collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sinlahekin whitetail buck tag  (Read 4708 times)

Offline spin05

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Re: Sinlahekin whitetail buck tag
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2018, 01:11:00 AM »
So I haven't hunted that area up there before but I am curious for the late archery season is the Loomis state forest land all open for hunting? Or would I have better luck trying  to find some BLM land? Just trying to get my first whitetail doe. Any advice would be great as I've never hunted for whitetail before. I've been a mule deer guy my whole life. Thanks everyone!

For a whitetail doe stick to the valley floor.  I have been seeeing them as high up as 3 or 4k thou

Offline BKMFR

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: WSF-Life member, F4WM, ITA, RMEF, MDF, ABF-Life member
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2018, 04:54:57 AM »
Common tactic and successful one for what your wanting is, stay in Sinlahekin valley go in between Blue Lake and Ford Lake, hunt on west side of main road, get up off road 100 plus yards, use tree stand on a well used trail, and for added success use apples as an attractant. It works for many in the area. Deer are going to and from water/swampy area on valley floor, then back up the mountain a few hundred yards to 1/2 mile.....

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2018, 05:05:06 AM »
 :yeah: That's how I hunt that area
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Molon5labe

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2018, 06:05:16 AM »
Common tactic and successful one for what your wanting is, stay in Sinlahekin valley go in between Blue Lake and Ford Lake, hunt on west side of main road, get up off road 100 plus yards, use tree stand on a well used trail, and for added success use apples as an attractant. It works for many in the area. Deer are going to and from water/swampy area on valley floor, then back up the mountain a few hundred yards to 1/2 mile.....

Thank you

Offline dibbs

• Tracker
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2018, 06:44:18 AM »
I have spent a LOT of time in the Sinlahekin the last couple of weeks.  Sadly, deer numbers are WAY down.  The only place there are any numbers/herds of Whitetail consistently are on the private ground /big ranches protected area. 

Yes there are a few animals being harvested.  However, multiple predators- (there are wolves running around whether WDFW would confirm this or not) over hunting(mismanagement by WDFW), and loss of habitat/cover have both mule deer and whitetail deer numbers in the toilet in Okanogan and Ferry counties, where I work on a daily basis.  Flame on~ and good luck with your hunt.

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2018, 12:00:25 PM »
No sense to flame on. You hit the nail on the head. Sad but true.

Offline spin05

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2018, 01:13:11 AM »
I have spent a LOT of time in the Sinlahekin the last couple of weeks.  Sadly, deer numbers are WAY down.  The only place there are any numbers/herds of Whitetail consistently are on the private ground /big ranches protected area. 

Yes there are a few animals being harvested.  However, multiple predators- (there are wolves running around whether WDFW would confirm this or not) over hunting(mismanagement by WDFW), and loss of habitat/cover have both mule deer and whitetail deer numbers in the toilet in Okanogan and Ferry counties, where I work on a daily basis.  Flame on~ and good luck with your hunt.

Good maybe the crowds will thin out and opening up some camp spots

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal