, a Natural Resource Technician, recovered over 60 birds from the ditch. None of them were breasted and they appeared to have been dead for several days. The birds were spread out singly. It appears they were thrown from a vehicle traveling up the road. This major wastage case is currently under investigation. We are requesting that if you have any information to call us at 1-877-933-9847 or anonymously text us at 847411 (TIP411) Enter WDFWTIP (a space) and the Report.

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 11:47:13 AM »
Meeting tomorrow night at the Conway fire-hall...  Im certain there will be lots of chatter about what everyone has been seeing around the valley.

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 05:58:35 AM »
Update 2 young men have been refered fir prosecution in regards to the wastage case up north.

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 06:59:10 PM »
Come on out and join us !!                                         

The NW Chapter will meet Tuesday January 8th at the Conway Fire Station starting at 7:00 pm.

Guest Speaker - Dave Jones  - DFW Enforcement Officer.

Meeting topics include the current waterfowl hunting season, this month’s Brant season and the February  (White Goose only) season.

We will go through our standard Agenda and take a look forward at this years planned events.

If you have an agenda item or would like something shared at the meeting please reply to this email with the info.

Gift Card raffle at end of meeting.

See you all Tuesday and bring a friend!

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2019, 07:40:55 PM »
The NW Chapter will meet tomorrow March 12th at the Conway Fire Station starting at 7:00 pm.

Agenda topics include:

- Guest Speaker
   Kyle Spragens – WDFW Waterfowl Section Manager
- Group open discussion
 - Hunting (Extended White Goose Season)
        (how did you do?)
- Washington Brant Foundation Decoy Carving Competition
       Maynard Axelson/Kurt Benson
- Layout Boat Raffle and build
- Hunter Education Trap Shoot
- ADA Blind build – identify a suitable location
      Public/Private
- Cleanup dates for Farmed Island and Samish unit
- Wood Duck Box Maintenance

End of Meeting Raffle

See you all Tuesday and bring a friend!

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 08:41:53 AM »
Kyle Spragens, waterfall section Mgr, gave a presentation on the season setting process. This presentation to the Commission was only 15 min, but it took almost an hour with all the questions that we asked. I have to say he took some jabs pretty good. I urged him to produce a you tube video explaining the ins and outs of the process. Many of the slings he took were the result of our lack of understanding his role and authority with the Feds. Which is fairly limited.

We also got to meet our new bio Callie Moore who will be our point of contact for some potential banding opportunities.

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2019, 09:34:33 PM »
The NW Chapter will meet Tuesday, May 14th  at the Conway, Wa  Fire Station starting at 7:00 pm.

We will go through our standard Agenda including:

Guest Speaker
        Chris Danilson
            Fish and Wildlife Biologist, DNR (Sedro Woolley District)
            DNR Hunting and Access Programs opportunities

Samish Unit Clean-up (recap)
    Conway Boat Launch donation to Skagit Parks and Recreation
    Washington Brant Foundation Carving Competition
    Layout Boat Build and Raffle
    WAG Meeting results
    Hunter Ed Trap shot (Cancelled)
    ADA Blind build
    Chapter Calendar
    End of Meeting Raffle

Confucius

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 11:53:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan