collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dead 2 point mulies  (Read 13251 times)

Offline jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Dead 2 point mulies
« on: October 16, 2018, 10:47:10 AM »
Well Sunday was the day I found my first dead two point Muskie when rifle hunting. This makes me mad. People need to look. Has anyone else seen any.? Just wonder how many get shot and left.

Crazy

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
Re: Dead 2 point mulies
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 10:56:53 AM »
It’s B.S if you ask me!! There ain’t no excuse for shooting a two point in a 3 pt area, if you can’t control your emotions enough to make the right judgment on a two point and thinking it’s a 3 pt then you should probably hunt an any buck unit or be man or women enough to own up to your mistake , whoever does this kind of crap doesn’t deserve to be huntn because they are COWARDS !!
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 11:47:01 AM »
Always good to report them to WDFW enforcement.  Maybe nothing happens, maybe they have information about a shooter but no dead two point.
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline jstone

• Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 11:53:07 AM »
I didn’t see them do it, so I couldn’t prove it. But, I did see 5 guys come out of that area opening afternoon. If I could have proven it I would have called

Offline BKMFR

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: WSF-Life member, F4WM, ITA, RMEF, MDF, ABF-Life member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 11:53:27 AM »
If in Montana, common sense would be used. In Washington, get ready to lose your hunting privileges!! Maybe if WDFW used common sense in these instances the deer would not have went to waste. People would rather walk away- which is not right, but WDFW doesn't encourage people to do the right thing, when mistakes happen.

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 12:48:48 PM »
I have seen a couple of 2x2's dead over the years of hunting in Washington.  Its non-explainable but it does happen.  The first year the Yakima area went to spike only elk hunting I came across a guy that had shot a 2x2 bull thinking it was a spike.  When I saw him he had a rock and was trying to brake the small point off.  We  should be better hunters and make sure before we shoot.  Now with all this said, and I will probably take heat from this comment, If I ever was to make this mistake I wouldn't notify WDFW to turn myself in.  In this state they would tell you thanks for being honest and then throw the absolute book at you!  Thousands of dollars later and you picture in the paper it would be over.
Zonk Volmer

Offline skipjack

• Forum Sponsor
  • Tracker
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 02:02:28 PM »
Need to report it... they may have a tip on the shooter but no animal.. may be a bullet to compare to cartridges found in the area...

Offline RockChuck

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 02:05:55 PM »
Sad that this happens, the 3pt rule is easy enough to follow, the true spike rule is a little tougher, seen more then my share of spikes with a sticker out one side left dead and on the hoof

Offline WAnoob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 02:28:36 PM »
When I hunted Winthrop a few years ago (first and last time) I ran into several fish and game checkpoints that all had several confiscated poached 2 pts.  :bash:

Please report it, it could lead to something more.
AK 907

Offline baldopepper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 03:04:28 PM »
Haven't seen any this year yet, found two last year, both near the road.  Wondered what all the Ravens and bald eagles we're working on and stopped and checked.  No excuse for it, seems everyone carries expensive binoculars these days, I guess they just don't use them. Worried this year as we've seen a lot of two points down near and on the road.

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 04:11:33 PM »
I think 3pt and spike only rule is stupid.  Flame on but hunt or don't hunt.  Limit hunters but quit setting up for entrapment.  Emotions are what people are about and mistakes will always be made based on emotions, its human nature.  The sad thing is when a mistake is made people will leave n hide to avoid prosecution instead of NOT wasting and self reporting and taking the punishment.  Of course when its such a severe punishment I PROMISE everyone flaming would do the same if they did make a mistake.  Don't tell me YOU would NOT make a mistake unless u are not a human.  Don't say I would self report cause IF you haven't you have no credibility.  People are such armchair judges but cmon man people aren't perfect and will not risk their livelihood to man up.  No I have not done it but I know its a possible outcome when I hunt as I do make mistakes.  Sorry I am tired of the MR> Perfects ranting....  Geta grip and save your righteousness for yourself...………………………………………………...
MAGA!  Again..

Offline Apples

• Hunter
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 07:09:45 PM »
holy crap really! If you aren't 100% sure of your target don't pull the trigger it aint rocket science.

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2018, 07:35:49 PM »
I think 3pt and spike only rule is stupid.  Flame on but hunt or don't hunt.  Limit hunters but quit setting up for entrapment.  Emotions are what people are about and mistakes will always be made based on emotions, its human nature.  The sad thing is when a mistake is made people will leave n hide to avoid prosecution instead of NOT wasting and self reporting and taking the punishment.  Of course when its such a severe punishment I PROMISE everyone flaming would do the same if they did make a mistake.  Don't tell me YOU would NOT make a mistake unless u are not a human.  Don't say I would self report cause IF you haven't you have no credibility.  People are such armchair judges but cmon man people aren't perfect and will not risk their livelihood to man up.  No I have not done it but I know its a possible outcome when I hunt as I do make mistakes.  Sorry I am tired of the MR> Perfects ranting....  Geta grip and save your righteousness for yourself...………………………………………………...
:yeah:
Bruce Vandervort

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2018, 07:44:03 PM »
2 point muskie (?) and 2 point mulies (?)  :chuckle: :chuckle:
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline elkboy

• Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2018, 07:45:59 PM »
The spike regulation is harder to follow than the three point rule.  Many yearling bucks have tiny little 2-3" antlers that show "visible antler above the hairline", but blend in with the white along the inner ear.  In many states, there is a 3" allowance for spike antlers on a deer due to this. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Yesterday at 09:12:44 PM]