collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Westport Jetty  (Read 4053 times)

Offline SeatoSummit88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Westport Jetty
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 08:14:51 PM »
Fast Eddie, nice catch and reports. PM me if you'd like any more info on the Jetty. You may have a system that works, so no worries. Feel free to message if you have any questions or would like other gear recommendations! Tight lines
If I'm not selling, I should be hunting, If I'm not hunting, I should quit!

Offline fast60eddie

• Scout
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 08:24:47 PM »
Found these on the table today. I’d say it is a sign of something good. Just need to find the right jig head now. I am look at solunar and tide tables for mid March.

Offline Switchback

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2019, 02:21:29 PM »
Counting down until March 9 as well!

I use those Gulp grubs quite a bit, love them except for when you have smaller fish bite them, then they always seem to bite just the tail of the grub off. That white is my favorite, that and the new penny color.

I've had good luck with the Kalin's Ultimate Swim Bait jigheads, the 3/4 oz. jighead has a 5/0 hook and works well at jetties and doesn't sink too fast with the big Gulp grub on it. When I'm on my boat at the jetties I use a slightly heavier jig, like a 1.5oz or 2oz. But those heavier ones aren't as good for shore fishing IMO because they sink faster and are more prone to diving in between rocks and snagging. Can't jig as effectively when they sink so fast. Kalin's also makes the Ultimate Bullet Jig in the same size, they both work well. As well as the Sea Striker got-cha heads, their 1oz jig has a 4/0 hook. I typically get the unpainted to save money, I haven't had any reason to believe the painted ones get any more strikes. If you're fishing with Gulp then it just doesn't matter if the jighead is painted or not, they are biting no matter what!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal